AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 09:49:01 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Nebraska  (Read 48266 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2003, 12:14:04 am »

I would like to add another request to this: what years?
editor
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2003, 12:37:33 am »

OK Gentleman!  Now we're talking!

I have visited the following Assemblies:

SLO
San Francisco
Sacramento
Fullerton
Placentia
Santa Barbara
Hastings
Lincoln
Champaign
Annondale
Providence
Spokane

The ones in bold were places I stayed for some time. I lived there, put up posters, preached, prayed, cooked and other things.  I am quite familiar with the places in bold, and I think they are a fair sampling of the ministry.  The years for most were between 1994 and 2000, although I was first in the Assembly in the summer of 1983.

What was similar in all these gatherings was:
manner of speech, books, themes in ministry, style of prayer, dress code, chair set up, liturgy and times meetings stopped and started, the fact that each one of them read the same letter from Bro. George, prayer requests, training homes, single sisters, Lord's supper, Lord's treasury (always cash, no accounting), childtraining,
cohesiveness with other assemblies, smallness and exclusive nature of the group, all followed the same few leaders, (Geftakys's, Zach, Hayman, Notti, Edwards,)

and so on and so on.

The different assemblies were absolute clones of eachother, with the following exceptions.

In Providence, everyone in fellowship was a leading brother and worker, except one sister, Yvonne, who was neither.  That was different, everything else was the same.

In the midwest, the saints knew way WAY more about BBQ and food for fellowships.  The hospitality at the Matthews' house in Champaign was really great.

The further away from Cali, the more the Assemblies were "substandard" according to the "vision" communicated by George and Tim.  The exception to this was Omaha, which seemed to be doing real good (according to Geftakys ideas)

I only spent one night in Omaha, but got to know several saints from there very well.

The most striking difference I have noticed over the years, is that in SLO we were taught that getting a mortgage was sin, and that in every other place, except San Francisco, it was OK.  I have not made a big deal about this, or even mentioned it in any of my writings.

The long list of similarities, in my opinion, in unassailable.  However, I will quickly correct any mistakes, but you must convince me!

Brent
« Last Edit: February 07, 2003, 12:44:15 am by B. Trockman » Logged
wmathews

Email
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2003, 01:14:54 am »

Thanks, Brent,

Always knew we made a mean BBQ here in Champaign....I tell ya its the wood out here!  Seriously, I remember the team visit here and it is a positive memory among many, in spite of the horrendous events of late. Y'all come out here, we'll show y'all our secret BBQ formula!
Wayne and Pat
editor
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2003, 02:55:05 am »

Dear Wayne

Be advised, Suzie is reading over my shoulder, and she really loves the Midwest.  You are putting yourself at risk for a Tr0ckman visit.  Grin

Wayne, was I accurate in my description of Midwest hospitality?  Do I need to correct anything?  I did not want to insinuate that the Midwest saints were better at BBQ than the East coast, or West coast if it isn't true.

Please help me out, I want to be accurate in everything I post here.   Cheesy

Brent
psalm51

Email
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2003, 04:08:27 am »

Brent and Suzie,
Wasn't it raining cats and dogs that evening? All I can remember is the steamy, rainy weather.  Visit in the Fall, it is beautiful.
Pat
BenJapheth
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2003, 04:28:19 am »

"The assembly way of doing things"...

George took over the little church in Omaha where several families and singles had been meeting in the Miller home.  Chuck Miller said the first tip he had that George-the-Fraud-Monster was a wolf was that George-the-Fraud-Monster said that their little gathering should "stop breaking bread" until he arrived and "showed them how."

So, I guess the Monster showed all the assemblies how, right?

What a tragedy! ...Chuck Miller was a faithful witness in 1978, but he was opposed by Zach and by Hayman.  Both men were being led into idolatry by the terrible Fraud-Monster Geftakys.

So, Fraud-Monster spread idolatry throughout the land.

OK Gentleman!  Now we're talking!

I have visited the following Assemblies:

SLO
San Francisco
Sacramento
Fullerton
Placentia
Santa Barbara
Hastings
Lincoln
Champaign
Annondale
Providence
Spokane

The ones in bold were places I stayed for some time. I lived there, put up posters, preached, prayed, cooked and other things.  I am quite familiar with the places in bold, and I think they are a fair sampling of the ministry.  The years for most were between 1994 and 2000, although I was first in the Assembly in the summer of 1983.

What was similar in all these gatherings was:
manner of speech, books, themes in ministry, style of prayer, dress code, chair set up, liturgy and times meetings stopped and started, the fact that each one of them read the same letter from Bro. George, prayer requests, training homes, single sisters, Lord's supper, Lord's treasury (always cash, no accounting), childtraining,
cohesiveness with other assemblies, smallness and exclusive nature of the group, all followed the same few leaders, (Geftakys's, Zach, Hayman, Notti, Edwards,)

and so on and so on.

The different assemblies were absolute clones of eachother, with the following exceptions.

In Providence, everyone in fellowship was a leading brother and worker, except one sister, Yvonne, who was neither.  That was different, everything else was the same.

In the midwest, the saints knew way WAY more about BBQ and food for fellowships.  The hospitality at the Matthews' house in Champaign was really great.

The further away from Cali, the more the Assemblies were "substandard" according to the "vision" communicated by George and Tim.  The exception to this was Omaha, which seemed to be doing real good (according to Geftakys ideas)

I only spent one night in Omaha, but got to know several saints from there very well.

The most striking difference I have noticed over the years, is that in SLO we were taught that getting a mortgage was sin, and that in every other place, except San Francisco, it was OK.  I have not made a big deal about this, or even mentioned it in any of my writings.

The long list of similarities, in my opinion, in unassailable.  However, I will quickly correct any mistakes, but you must convince me!

Brent
« Last Edit: February 14, 2003, 09:19:11 am by :: Chuck Vanasse :: » Logged
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2003, 04:37:09 am »

Brent
Brent,
I'm Wayne's son and I was wondering if you stayed with us when we had meetings in our house or when we lived in the brick house. And I must admit that we here in the Midwest just have BBQ skills. It's a Midwest Thang.
Arthur
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2003, 11:38:31 pm »

Chuck,  How was it that the some of the Miller progeny got whisked away to Fullerton shortly after the debacle that you described?  Was the evil so dominate as to turn children against their own parents?
BenJapheth
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2003, 05:05:29 am »

Yes.

Chuck,  How was it that the some of the Miller progeny got whisked away to Fullerton shortly after the debacle that you described?  Was the evil so dominate as to turn children against their own parents?
Tom Weltner
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2003, 06:39:10 am »

I've heard much about this supposed Midwest BBQ skill.  Hard for a die-hard West Coast BBQ artist to believe.  So far, most Midwest BBQ chef's I've talked to shamefully cook with GAS BBQ's.  Oh the shame of it!  To be found outdoor cooking with GAS.  Everyone on the West coast knows that real overcomers ONLY cook on hardwood fires....OK, maybe charcoal in a pinch....

BenJapheth
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2003, 06:46:57 am »

No, we Kansas city folk do our BBQ in a pit, buddy.  

Stick to your surf'n, sunny-bunny.   Cheesy

Chuck
Tom Weltner
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2003, 11:43:46 am »

Gee....gosh....I guess you really put me in my place....Here on the West Coast we tend to eat our BBQ kinda rare, cuz it burns our arms to hold the stuff over the fire for so long...
4Him

Email
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2003, 12:37:51 pm »

Dear Joseph
I visited 12 Assemblies.  They were all totally similiar.
2.  You assume that the spirit behind the geftakys ministry is the same spirit behind the current assemblies or gatherings...  I don't believe it is the same thing.
Brent

Absolutely.  The whole premise of the leadership, which was all picked by GG.  The teaching of the pre-eminence of the "testimony", the false teaching regarding "overcomers", the continued secrecy, ad infinitumnauseum.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 12:38:49 pm by Tim Souther » Logged
4Him

Email
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2003, 12:53:38 pm »

Dear Joseph
2.  ...  I agree, ... that the Geftakys ministry is dangerous.. that's why I don't want to be involved with it anymore - That does not change the fact that I want to be involved with the people here in Forest Park, and all those that attend the T&T conf... etc.  I don't believe it is the same thing.
As to children/teens going to a conference, your parents are allowing you to go.  You could not go if your folks didn't want you to. You are being "sent." ...
Brent

Joseph,
Until just a few days ago*, I saw this T&T Conf. like that (fun time w/friends, etc.) and was going to allow my teens to go.  But what is the purpose behind it?  And, who is conducting it?  First Q: To instruct/indoctrinate.  2nd Q: Mike Zach & Roger Grant.  As much as I love them, they were still two of GG's closest confidantes in the MW.  And especially MZ, who has some very serious documented problems regarding the DG/JG abuse, as well as the Chuck Miller situation and others over the years in Omaha.

*Why just a few days ago?  It's going to take some time for me to see everything clearly. (John Malone & Brent Tr0ckman, you were right again!)  Tongue Kiss
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2003, 01:08:05 pm »

...George-the-Fraud-Monster was a wolf...  
 ...Sock-Puppet Zach...
 ...Shameful Hayman...

Wow!  This is swell!  Do we all get special names?  So is George a fraud-monster or a wolf?  Are they the same thing?
I'm confused.  Wow.  

So Mr. Vanasse, what is your title?
Is it quite lovely like these other ones?  

I'm glad there is such a renewed love of the amazing English language.  Wow.  There is a thousand different ways to brighten up someone's name!  Did I say "brighten"?  Sorry.  

Good luck with picking out fun names for everyone else.  It might take a while but in a few months, I think everyone will be covered.

Ciao.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 01:16:56 pm by Luke Robinson » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: