AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 04:32:26 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY CHATTING ABOUT THINGS  (Read 106922 times)
lenore
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2005, 07:51:22 pm »

:)March 28th:

Easter Monday:

The life last week has been a topsy turvery one for me.  As you have notice I can use my writing skills for venting in a negative way, as well as a postive way.

On Monday last 21st: I went down to Ottawa to an appointment at one of the hospitals.
I went to the weight clinic, the doctor there is a Canada wide, renown physican and research on problems of weight.  Even though throughout the winter because of my fear of falling on icy sidewalks, my exercise routine was curved to bowling once a week.  Despite of that the Dr. was p leased that I lost 7 lbs and lost an inch of fat off my waist.  Because now the ice walks are clear and I can use runners instead of winter boots. I am walking, going to the pool to swim and back going to the gym for weight machine exercise, plus bowling. Dr. is very pleased that for a person who is about 280 lbs that I do all that exercising.  Even though I am about 100 lbs over weight, I am 5'6 1/2" tall, Dr. said I hold my weight well, it is balanced well. and I am fit for the size of me. He is pleased that I am slowly lossing because the rapid weight loss, is mostly water, and doesnt stay off. After all I have been dieting since I was 12 years old, more I DIETED , the more I gained.  My metobolic system needs to be retrained.
I also got to see my daughter Christie who lives in Ottawa , spend time with the Grandchildren. I even got to be Grammie to my new little granddaughter Victoria. I even got to baby sit for a hour while Christie picked up the boys from school. To be able to see my grandchildren is priviledge.

On Tuesday, it was bowling, then I went to an appointment with one of the many people I access for my depression. When I got there I must of mixed up the time. Well I had to walk home again. So that was two walked down town and back.

On Wednesday, it was my weekly trip up to the mall, about 10 minute walk, to meet my Parents for our weekly breakfast. I also did some groceries. They drive me home.
On Wednesday , I went down to the CMHC[community mental health clinic centre}, when the participants which I am one of them, had a wonderful Easter meal. Completed with ham, scalloped potatoes, carrots with parnsips, and dessert. There was even a Easter egg hunt. Remember these are adults letting the inner child out to have fun.   Sometimes you just have to be a kid again. It is a wonderful support group, when the clients[consumers] have ownership of the center, taking responsibilities with the workers offer support when needed as a guidance .
We had a speaking from the Royal Ottawa Hospital,  taking on fibromyslia. I have the outline, when I will either put in the Depression or women postings.

On Thursday , it was to the pool. Then out for coffee at the local Tim's Horton place. It is a time of adults getting together after a swim. The group is from Renfrew and Arnprior CMHC.
The group does a warm up exercise, then group usually swim with a noodle, but I usually go to another lane, and swim laps until it is time for cool down exercises.  I always say I have enough of bouyancy, that I dont need the noodle to hold me up.  But I swim.
I access the swim, gym, bowling etc. through this group, because I am a client, but because I have a severe limited income, due to disabilities, and I wouldnt otherwise be able to afford to access these. I feel I am blessed with this gift of God. I take advantage of them when ever I can.  Thursday Night I also went to a Pot Luck supper at the Mood Disorder Group,  another group I access for support. It was a wonderful true pot luck, where most of the meals were basically consisting of starches, but it was delicious anyways.

Friday, I went to Good Friday services at my church. Then at night I went to Sara's my daughters church, where see was taking part in there Easter performance called JESUS IS...Sara was in the choir plus had a speaking part in the Drama. There took people who was part of Jesus passion week. And they spoke "of what they either did, or saw". It was a very compelling drama. The music was also wonderful.  Isnt it amazing at the talent God puts in each church.
Sara did a wonderful job, many praises went her way.  Sara is has  cyclone energy, and she used that energy and her nerve into her acting. I got many praises to which made me even more proud of my daughter.

Saturday I walked downtown and back, it is about 15 minute walk one way.

Yesterday Sunday, there was a breakfast that the men of the church made at 8:30 in the morning, it was a wonderful pancake, scrambled eggs, sausages, ham, homefries, toast, fruit salad, juice and coffee. It is a wonder we stayed awake for Sunday School.
Pastor B. preached a good Sunday Service.
Then I went up to the folks for the Easter Supper. I was under tension the whole afternoon.
I will talk about this later, because I think I am at my limit.

There is week of Lenore
lenore
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2005, 06:12:27 pm »

Good Morning on this Sunny warming Saturday April 9th in beautiful town of Arnprior.

It has been a couple of weeks since I last reported to you what has been happening. So I will go backwards as usual. It has been a very busy week, that I slept for almost 24 hours yesterday just from exhaustion.
Thursday. I went to the hearing doctor, and the audiologist didnt show up, I sat there for two hours, then they rescheduled, the desk clerk was getting worried. SO I prayed nothing happened to that poor man. The hearing doctor was wondering why he didnt have any patients. I got half of a book read. I am learning to take a book when I go to doctor's appointments.
In the afternoon I started a 8 week course taught by Olive Poff called IT A TIME FOR ME,  a self help course.
Wednesday was the usual breakfast trip, then I sat outside with a neighbour. We sat on the drive way. It was sunny that you felt the heat of the sun through your pant legs.
Tuesday. I went with the CMHC group to the Sugar Bush in Pakenham. We had a wonderful pancake lunch, and walk the trails for about 30 minutes. There were about 4 friendly labs there.
There was a 7 year old girl, helping her mother clear the tables and saying good bye to bus tours. She must of made about 50$ in tips that day from all the people.
Also on Tuesday night I join an 8 week exercise course on yoga. Boy during the mediation , since I couldnt hear the instructor words, I used that time to pray. It was great.
On Monday. I went to the CMHC to help a worker do the shopping for the week. Since there is usually meals at group. Then I went to my doctor for a check up. I waited about 30 minutes which is fast.  When I went home I made chocolate chip cookies to take with me to church.
We have started our 6 week course of the PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE '40 DAYS OF PURPOSE'.
I also teach that course in my sunday school class.
On Sunday. Sunday School, church, then home for a sleep, then back at church.
Was my little pupil ever surprised the way I decorated my classroom for his 6 weeks of 40 days of purpose.
On Saturday, there was a kick off video on the 40 days of purpose, with a cheese cake dessert time. Our pastor's wife bakes them. They are so delicious.
On Friday April 1, APRIL FOOLS DAY.. I went out to pay the bills.

Well that the last week.
lenore
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2005, 10:11:43 pm »

Smiley April 15

It is a beautifully sunny day, in downtown Arnprior today. I should be out raking up my backyard, especially after a winter of being my dog MISSY private bathroom.

This is the day , I can catch up on some of my computer time.

I have been busy, there are degrees of busyness, but by Friday I am exhausted physically and mentally.

On Saturday last, I walked up to the A&P store at the Mall, taking Missy with me. I tied her to a bench that has been put out for smokers who cannot smoke in the Mall.
She cried as I went into the store.
I purchased a four in one Christian novel.
I sat down and read it for two days.

Sunday always a busy one, with going to put on the coffee. I swear that is going to be my job in heaven, is making coffee, I do so much of it here on earth.
I also organized my songs to do the signing . And then there was Sunday School. This week I took my only child into another child to play games with the older class.
Then it was the Sunday morning service, then I went out for lunch with some older women.
Sara was in the restaurant having lunch too, with her churchs pastor and his family.
One of Sara's boy"friends" is the pastor son. I kept tickling the back of her neck, because I was sitting just behind her. Boy was she getting annoyed. Then the women who I was sitting with came to realize it was Sara that I was bothering. Sara came over and hugged each of the women.

Sunday Evening back at church, then I went with a couple out to our local TIM"S for coffee.

Monday was a reading day. The animals love it when I spend a day or two at home with them.
I went back to the church for study session on the Purpose Driven Life.

On Tuesday it was bowling, which I walked down town to. God is helping me improve my score. When I started last September, I was lucky to get to 60, then it was 70, then the 80, then the 90.  The last month it has been over the 100.  The first frame I bowled this tuesday was 149.
For the first time I got two strikes in a row it only took 7 months.

Tuesday night I just walked across the street to a school to take a yoga exercise class.
I am surprising the teacher how well I can keep up. She is surprised at my flexibility.
There are some things that a woman of 280 lbs will never be able to do. My muscles are letting me know that they have been working out.

Wednesday, is back walking to Mall, to have breakfast with my parents.
Today was a nap type of day.

Thursday. Was collect the garbage to the corner, collect the recycle stuff too.
Then it was a 30 minute walk down to CMHC at the Galilee Grove area for a self esteem course I am taking for 8 weeks. Usually there is lunch available. I made some soup, and got the fixings for sandwiches, and there was also homemade macroni and cheese to warm up.
The session 2 was a really good discussion.

One of the exercises is which would you choose and why?
1. Are you a dancing shoe or a bedroom slipper
2. Are you a kite string or a clothes line
3. Are you a shopping bag or a briefcase

[[CAN YOU ANSWER ANY OF THESE AND WHY?}}

Walking home as I had some errands downtown area on my way.
I spend doing some of the homework that has been assigned for the Time for Me Class.
I also spend some time on the computer.
Since my Mood Disorder Group has disbanded, I watched CSI AND ER.

Today. SInce I arose this morning, I been spending time on the computer.

I better get up before my body is in a permanent sitting position and Missy has been begging me to go out for the last hour.
I havent eatten any thing to day yet and it is 1:30 pm EST.

Well that is the week in the life of Lenore .
How the weather where you are living.
Are you having leaves on your trees yet. Ours here is just starting to bud.

GIDDAY AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

vernecarty
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2005, 09:10:53 pm »

Is it possible that we are having too much fun on this BB?
I know some of you may not be aware of it, but apparently there are folk really agonizing about why guys like Tom Maddux, Brent Tr0ckman, Mark  Campbell, Dave Sable, Verne Carty et al (with the exception of Marcia no sisters were mentioned  Smiley) would spend so much time on a BB talking to one another. Apparently the thing we have in common is that we are all bitter and frustrated guys who were removed kicking and screaming from our places of religious authority and we simply cannot get over it. What a heartbreak!  Smiley
And here I was thinking that these guys simply liked one another.
Didn't that used to be called fellowship?
Oh, I almost forget, the other reasosn we are here is to teach other Christians how to be good haters of "God's people" right?
You can really discern that from all the things that are posted here, no?

Well I want to entreat you guys (AND GALS) to cease and desist from that  kind of conduct immediately!
No more hate-mongering d'ya hear?
From now on. I want to see no more arguments, no more rebukes, no more discussion about standing for righteousness and other condemnatory kinds of talking...

ONLY GROUP HUGS FROM HERE ON OUT, CAPISCE??!!

Then again, I must say I enjoy the company, faults and all... Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

anybody shorting this market, or not...Huh!!!   Grin

he! he!

Verne
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 12:17:22 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2005, 09:22:25 pm »

Love never Fails. 1 Cor 13.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2005, 10:16:21 pm »

Is it possible that we are having too much fun on this BB?
I know some of you may not be aware of it, but apparently there are folk really agonizing about why guys like Tom Maddux, Brent Tr0ckman, Mark  Campbell, Dave Sable, Verne Carty et al (with the exception of Marcia no sisters were mentioned  Smiley) would spend so mcuh time on a BB talking to one another. Apparently the thing we have in common is that we are all bitter and frustrated guys who were removed kicking and screaming fro our places of religious authority and we simply cannot get over it. What a heartbreak!  Smiley
And here I was thinking that these guys simply liked one another.
Didn't that used to be called fellowship?
Oh , I almost forget, the other reasosn we are here is to teach other Christians how to be good haters of "God's people" right?
You can really discern that from all the things that are posted here, no?

Well I want to entreat you guys (AND GALS) to cease and desist from that  kind of cocnduct immediately!
No more hate-mongering d'ya hear?
From now on. I want to see no more arguments, no more rebukes, no more discussion about standing for righteousness and other condemnatory kinds of talking...

ONLY GROUP HUGS FROM HERE ON OUT, CAPISCE??!!

Then again, I must say I enjoy the company, faults and all... Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

he! he!

Verne

I think you would understand this better if you have been "not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together" and attending the chapter summary in Nehemiah.    You see, brother, Nehemiah is a picture, or type, of the faithful remnant.  This faithful remnant, gathering in simplicity as unto the Lord, is rebuilding the walls of God's testimony which has been in shambles due to the denominationalism and divisions of our day.  They are standing for the truth of God in these evil times.  Sanballat, on the other hand, is a picture of other groups that are trying to oppose the work and discourage God's people.  (That would be us.)  They discourage God's people through gossip, frontal attacks, and division.

This is why, in the face of false accusation, God's people is continuing to meet in simple gatherings with the battle cry, "I am doing a great work, I can't come down" (see Nehemiah 6).

On the other hand, maybe we go on this board because we like chatting with old friends with whom we have something in common.
vernecarty
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2005, 12:11:57 am »

On the other hand, maybe we go on this board because we like chatting with old friends with whom we have something in common.

Well Dave, there is the presumption that everyone understands and/or appreciates the meaning of the word friendship.
There is also the question of having things in common.
Some people certainly have a strange way of dealing with their own obvious lonliness...kinda sad...
Verne
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 12:14:55 am by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2005, 12:23:15 am »

he! he!

Verne

Well...the institutional heavy hitters and various and sundry other manupilators must have decided that not enough suckers were jumping in... Grin  Grin  Grin

Dow is down 53  at 2:20 p.m CST Wheeeee...!!!         9200 here we come!!!   Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 01:31:06 am by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2005, 01:35:07 am »

Hey Brent, I see they think that you miss them so much over at "Eagles" that you have to sneak back in to get your two cents worth in under a pseudonym??!!!
Well I had not looked there for a bit and while I no longer ate the central topic of discussion (thank yew, thank yew very mush!), I see I still rate an occasional mention. Group hug everybody  Smiley
Verne
editor
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2005, 01:41:37 am »

Hey Brent, I see they think that you miss them so much over at "Eagles" that you have to sneak back in to get your two cents worth in under a pseudonym??!!!
Well I had not looked there for a bit and while I no longer ate the central topic of discussion (thank yew, thank yew very mush!), I see I still rate an occasional mention. Group hug everybody  Smiley
Verne

I noticed that I am bystander.

Well, I'm not....but that doesn't matter too much.  I don't suppose bystander will become a regular poster over there,  he and Matt seem to have a "beef." 

I have mostly tried to fly under the radar when I post, and rarely use my name.  I usually post under the alias,  Brent Tr0ckman, but I guess everyone knows now that my real name is bystander.

Oh well, I wish them well.  I feel no compulsion to get embroiled in anything right now.

It's just a simple case of mistaken identity.

I did learn something, however.  If someone has a critical word for me,  I am just going to tell them that they are not who they are, and that they are Matt.  That way, I don't have to listen to what they say, and can sidestep the issue.  Honestly, this had never occured to me, but I am only beginning to see how useful this is for personal growth.

Brent  aka Brent

Brent
night owl

Email
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2005, 06:39:30 am »

Why are so many people "llamas" ("I'm a llama!") in their personal ID's? Or am I just seeing the same person, over and over, and thinking there's a conspiracy, when there's really only one? I know there are llama ranches in central CA, so has this board been discovered by the general llama population? Or is this a subliminal hint towards wearing alpaca sweaters? Or are these people just "spitting" mad about things? I think I may have reached my question quota for a single post.
editor
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2005, 07:12:07 am »

Why are so many people "llamas" ("I'm a llama!") in their personal ID's? Or am I just seeing the same person, over and over, and thinking there's a conspiracy, when there's really only one? I know there are llama ranches in central CA, so has this board been discovered by the general llama population? Or is this a subliminal hint towards wearing alpaca sweaters? Or are these people just "spitting" mad about things? I think I may have reached my question quota for a single post.

way too many questions. 

The answer is that most of the people here are llamas.  Why is this so hard for some people to understand?  The llamas must post using a pseudonym, because everyone knows that llamas were not part of the Assembly.

Brent
lenore
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2005, 12:20:16 am »

April 25th:

Wow was this past week ever busy for me: I was physically exhausted from the road runner experience.

Sunday was church sunday school, morning service and evening services.

Monday back to the church for the 40 days of purpose
Tuesday was bowling, then down to the CMHC center for lunch and I did the monthly newsletter.  Then back to the church for our monthly ladies meeting. Where our guest speaker is a breast cancer survivor. It was a excellent testimony of faith and reliance on God. She is also the founding member of the Breast Cancer Support Group here in town.
Wednesday up to the mall for breakfast, then walk 30 min. walk back down to the CMHC center for  lunch. I came home early because I end up with a slight fainting spell.
I slept most of the day at home.
Thursday it was another walk back down to the CMHC center for my self esteem group called IT A TIME FOR ME. including lunch. Then I had a doctor's appointment.
I went into the local library.  They were giving away books. God knew I wanted some computer books like POWER POINT to learn how to do THE POWER POINT. There were about 6-7 computer books. I end up taking 2 whole bag of books home.
Then it was the Mood Disorder Group. The co leader pleaded with me at lunch hour that she need support, to find out the direction that the group was going.
I think it is on its final curtain call. But a few of us will met for coffee at the local Tim's .
Friday it was back down to the CMHC center to do a Gourmet Cooking Class.
We made New England Clam Chowder... I never had clam chowder before it was quite tasty.

We also made a Brie Cheese in a Pastry . It was delicious.
The cooking club about 4 of us including the worker.
We all devoured the thing.
We were like vulture over this with our toast baguette crackers.

Saturday was a sleep day for me. It started to rain in these parts. And the different air pressure gave me a head ache around me sinus area.

Then back to Sunday. Yesterday. It was Sunday School , morning services, out to lunch with some ladies, home and did some computer work, and back to the evening services which was a music night, with a refreshments later.

So there you have it ...

So I am off and running for the week to come.

SO like the road runner .  beep ,....beep....beep....beeeep..!!!!!!!!!!!!
lenore
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2005, 11:29:04 pm »

APRIL 30:

It is only 5 days since I last contributed to this post:

My week was another busy one as per usual:

It a wonder Missy the dog and Percy the Cat doesnt pin me down to stay at home and give them the much needed attention they deserve.

Monday to the church for the 40 days of purpose. We are on week 4. with our daily devotions which is Purpose 4: You were created to become like Christ.

Tuesday: To the bowling alley , which is sponsored by the CMHC. I only have to pay $1 per week.
I was very encouraged by God. My second set was not going very well. By the second last frame I only had a 63. Then I got a spare, and the final frame I end up with 3 strikes in a row.
My first three strikes in a row.
It was great to get that turkey.

Tuesday Afternoon I worked on the computer to complete my lesson for SUnday School.

Tuesday Evening: I went to Yoga which is also sponsored by CMHC . I pay $2 for each of the 8 weeks I am taking it.
I was able to so stretching exercise. I am surprised at what I can do . The teacher still says how flexible I am. 

Wednesday Morning: is the usual going up to the mall, to have breakfast with my parents, who come in from Braeside to do their washing and shopping for the week.
My father is 74 and my mother will be 73 this July.
My father has been retired from Ontario Hydro for the last 20 years due to severe OSTEOARTHRITIS ALL THROUGH IS BODY. Of course as I told you before my Father has been dry from his alcoholism for the last 11 years.  A month after my father quit drinking he discovered he saved $500 a week. My mother retired from working as a church secretary 8 years ago.

Thursday I was up and walked the 30 minutes to the Medical Center, I had to have a hearing tested and to see the ear doctor. My hearing in both ears are bad. There is no hope in the left ear, and the right ear is diminishing.  I am waiting on a MRI testing . which I have to go into the city to do.  Eventually I probably will have to have  a hearing aid for my right[good ]ear.
But to come up with $500 plus will be a financial concern, when the time comes.

I spent an hour in the hospital cafeteria doing my homework for my workshop in the afternoon.
I talk with a couple of ladies.

A noon hour, I walked over the CMHC for my afternoon self esteem workshop called a TIME FOR ME. I made lunch for the group that was there, plus cleaned up afterwards.

The two and half hour workshop is on feelings.
There is about 10 different areas of homework that needs to be done.
Including "how many time do I 'should' on myself, and others'.
How do I respond to my feelings, when I am in a situation?
How to I personalize my communication, when expressing my feelings?

Evening I went to my Mood Disorder Peer Support Group. After a quick trip to the local Tim's
we went to see the new apartment of on of the members , who lost her mother a couple of weeks ago.

Friday was a day of spending time on the computer personalizing what I learned from my daily devotionals from the Purpose Driven Life.

Today, I have spend a couple of hours on the computer and internet already.
Tonight I will go to the Pastor house to baby sit the kids while Pastor and his wife, goes out to a Deacon & WIfes get together.

Then tomorrow is SUnday.  It is the first sunday of the month, which is communion week. So to prepare for that is also .

Well I havent had lunch yet and it is 2:51 pm.

Talk to you later.

Lenore
LENORE
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2005, 04:41:05 pm »

MAY 2:

SUNDAY WAS A WONDERFUL DAY.

My Sunday School class: My little boy is learning the 5 purposes of the Christian Walk.
The lesson is related to bugs.

The lesson of the day was on SERVICE, and how got has uniquely created each of us for the particular service he has planned for our lives.

The Bug of the day was an ant. How he is able to lift 20X his own weight. I had a big toy ant, We look at the outside, and we read on the wiring of what goes on inside. How it protects the colony with its very life.

The Bible story related to that was on a little girl who protected her Baby Brother.
Even a child can do a simple job, and it has great value to God in heaven.
I sure you know the story of Miriam and Baby Moses, how he was found by a Egyptian Princess.
And the importance of Miriam Job, resulted in a leader of the Israel.

I went out to lunch with a couple of older ladies of the church. Since there is very few single people my age, I decided to adopt a few more Mom's .
The ladies were both in their 70's. Pray for one of them . She is having severe health problems.
The other one has energy to boot. SHe the one who drives.
I appreciate these ladies kindness and friendships.

Sunday Evening was an extra special treat.
I went to the Braeside United Church for a special music night.
It was two hours of singing, just singing.
There were hymn and other gospel songs. But there was an Scottish Tenor there as a special singer. The old Scottish songs was a wonder to the soul.
Even though there were some fun songs as well. Like SITTING UNDER THE APPLE TREE, YOU CAN CALL ME SWEETHEART.
The last performance , was a funny one the choir put on.
They all dressup like nuns, and performed the SISTER ACT songs.
The choir master was a man. directing the choir. They acted goofy.

I saw my Mother and my Aunt there. There were at least 4 relatives in the choir. Including one who sang at my wedding 26 years ago.
Who knows how many relatives were in the pews and how many acquaintances.

The woman I went with was again one of the elderly woman who didnt want to drive alone , so I went with her.
The only complaint I have is 2 hours on wooden pews, is hard on the butt.
It was a wonderful end of a Lord's Day.

Memories to cherish, and keep, and then repeat and repeat to your children.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: