AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 12:15:28 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY CHATTING ABOUT THINGS  (Read 107276 times)
summer007

Email
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2004, 12:44:42 pm »

Verne, May the Lord in his Goodness give you the desires of your heart this Christmas. God Bless Summer.
vernecarty
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2004, 05:58:23 am »

Verne, May the Lord in his Goodness give you the desires of your heart this Christmas. God Bless Summer.

Thank you so much Summer. I have the go-ahead from my dear wife (provided I get rid of the Subaru RX-3 door full-time four wheel drive, ten gear (high and lo range) turbo-charged  coupe that has been sitting in my garage for the last year... Cry )
I think I am going for the Alembic Orion.
It's going to cost too much to restore the old RX. Its sure going to be painful to give it away for that is a rare production model.
We set the tree up today. Christina definitely has blues in her blood.
I put on a Mahalia Jackson Christmas album and she started swingin'... Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 06:02:35 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2004, 10:16:59 am »

Verne, Glad your getting your wish. Your RX sounds like my Jeep 4WD I just parked it in the garage last year when I got my convertable, now it must go. I almost set up the Tree today, but decided to wait until Dec. Although it would look stunningly beautiful right about now. My gorgeous holly-berry/cranberry wreath did make it to the front door, looks great.   Summer.  I too have a Christina who can belt out the blues and much more....God is Good!
vernecarty
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2004, 07:33:38 pm »

Well welll well! Any doubt about whether my youngest daughter Christina has soul has now been entirely removed.
I picked tjhem up from school yesterday and we went through about ten CDs trying to find the one about:
"...I kissed your lips a thousand times..."

She even tried humming it for me but I had no idea...

Then as I walked to the car this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks....LINONEL RITCHIE!!!

My mind must have worked on it all night long... Smiley
I guess her mom had been playing it in the other car....

I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips, a thousand times...

Anybody remember that one??!!!   Smiley
Verne

« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 07:34:44 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2004, 11:47:26 pm »

O.K I've definitely got Lionel Ritchie on the brain today- been listening to his greatest hits. Man! can that guy croon!  Cool
Montse is going to think I've been eating oysters  Grin

I would give my eye tooth to have sat in on the side that recorded "hello"
I can just hear that fretless groove!!  Cool  Cool  Cool
Verne
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 11:48:30 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2004, 05:02:54 am »

Happy Hannukah
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2004, 07:16:47 am »

O.K I've definitely got Lionel Ritchie on the brain today- been listening to his greatest hits. Man! can that guy croon!  Cool
Montse is going to think I've been eating oysters  Grin

I can just hear that fretless groove!!  Cool  Cool  Cool
Verne

Verne,

I have the same CD, and I absolutely love it!  I listen to it when I'm in a "soul" mood.  I have a lot of CD's of Motown hits of the 60's and the 70's.  Although a lot of the music is from my parent's era, I find the music to be much better than the music of today.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2004, 08:48:41 am »

I can just hear that fretless groove!! Cool  Cool  Cool
Verne

Fret not thyself because thou hast missed the jam!... Wink

lenore
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2005, 12:54:37 am »

:DLORD'S DAY JANUARY 2ND 2005

Huh JUST NEED TO TALK Huh

I will have to go back words in what has been happening with me.

This past week has been a very lonely, frustrating, confusing time.

Christmas was especially lonely.

My daughter Sara and I , since she left home last February, decided not to honour our usual Christmas routine.
It has been Sara and I for the last 10 years, since Christie decided to live with her father, especially since Christie boys , I have not spent Christmas with Christie or the boys. So in other words Christie has not been home for Christmas in 7 years. I have gotten quite use to that, since I understand the reason why Christie, prefers to spend Christmas with just her nucleus family.

This is the first Christmas with Sara living at home.
In the past on Christmas Eve, we would pour gingerale into wine glasses and put a candle in a sweet and wish Baby Jesus happy birthday.
Sara decided not to come home Christmas Eve.
Although I went to a Christmas Eve service in one of the church that had a CHristmas Eve service, at the Penetocostal Church, since our church doesnt have one.
It was enjoyable, and cute and meaningful.

At home, you can imagine I didnt not sleep very well.
Sara said she was going to come Christmas Morning, so I was up early enough, made sure everything was looking normal. Presents, the gingerale in the wine glasses , the c andle on a rice krispie square.
By 10 oclock, she still wasnt here. I called her were she was staying. She yelled at me.
When she did come, she belittled me, and told me that I would have to get use to being alone on Christmas.
She opened her presents, then half hour later we went up to my parents place, which presents were again there. She informed my mother just after the presents were opened that she was expecting a ride to go to her friends family near Calabogie for another Christmas Dinner. She knew my mother always has a meal at the noon hour. So we rushed around getting the meal on the table. SHe kept saying she didnt have time to eat.
Finally I got a plate, put some mashed potatoes, carrots, turkey and gravy  gave it to her, and each time there was another bowl that was going on the table anyways, it was put in front of her. SHe was shovelling it down. When the rest of us 8 others, were ready to sit down.  She was gone.  Out of 6 grandchildren, only my brother's daughter was there.  My sister and her husband. My brother and his wife, and my self, my neice, and my parents were around the table.  Actually it was kind of pleasant.
So my Christmas was so-s0. My birthday made up for it.
Christmas depression has hit me , and I am working it through.  THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY UNBURDENING.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2005, 08:02:45 am »

:DLORD'S DAY JANUARY 2ND 2005

Huh JUST NEED TO TALK Huh

I will have to go back words in what has been happening with me.

This past week has been a very lonely, frustrating, confusing time.

Christmas was especially lonely.

My daughter Sara and I , since she left home last February, decided not to honour our usual Christmas routine.
It has been Sara and I for the last 10 years, since Christie decided to live with her father, especially since Christie boys , I have not spent Christmas with Christie or the boys. So in other words Christie has not been home for Christmas in 7 years. I have gotten quite use to that, since I understand the reason why Christie, prefers to spend Christmas with just her nucleus family.

This is the first Christmas with Sara living at home.
In the past on Christmas Eve, we would pour gingerale into wine glasses and put a candle in a sweet and wish Baby Jesus happy birthday.
Sara decided not to come home Christmas Eve.
Although I went to a Christmas Eve service in one of the church that had a CHristmas Eve service, at the Penetocostal Church, since our church doesnt have one.
It was enjoyable, and cute and meaningful.

At home, you can imagine I didnt not sleep very well.
Sara said she was going to come Christmas Morning, so I was up early enough, made sure everything was looking normal. Presents, the gingerale in the wine glasses , the c andle on a rice krispie square.
By 10 oclock, she still wasnt here. I called her were she was staying. She yelled at me.
When she did come, she belittled me, and told me that I would have to get use to being alone on Christmas.
She opened her presents, then half hour later we went up to my parents place, which presents were again there. She informed my mother just after the presents were opened that she was expecting a ride to go to her friends family near Calabogie for another Christmas Dinner. She knew my mother always has a meal at the noon hour. So we rushed around getting the meal on the table. SHe kept saying she didnt have time to eat.
Finally I got a plate, put some mashed potatoes, carrots, turkey and gravy  gave it to her, and each time there was another bowl that was going on the table anyways, it was put in front of her. SHe was shovelling it down. When the rest of us 8 others, were ready to sit down.  She was gone.  Out of 6 grandchildren, only my brother's daughter was there.  My sister and her husband. My brother and his wife, and my self, my neice, and my parents were around the table.  Actually it was kind of pleasant.
So my Christmas was so-s0. My birthday made up for it.
Christmas depression has hit me , and I am working it through.  THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY UNBURDENING.

It can be painful watching children as they move towards independence.  For us, Christmas was fine, but my seventeen-year-old sometimes makes choices and expresses himself in ways that is rude, selfish, disrespectful and narcissistic.  I guess, being a man, it is a little easier for me to process the fact that my son is becoming independent and that things are not the same as they were when he was a cute little kid.  In fact, I want him to be independent - I really don't want him hanging around here for the rest of his life.  Its a little more difficult for Loretta to process - expecially when we see our son make choices that are clearly risky, selfish, and wrong (didn't you learn ANYTHING from church or our example Angry  Cry)Huh??)

Everyone I have spoken to in a similar situation has told me that this is sometimes part of the package and that over time, their brain kicks in and they return to the things that you tried to teach them.  

I don't know enough of your situation to decide whether your expectations of Sarah were reasonable or realistic but I am glad you were able to begin establishing new traditions for this new season of your life.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 08:05:02 am by Dave Sable » Logged
lenore
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2005, 01:54:55 am »

Cheesy January 11th

Last night was terrible.  I couldnt sleep, I guess I was too excite after seeing my new little granddaughter.
The dog was restless for some odd reason.
Yesterday, I been to Ottawa and back.
Then it was an Alpha Meeting Night, first night back since the Christmas Holidays.
I was just getting drift off, when my smoke detector decided to sing, for no apparent reason. It is electric , so I had to go down into the basement, to shut it off, which also meant I had no power to the bedrooms upstairs.
I had a 9 am appointment today, went bowling and then to the center.
Well, I had some pictures transfer to CD-Rom. I am enclosing a picture of the street that I live on in Arnprior.
Talk to you again.
lenore
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2005, 09:22:25 am »

:)January 29th

Well lets see what has been happening.
For the last 11 days I have been laid low with an intestinal flu type of illnesses, where I was tempted to make my bed in the bathtub.

I missed Alpha, bowling, Mood Disorder Group, churchs annual business meeting, sunday school planning meeting, and sunday school last week, and adult night out. Even though I missed out on life the last couple of weeks, I was able to  do the Alpha homework.

I got alot of television watching in, slept, and lived on soup, toast, and poached eggs.
The only time I was outside was to put my garbage down to the corner of the driveway, and to go to the doctors on Friday evening.

My animal family kept me company. These creatures I totally believe God's representatives on earth in fur coats.  They were a good comfort, keeping me feet warm, and hardly leaving my side, Well maybe they were just glad I was home and were missing my company, and were lapping it up when they had the chance.

I spent more time on the computer during this time. Doing fill in puzzles, and crocheting.
Today I spent time doing my Sunday School preparation  for the class tomorrow.  Jesus healing Peter's mother in law story.
So have a GOOD LORD'S DAY may you be blessed with the knowledge he will give to you.

Lenore
lenore
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2005, 11:51:56 pm »

:DFebruary 23  coming from Arnprior, a strange dream.   Roll Eyes I know it is not a real hot topic, but i hope you will have fun in guessing what you think it means.   Cool Huh :-\HAVE FUN Grin

My Strange Dream of February 22

I was having a strange dream.
It was sort of a mixture of episodes of Star Trek I have seen, as I analyze the scenes.

In beginning , people were going around their business, it seem to be one area, in a house and the grounds around the house.

There were strange people, were actually creatures in disguise, and started hunting the people of the land, changing them into the creatures. Once the creatures touch somebody, that person outer body died, but the darkness of the creature transformed the inside of the person, and what was inside became the outside.

Even though people were running and hiding, these creatures were persistence to get every one, to look like them, including the ones who were transformed. The mission was to get every one to look, act, and think like them.

Then the dream turn to one or more of the people who were not caught, singing.
They were singing Oh How I love Jesus.  They sang that song continually,
When a person who were not completedly transformed by the creature, started singing that song.  After the fifth time through, the creature in side was exposed and expelled.

Then in the sky, there was a strong light in the sky, and it got closer. 
People were able to shed there dark inside , were rising to the light.  Even the ones who seemed to be totally absorbed by these creatures, started singing, Oh how I love Jesus, was able to turn from the damage of the creature, become something different.
Some newly reversed people left the earth to the sky, some stayed behind to rescue ones who were still be hunted down by these creatures.

This dream has stayed with me most of the day.  I was even singing the song in my heart my self all the way to the mall.  I have remembered the dream.
That is why I am writing and sharing.

I don't watch horror movies, and I don't even like looking at the commercials for horror movies on the television.

I havent watch any Star Trek episodes for at least a year.

I am wondering what you think of the dream and if you have any feedback on it.
It is not bothering me.
Just curious.

Lenore

lenore
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2005, 08:13:19 am »

:)February 27:

Well lets see what has been going on in the life of Lenore, up here in Eastern Ontario, Canada.

Sunday is always a busy day, spending it in the Lord's House of a Baptist Church.
Going about 9 am. To get my songs copied, then set up my little stand with my glasses .
Then going down to basement to set up the after Sunday School coffee.
Then go to my Sunday School room, to set up the crayons and glue.
I am very priviledge to be teaching one little 5 year old boy.
We have one more lesson to go in this session, learning of Jesus healing and caring for the people.
Sunday School has a 15 minute open session, then is to individual classes, from 2 years of age to adults.
Then it is time for coffee for 15 minutes, then worship time.
I sign the worship songs.
At about 12:30 I came home and took a nap after having a beef sandwich for lunch, which Missy was very generous in helping me eat it.
Then it was back to the church at 5:45 pm, to set up the coffee for the evening fellowship.
Then upstair to practice my 6 hymns for the month end music night.
Having skipped my supper to save for the after service fellowship, I had very delicious sandwiches made out of wrapped flat breads, and crunchy vegetables, one cooky and coffee.
I was home by 8:30 pm.
Then I did my Alpha preparation and emailed the questions for chapter to my co leader.

Yesterday was a fun day. The Sunday School went bowling from 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
Then it was back to the church for a spagetti supper.  After supper was a croquino tournament.
There was 5 teams of four people, The winners of each got to move around, while the winners stayed put. For 6 out of 7 games I stayed put.

Thursday Nights if my Mood Disorder Group. It was Birthday week celebrating a members birthday of the month. Very good chocolate cake. The icing was rich and plentiful. It was almost I enjoy my cake with my icing.
I also went to the doctor's on Thursday, I have tenditis in my right shoulder, making my upper arm very painful especially when I move it, and it aches. I am right handed;
I also went to library for about an hour and half on Thursday afternoon.

Wednesday, went up to the mall, for my weekly breakfast with my parents.

Tuesday was bowling

Monday last was ALpha, If anyone gets a chance to attend an ALpha meetings, it is time well spent. It gets back to the basics. I have learned through the healing process whatever trauma we are going through, sometimes getting back to the basics, reaffirms our foundations.

I spend alot of time alone. But my animals keep me amused and keeps me company.
Today, as I first got up, the cat was following the dog down the stairs, As Missy, is getting old, going down the stairs is slowing process. Percy was being courtsey, in staying behind her, although he like to swiftly race down. All the way down those stairs, Missy tail, which is like a rope, was hitting Percy head each step. It was funny to see.

Oh yes I have been spending a lot time on the BB, getting in my writing skills and practicing my typing skills.  Maybe that is why I have tenditis pain in my shoulder. I have been writing letters to the editor of my local papers and to my local government official on various of subjects like the same sex marriage bill in front of our Canadian government, and now a private members bill, decriminalizing prostitution.  I posted some of the letters on Canada Great White North Topic.

I hope my sharing doesnt sound too much like boasting.

This week coming is already filling up. Including a trip to the city, for a doctor's appointment. I will be able to spent time with my grandchildren and with Christie.

I PRAY YOU WILL ALL HAVE A BLESSED WEEK TO COME

LENORE
lenore
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2005, 10:05:19 pm »

:DGood Morning on this Sunny Warming Spring Promised Day on March 18th.

Well lets see what has been going on in the life of Lenore Whelan since I last wrote on this Thread.

I have had a severe case of the flu. Two weeks ago I end up at the Emergency with a temperature between 104-105 degree F.
I was house bound for at least two weeks, I did manage to go and teach Sunday School though.  I had to go pay my rent though, so I ended up taking a taxi, to go to the bank, go to housing to pay my rent and go to the mall to get a bit of groceries I needed and go home.
That trip cost me 19$. But when you drive, and it was a snow day, and no one wanted to take me in this type of weather. It was necessary, and taxi's in Arnprior is the only public transportation available. IT usually  not bad. You can drive any where in Arnprior for $6.

Since I have been on the recovery mode, still coughing at times.
I went to Church on Sunday.
I arrive at church about 9 am. I go and get my songs copied and set up my little stand.
Then I go down stairs and put on the coffee for the break between SUnday School and Church.
Then go to my sunday school room and put out the crayons and glue sticks and other preparation. Then it is preprayer time at 9:30 to pray for the services and in preparation for the 40 Days of Purposes Series coming up that the whole church is doing starting on April 3rd.
Your prayers would be appreciated on this topic.
I HAD A COFFEE AND A COOKIE
Then it was up to the sancutary, going up to the first pew, and I do the Sign Language for the Worship Songs.  Church is over between 12 and 12:30 noon.
Monday it was the End of the Series Pot Luck SUpper for Alpha. The series was on the Sermon on the Mount.
Tuesday it was bowling, then down to the CMHC for lunch, then back to the church for a ladies Group, we had a quilting demonstration. Then I had an acquaintance come to the house and we played UPWORD.
Wednesday it was up to the mall, for my weekly breakfast with my folks, then it was back down to the CMHC for Irish Stew lunch celebrating St. Patrick Day. There was also a clients meeting with the staff.  Then I went to Gym. and then to the library to pick up some books on BUGS.
Thursday it was Swimming and then my Mood Disorder Group.
From Tuesday to Friday afternoon, after receiving the CD Disc on 40 DAYS OF PURPOSE , I got my Sunday School lessons for the 6 weeks the whole church will be participating in.
ALso we have a lesson outline, because I am a visual person, to design each week lesson for my little guy who is my pupil. I designed 6 weeks of lesson, including posters to colour, bug pictures for collagues, making bugs to see if my 5-6 year old can do it with ordinary glue.
Friday I went over to the church office and photocopied it one for my pupil, one for a visitor, and one to keep on file. Last Night I separated all the lessons plan to 3 piles.
Then I started to colour some of the posters of sayings like
SERVING BRINGS JOY TO GOD.   Even though the series doesnt start until April 3rd with a kick off April 2, I want to get the Sunday School stuff completed, so when I am participating in a Small Group for my self, I can concentrated on my own homework and lessons.
Preparing this Sunday School Classes had me waking up in the middle of night with ideas.
I must of worked on this for between 8-12 hours already. It has me energize and excited.
I always go over board when I do this, I rather have too much than not enough.
After all my pupil is 5 1/2 years so you have to be quick in turning over in the lessons, My pupil is stubborn and if he is not interested he will refused to do it. So you have to be able to have something else for him to do.  Sometimes I have send home the entire Sunday Lesson for him to do at home, because he doesnt want to do anything. So I write a note on his envelope and tell his parents which is the Pastor and his wife, that their son has homework to do.
Well I better close because I think I am too long.  I wish there was a warning to tell you that you are too long like a small stop sign warning how many lines you have left.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A REALLY GOOD WEEK, and can smell the promises of SPRING.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: