AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 01:42:41 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY CHATTING ABOUT THINGS  (Read 106922 times)
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2005, 10:26:48 pm »

Please keep in mind that I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  I am working through some things now, and as a result, I shouldn't be held responsible for what I say and do.  I'm having some struggles right now.

When I am confronted about this, it makes me go into a severe OCD episode, and I'll just post and post and post and post.  I may become an irritant, I may be a nuissance, but I'm working through some things now, and I could use some support.

I have a strong faith in Christ, and I think it's best to for you to remember that this is the aspect of my life you need to support.  My tendency to bluntly say things, over and over and over and over is a secondary thing.

I want to thank all those who support me.  You couldn't possibly understand what it's like to have OCD.

I feel like you've just attacked me.  I want to be able to say anything I want to, and not be criticized.  I can't handle the criticism, because I have OCD, and if I get compulsive about the people who criticize me, I get physically ill.  If I don't get the support I need, I'm just going to have to go elsewhere.

I'll close with a quote from an email I received yesterday, regarding GG, 

"He was kind and gentle.
He didnt know what to say, he just listened.

He has never done, rejected, etc...of what you have done today."

You're worse than George, Mark Campbell.  (I may not be totally sincere here....think about it)

BAT

OKAY, everyone. Heads up!

I just deleted some posts of mine that Brents could have interpreted as a personal attack on his OCD condition.

Please go back and review ALL your posts and pm's sent to Brents. Please delete immediately any posts that he could construe as a mockery of his condition. Apologize for the pm's that criticize his responses.

We all played a part in inducing this most recent episode of his. Please delete your abrasive postings before he finds out that we know anything about his condition.  

He will be happiest if we just let him be! This BB will then be the haven of rest that it was meant to be!  

Don't correct an OCD'er. We've seen the results, haven't we?

The Beatles were right: LET IT BE!

Oops, I didn't mean "IT" personally.

LET HIM BE!
editor
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2005, 10:32:27 pm »

OKAY, everyone. Heads up!

I just deleted some posts of mine that Brents could have interpreted as a personal attack on his OCD condition.

Please go back and review ALL your posts and pm's sent to Brents. Please delete immediately any posts that he could construe as a mockery of his condition. Apologize for the pm's that criticize his responses.

We all played a part in inducing this most recent episode of his. Please delete your abrasive postings before he finds out that we know anything about his condition.  

He will be happiest if we just let him be! This BB will then be the haven of rest that it was meant to be!  

Don't correct an OCD'er. We've seen the results, haven't we?

The Beatles were right: LET IT BE!

Oops, I didn't mean "IT" personally.

LET HIM BE!

Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding.

I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked.

This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly.  This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly.

I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help.  I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help.

I'm so glad that I finally found out why I'm like this. Now I know it's normal, and that I AM NOT THE PROBLEM.  IGNORANT PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM, PEOPLE WHO DON"T KNOW ABOUT OCD.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »

This is too much...LOL..."A Merry Heart is Good Medicine" Prov17:22. Easy now Brent with those Compulsions. LOL wipe tears from my eyes. Summer....p.s. I think Matt really loves you and regards you as a sort of Father Figure, not a Shepherd, but he's really nothing with-out you!
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2005, 10:46:50 pm »

Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding. Thanks for your support and understanding.

I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked. I feel like I was attacked.

This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly.  This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly. This is exactly how I was treated in the Assembly.

I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help.  I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help. I'm working through some things right now.  I'm making progress.  It takes a long time, and there and being attacked doesn't help.

I'm so glad that I finally found out why I'm like this. Now I know it's normal, and that I AM NOT THE PROBLEM.  IGNORANT PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM, PEOPLE WHO DON"T KNOW ABOUT OCD.

Brent

Oh my!

Forget the apologies.  Don't say anything at all! Just let him post and be happy, please! It takes too long to read his posts. It takes to long to read his posts. It takes too long to read his posts.s.s.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....OCD.......OCD........OCD.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhave to read up on it sometime...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BAT

Email
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2005, 11:00:54 pm »

This is too much...LOL..."A Merry Heart is Good Medicine" Prov17:22. Easy now Brent with those Compulsions. LOL wipe tears from my eyes. Summer....p.s. I think Matt really loves you and regards you as a sort of Father Figure, not a Shepherd, but he's really nothing with-out you!

Because I'm making myself a target, I don't fault someone for getting mad at me.  The point I'm trying to make is that being needy doesn't give us special rights.  We can excuse certain things, at certain times, but to habitually grant someone special rights and privilges, due solely to the fact they are needy, is flat out wrong.

It teaches them that their need is an advantage, or a virtue.  At the same time, it insulates them from ever having to face facts and deal with their problems.  Anyone can play the game, including me.

I continue to receive attacking emails from a person like this.  The only way to fight it was to take the moral high ground and get a mental illness.  I wasn't even aware of my condition until people pointed it out to me.  What a relief!  I am no longer totally responsible for what I say, and need not listen to anyone.  In this way, I can be confident that I don't need correction, rebuke, or admonishment.  I need support.  Anyone who doesn't support me is just like George.

Of course, pretty soon people will start to avoid me, and think less of me, but they'll never say that to my face, because of their compassion and the power I have over them due to my needy condition.  So, we can play games where I say a bunch of stuff, and people cringe, but never actually try to help, because it's impossible to help, because I need support, not help.

Yes, this is going to totally irritate some people.  I am fully aware of that.  However, I think it's wrong to grant certain people greater rights based on their needs.  Why not give people, like my nephews, who have Down's syndrome drivers licenses?  (I know there is an obvious reason...think about it.)

Anyways, it's OK for me to insult anyone I choose, because I have a problem.

Brent
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:02:54 pm by BAT » Logged
BAT

Email
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2005, 11:02:18 pm »

Oh my!

Forget the apologies.  Don't say anything at all! Just let him post and be happy, please! It takes too long to read his posts. It takes to long to read his posts. It takes too long to read his posts.s.s.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....OCD.......OCD........OCD.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhave to read up on it sometime...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think you have narcolepsy!  That explains alot!!  Congratulations! 
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2005, 11:19:52 pm »

I think you have narcolepsy!  That explains alot!!  Congratulations! 

Someone finally understands. BAT, you are too kind. Maybe you could tell Brents to go easy on me..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz..........I know he can't help it...........but........neither can I ...............
everyone at work pokes fun of me...zzzzzzzzz.......they tell me to stay awake......zzzzzzzzz.......they don't know..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............that I just can't..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............I'm gonna see if I can get a free.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........place to live,er........sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

p.zzzzz.ssszzzzz:

editor
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2005, 11:20:56 pm »

Someone finally understands. BAT, you are too kind. Maybe you could tell Brents to go easy on me..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz..........I know he can't help it...........but........neither can I ...............
everyone at work pokes fun of me...zzzzzzzzz.......they tell me to stay awake......zzzzzzzzz.......they don't know..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............that I just can't..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............I'm gonna see if I can get a free.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........place to live,er........sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

p.zzzzz.ssszzzzz:

You need to access resources.
summer007

Email
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2005, 11:23:29 pm »

See everyday someone steps forward with a new dis-order either they went into the Assm with a pre-disposition to the disease or the crushing wheels of the rigourous assm schedule caused them to crack under the pressure... So it's not just one person Suffering many here are fragile, the board is a psychiatrists dream. I hope everyone gets the treatment they need I did'nt realize how sick everyone was. Please Get Well Soon! and remember "A Cheerful Heart is Good Medicine"  Summer.
BAT

Email
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2005, 11:24:31 pm »

See everyday someone steps forward with a new dis-order either they went into the Assm with a pre-disposition to the disease or the crushing wheels of the rigourous assm schedule caused them to crack under the pressure... So it's not just one person Suffering many here are fragile, the board is a psychiatrists dream. I hope everyone gets the treatment they need I did'nt realize how sick everyone was. Please Get Well Soon! and remember "A Cheerful Heart is Good Medicine"  Summer.

What problem do you have?  Are you in denial?
summer007

Email
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2005, 11:33:52 pm »

The only denial I know of is a river in Egypt. I don't go into my personal matters online. I have boundaries that cannot be crossed. Summer.
editor
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2005, 11:35:23 pm »

The only denial I know of is a river in Egypt. I don't go into my personal matters online. I have boundaries that cannot be crossed. Summer.

Dang, that almost sounds healthy.  It must be nice.  How dare you judge me!

Brents
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2005, 11:36:32 pm »

You need to access resources.

That's too cold and clinical. I just want to sleep.

moonflower2

Email
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2005, 11:38:12 pm »

I have boundaries that cannot be crossed.
 Summer.

Sounds like the RED sea to me. She's probably a Commie. Watch out. Watch out. Watch out.

There may be a scapegoat in her pocket. Put her through the detector.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:42:00 pm by belfry » Logged
editor
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2005, 11:42:57 pm »

That's too cold and clinical. I just want to sleep.

I am trying to help you, and you insult me.  I just  bought shares of Sepracor, the maker of Lunesta.  Why don't you take some and get a nap?

The only way a person can deal with certain problems is to access resources.  They will help you understand why you will never be normal, and will help you learn to live like a person who has problems.

No one should be expected to overcome problems.  We should just accept them, and let them define who we are for the rest of our lives.  

My name is Brent, and I have OCD.  I'm getting  better, but I know I'll have this problem for the rest of my life.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:50:05 pm by Brent T » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: