AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 09:16:40 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Poll
Question:
Total Voters:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What's My Line? or Bogus Posts Anonymous  (Read 15365 times)
moonflower2

Email
« on: March 03, 2005, 06:19:48 pm »

NEW POLL.................VOTE NOW................What's My Line?.................. "Sign in, please!" [/color]     
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 06:22:33 pm by moonflower2 » Logged
M2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:30:12 pm »

I'd like to vote in the "Other. Please specify" category.

I know a few things about Bob Smith that I learned from reading the BB.

He remains annonymous because he is traumatised by the fact that AB posters might picket his home or send him flyers.

When he first posted on AB, I thought that he was a LB that I knew very well.  However he admitted that he never was a LB, hence I must conclude then that he is a clone of the LB that I knew quite well.

The time stamps for his posts indicate that he is from a time zone west of mine.

He is a coward hiding behind the skirts of a woman (Sondra), and does not have the decency to respect another's desire for annonymity.

He is Sondra's yes-man.

He does not take criticism to heart,  and his posts are rampant with bitterness and hatred toward God’s people on AB.

He is having a conniption that Tom M was around when GG decided to start the assemblies.  Maybe he wishes that he would have been around instead.  At least Tom had the sense to leave the scene when he saw George's corrupt spirituality.  Bob I suggest that you read some of Tom's past posts on the BB and the website before you spout off your venemous lies.

I have more to say, but will stop for now.
Marcia
Oscar

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:15:10 pm »

I'd like to vote in the "Other. Please specify" category.

I know a few things about Bob Smith that I learned from reading the BB.

He remains annonymous because he is traumatised by the fact that AB posters might picket his home or send him flyers.

When he first posted on AB, I thought that he was a LB that I knew very well.  However he admitted that he never was a LB, hence I must conclude then that he is a clone of the LB that I knew quite well.

The time stamps for his posts indicate that he is from a time zone west of mine.

He is a coward hiding behind the skirts of a woman (Sondra), and does not have the decency to respect another's desire for annonymity.

He is Sondra's yes-man.

He does not take criticism to heart,  and his posts are rampant with bitterness and hatred toward God’s people on AB.

He is having a conniption that Tom M was around when GG decided to start the assemblies.  Maybe he wishes that he would have been around instead.  At least Tom had the sense to leave the scene when he saw George's corrupt spirituality.  Bob I suggest that you read some of Tom's past posts on the BB and the website before you spout off your venemous lies.

I have more to say, but will stop for now.
Marcia

Marcia,

This sort of thing is what I was referring to when I spoke of "inventing the past".  The method is to find something out about the person you wish to attack, construe it to be as bad as you can, then do all you can to spread this story around. 

GG was a master at this and used it all the time.  Mark C, back in his hippie days, did some drugs and meditated.  GG turned this to, "You know, Mark was a warlock".   Shocked   No kidding.

Another case....a sister's father worked for the State Department.   GG used to tell everyone that her father was "a general in the CIA." 

Thomas Maddux
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 11:20:10 pm »

Bob Smith's age:

(Let's have some guesses here)

20-30
30-40
40-50
50-60

TIME ZONE:

Central?

If I made another poll, how could I keep it on this thread?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 11:26:10 pm by moonflower2 » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 11:37:37 pm »

I know this is going to be extremely difficult to believe. But Bob Smith is really
the other half of the split personality of Bob Jones, founder of the University
that goes by his name. Alias Smith and Jones so to speak. If you've ever seen
one of those books that has a beginning on both sides of the book and works
towards the middle then you get the idea. I told you it would be hard to believe.

--Joe
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 11:42:19 pm »

Reply to SWTB:

Did it ever occur to you that I might not be related?  Wink
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 11:45:21 pm »

My guess is that "Bob Smith" is between 30 and 40 years old.
editor
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 04:28:34 am »

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here, but I think Bob Smith is 43 years old,
a coin collector, loves Doritos nacho cheese corn chips, dislikes aparagus, watches
old re-runs of "Flipper", and is a an avid reader of Ray Bradbury. He may also have an
HO train set on a lifelike train table in his garage, and may enjoy fishing for Large mouth bass.

His favorite president may have been John Quincy Adams, he likes the color blue, and
he gargles with Scope instead of Listerine. He likes to eat cottage cheese over peaches
and has a small garden where he grows Roma tomatoes. He talks in his sleep, and occasionally
listens to Country music while driving his car to the factory where he works as a lathe operator
for a major Metals company. He's left-handed, but when he brushes his teeth with Colgate
toothpaste he uses his right hand.

This isn't concrete though--it's the most I can ascertain from his posts. Grin

--Joe

I don't know who he is, and I've never met him, but I can tell alot about his motives.

Joe, I don't think this is a place where humor is appropriate.  Let it go.

Brent

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 04:34:01 am »

Brent---

You've been kind of surprising me lately. Please look at the voting choices---if that
isn't humor I don't know what is. I thought the thread was intended as a thread
of humor, just by the voting choices. You seem to be in a posture of defending
someone when they don't even need to be defended. They can get the joke. But
if you insist, I'll leave this thread too. This is really getting to be ridiculous.I deleted
my original post--too bad you have already copied it. It's amazing how much we
have to "tip-toe" around here lately. I don't know who Bob Smith is either, but I
hope he has enough of a sense of humor to appreciate that there is NO WAY I
could come up with all of that ridiculous stuff from his posts. If people are making
their guesses, I thought I'd make mine--and go COMPLETELY off the board with it.

I was just having some fun with the thread, as some others have done too. But,
I will exit, so I don't "step on any toes". Perhaps you can delete your post so that
my original one will be gone too. My apologies Bob if you have already read it and
find something in it to be offended by--I was just having some fun(and by the way,
much of what I wrote about you are things I actually like to eat and do myself--but I
like asparagus and watch "Andy Griffith" instead of "Flipper". Smiley  ).

--Joe

« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 04:55:38 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 05:12:13 am »

Brent,

Joe's right about this thread being a joke-- there's no other way to take it, considering the nature of the poll...

Do you think that the whole subject of B.S.'s identity, posts, etc. is not a laughing matter?  Can't say I'd disagree with you, but if you do think that, what are your reasons?  And why censure Joe but not Moonflower?

al
editor
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:10 am »

Brent,

Joe's right about this thread being a joke-- there's no other way to take it, considering the nature of the poll...

Do you think that the whole subject of B.S.'s identity, posts, etc. is not a laughing matter?  Can't say I'd disagree with you, but if you do think that, what are your reasons?  And why censure Joe but not Moonflower?

al

Censure?  What are you talking about?

I pointed out the fact that I am able to discern people's motives from what they post, even if I have never met them and I don't know who they are.  Even if I've never met someone, I can get a read on them, by their choice of words, use of commas, etc.  I usually give less credeence to what they say, paying more attention to how they say it.

I don't see what's funny about that, and Joe obviously doesn't have the gift of discerning in this area.

If this thread is so obviously a joke, why are you acting as if I'm serious?

There is a thing called irony, but it is lost on many.

It is obvious to me that Joe is still hashing over his bitterness from what happened over 20 years ago.  Even if he says he isn't, and even though I wasn't there, I can tell that he has a problem in this area and that he is motivated by hatred towards God's people.  He may say otherwise, but I know better.

I've never met Joe, but I know more about him than he does.

I don't think he's making up the story, but I do think there was some reason, a good reason, why he was made to sell his car.  One thing I do know is that this sort of thing doesn't happen every day.  It isn't normal.

Joe, let it go.  Don't mask your bitterness in humor.

Brent
outdeep

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 05:52:10 am »

OK, Brent.  It took me a while, but I got it - irony.   Grin

Relax, Joe.  He's just pulling your chain.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 05:53:41 am »

Brent---

I almost feel like crying.  You, who exposed the Assembly, and know how it's system
works, say I am motivated by "hatred of God's people"? If I were motivated by that
I would be tracking and hunting down the "perpetrators" who "did this to me" 20 years
ago. I don't feel that way at all. You invited the people to this board Brent. I hadn't
"argued" with anyone in a long time, except with Verne over predestination and election,
in fact, I enjoyed coming to the BB just to talk with old friends.

I have been wondering why you haven't been stepping in and asking anyone to "cool it"
accept for the posters on this BB. This last post almost feels as though someone is using
your name. You have been a friend of mine on this board, and I have always greatly respected
you. This stings deeper than anything has in a long time. In less this is some attempt on your
part at the darkest form of sarcastic humor---in posting as someone whom we well know posts,
then I feel like I have lost a brother.

The loss of my brother through suicide is a much deeper wound than having to sell a car over
20 years ago Brent. Yes, it hurt at the time when those events transpired, I was very young
and easily hurt. But there wasn't a "good reason" to do it Brent, there was an "Assembly reason"
to do it. I talk frequently with a couple of people who were involved at the time, in fact, one of
them I E-mail almost daily. He is a dear brother, and I can say that I love him. Excuse me, but I
truly feel as though I have had the wind knocked out of me. With everything that is in me I wish
I could say something bad about you Brent in response to this, but I can't. I love you brother.

God bless you, Joe
editor
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 06:18:00 am »

Brent---

I almost feel like crying.  You, who exposed the Assembly, and know how it's system
works, say I am motivated by "hatred of God's people"? If I were motivated by that
I would be tracking and hunting down the "perpetrators" who "did this to me" 20 years
ago. I don't feel that way at all. You invited the people to this board Brent. I hadn't
"argued" with anyone in a long time, except with Verne over predestination and election,
in fact, I enjoyed coming to the BB just to talk with old friends.

I have been wondering why you haven't been stepping in and asking anyone to "cool it"
accept for the posters on this BB. This last post almost feels as though someone is using
your name. You have been a friend of mine on this board, and I have always greatly respected
you. This stings deeper than anything has in a long time. In less this is some attempt on your
part at the darkest form of sarcastic humor---in posting as someone whom we well know posts,
then I feel like I have lost a brother.

The loss of my brother through suicide is a much deeper wound than having to sell a car over
20 years ago Brent. Yes, it hurt at the time when those events transpired, I was very young
and easily hurt. But there wasn't a "good reason" to do it Brent, there was an "Assembly reason"
to do it. I talk frequently with a couple of people who were involved at the time, in fact, one of
them I E-mail almost daily. He is a dear brother, and I can say that I love him. Excuse me, but I
truly feel as though I have had the wind knocked out of me. With everything that is in me I wish
I could say something bad about you Brent in response to this, but I can't. I love you brother.

God bless you, Joe

I'm sorry guys,

I assumed you would all see the irony in what I was saying.  It is a joke Joe, always was.

My point is that people are trying to tell you about yourself, and what your true motives are, when they have never met you.   furthermore,  one of the people doing this isn't even using his own name.

By stating the absolutely absurd things I was saying, I was hoping to get a response telling me how riduculous my ideas were.

Instead, people have misunderstood me, probably due to my own multi-level, dark deep sarcasm.

I happen to agree that Verne wronged Sondra, however I do not agree at all with Bob Smith's thing that he's doing with Joe.

I was attempting to demonstrate the absurdity of it all, but my point was totally lost.

Joe, I'm sorry.  I'm not posting under another name, and I'm not possessed.  This thread was obviously a joke from the beginning, and I was using irony to point out how silly the discussion over your car is...that's all.

I really mean what I am saying now....everyone is far too sensitive about this. This is all madness.

We have a board, SWTE, whose function appears to be to take posts from this board and hold conversations about the people who wrote them, without them being present.  It is an odd sort of commentary to say the least, however I suppose it has its purpose and has in fact brought out some good points.

Nevertheless, this fellow Bob, doesn't know you, wasn't there, and won't even tell people who he is....yet he feels like he knows what your problem is and can see into your soul.  I think it's silly.  I really do.

The discussion about moderating the tone about how evil the Assembly was, and tempering some of the firey rhetoric is one thing.  However, this new twist is really, totally silly.

That's what I was hoping to illustrate by being totally over-the-top and obtuse. 

Sadly, I hurt your feelings, and I apologize.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 06:21:33 am »

Brent---

I almost feel like crying. God bless you, Joe

Joe; Brent frequently employs the literary device of irony to make a point. I believe this is such a case my friend. Not to worry...
Verne
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 06:29:21 am by VerneCarty » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: