AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 09:09:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WINTER OF 2004-2205 LET IT SNOW  (Read 2969 times)
lenore
« on: December 25, 2004, 01:09:24 am »

:DcHRISTMAS EVE 2004

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

WINTER IS ONLY 3 DAYS OLD, YET IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE HAD MORE SNOW IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS THAT WE DID ALL LAST WINTER.

LETS USE THIS TO TALK ABOUT OUR WINTER EXPERIENCE, ESPECIALLY FOR THE ONES WHO ARE LIVING THROUGH IT.

BUT ANY PAST WINTER EXPERIENCE GOOD OR BAD CAN BE SHARED OKAY.

This past couple of weeks we have had snow storms, wind storms, freezing rain, ice pellets, extreme cold, to plus 5 degree C. temperatures with rain. Making roads a very slushy lakes.
Driveways very icy , taking bags of salt and kittylitter to make the travelling of them less dangerous.

My pet peeve is getting the driveway shovels and the snow plow comes around at night and the bottom end is rock hard to move .
This week we had all the temperatures known in a Canadian winter.
On the highway near Ottawa the 417, there was a bad traffic accident involving 3 transport truck and few cars. God bless them with no serious injuries.
I was watching the news on television , and was watching the news around the other Provinces and the States of the snow storm that came from all places Alabama, which affected our region.

So any stories of winter you people would like to share. The recent ones or the ones in the past.

Have a real safe holiday season.

Lenore
lenore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 04:56:25 am »

:DJanuary 23

So how has every one's winter been treating you.

In this neck of the woods.
We have had everything thrown at us, from snow, freezing rain, ice pellets, rain, flash freezes, thawing temperatures and deep freezes.

For the last week we have had very frigid temperatures
with wind chills in the -40 degree C.

I think when it get to -40 C or F is the same.

It is good we are in a deep freeze, the flu season is upon us as well. I for one has been battling it since Wednesday. Despite receiving the flu vaccine.
Hopefully with a weeks worth of deep freeze it will kill some of the germs.

I find the weather in this country from the Pacific Coast to the Altantic has been really extreme.
In Central Canada, Eastern Ontario. It is so changeable.

Well so how is everyone surviving the winter.

Have  Gidday

Lenore
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:54:08 am by LENORE » Logged
lenore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:03:38 am »

:DFEBRUARY 15.

According to those groundhogs predictions of February 2.

March 23 is only about 5 weeks away.

SPRING CANT COME TOO SOON FOR ME.

Freezing rain last night, Tongue

Air is mild but damp. Wink

I cant wait until the ice and snow is off the sidewalks and streets so I can start walking again on a regular basis and able to go across the bridge , to do my gym weight exercises again. Roll Eyes

The very best season I like is Fall, with the beauty, with no too humidity, not too cold, no bugs.

THis part of Canada, spring comes with the crocus, and tulips, warmer weather, but it is most likely  go from winter into summer heat very quickly.

Winter I chafe under the icy conditions, since I am not a winter activity type of person, I dont ski, I dont skate, so winter is a season to endure. The only good thing for winter is the beauty of fresh falling snow, on the trees.
ANd there is no humidity heat.

In the last couple of weeks I have had a squirrel hanging around my bedroom window.  SO generously I been putting out crackers with peanut butter.
The squirrel will sit there and eat it on the tree branch outside the window, giving my cat Percy entertainment for a few minutes. The squirrel even was crawling on the screen of my window on one side with the cat meow
and looking out on the other side. Usually Percy is standing up on me.
So wild life in the winter is a beauty all of its own.
It is amazing how even the smallest creatures like a group of squirrels chasing each other around a telephone pole, can amuse you as they amuse themselves.

HAVE A REALLY GIDDAY .

LENORE

« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 02:05:51 am by LENORE » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: