AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 12:57:06 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Tim G?  (Read 17035 times)
editor
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:24:36 pm »

Here he is!

http://www.timothygeftakys.com/

Before you all groan,  I just want to say that he had to study for this, and pass a test.  Whatever else can be said about him, he has had more careers in the past year than i have had in my entire life!

I think he will be a good realtor.....

Brent
enchilada
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 10:06:09 pm »

Here's his public license info.  

http://www2.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/pplinfo.asp?License_id=01407048

What's next, used cars?

delila

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 07:41:34 am »

But isn't there a code of ethics or something?  Don't you have to be honest?

delila
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 08:42:34 am »

Here he is!

http://www.timothygeftakys.com/

Before you all groan,  I just want to say that he had to study for this, and pass a test.  Whatever else can be said about him, he has had more careers in the past year than i have had in my entire life!

I think he will be a good realtor.....

Brent
Yep. He's a good talker.......
Why don't we put geftakysassembly.com in his "favorite links" bar in the left column on his website?  Grin Grin
editor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 10:53:08 pm »

What's next, used cars?

Actually,  cars (motorhomes and RV's to be precise) were the last career.  Real Estate is an honest way to make a living, and some people do very well at it.

To tell you the truth,  I think Tim is doing well to be a realtor.

Brent
delila

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 02:28:21 am »

I kind of felt sorry for him when I checked out his website.  So I did a good deed and sent him advice regarding one of the obvious typos that an English major should not have one his website.  I do wish him well.  I hope he grows a conscience too.

delila
enchilada
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 10:17:25 pm »

What's next, used cars?

Actually,  cars (motorhomes and RV's to be precise) were the last career.  Real Estate is an honest way to make a living, and some people do very well at it.

To tell you the truth,  I think Tim is doing well to be a realtor.

Brent

As in the life of an alligator, a realtor's chance for career survival is small. The odds are stacked up against him.    The only good thing about his new career is that he'll have to spend many Sundays tending to open houses to pay his dues, thereby reducing his cult activities.  If he wants to do well in real estate, he'll be working very long hours and have lots of interruptions...to busy to be a cult leader.  

If he spends enough time away from the cult stuff, hopefully he'll have withdrawls like a heroin/nicotine addict and become a regular guy.  And if he works hard enough, maybe he'll grow into a big alligator.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 08:07:55 am by Dan Fredrickson » Logged
delila

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 12:56:38 am »

Tim sent me an email, thanking for the edit tip.
He wished me well too.
Selah

Delila
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 03:00:27 am »

It is great to see that at the ripe age of 50 something, Tim Geftakys has finally decided to embark upon a respectable career.

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 05:50:58 am »

Yeah I agree. Hey though--by the way---I got this E-mail offering some great swampland in Florida for sale. I didn't open it though because of that virus going around. It looked like a pretty good deal--real cheap--it came from some realtor in Orange County. I hope they E-mail again--i've always wanted to own some Florida real estate.
delila

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 09:22:10 am »

I emailed him again.  I keep getting his little 'mail outs' from his website.  I asked if there was anything he thought he needed to say to me, and if he saw things differently now.  No answer.

I do not hold my breath.
I realize that many see this bb as a tool of the enemy.
I realize that when I tell an assembly member that I'm 'free' now, it's paramount to lunacy in their eyes.  The gg veiwfinder through which so many still view all things, is still functioning, though publicly they disown G and all his works and all his ways, AMEN.  

Twisted scripture remains a powerful tool.  This makes me sad.  I am sad about this.  For the well intentioned who are get gathering for chapter summary, lest all that they learned in gg's ministry go to waste, I am sad.  

Delila
shinchy

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 02:30:59 pm »

As in the life of an alligator, a realtor's chance for career survival is small. The odds are stacked up against him.    The only good thing about his new career is that he'll have to spend many Sundays tending to open houses to pay his dues, thereby reducing his cult activities.  If he wants to do well in real estate, he'll be working very long hours and have lots of interruptions...to busy to be a cult leader.  

If he spends enough time away from the cult stuff, hopefully he'll have withdrawls like a heroin/nicotine addict and become a regular guy.  And if he works hard enough, maybe he'll grow into a big alligator.

An alligator can always make a nice pair of shoes.  Wink
outdeep

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 07:08:13 pm »

Tim is blessed with being a good salesman.  Selling Real Estate is a honorable vocation through which he can glorify God.  I am happy that he is getting on his feet again.  He has suffered much with the Assembly falling apart, his wife's cancer and the need to start all over late in life.

I know folks anger towards and issues with Tim and I don't want to minimize or belittle your pain.  Nevertheless, when I was 18 and was completely ignorant of the Bible, I learned much from Tim at the beach house Bible study - much of what he taught in Hebrews, Genesis, and John, believe it or not, was sound teaching.  This, I truely appreciate.
d3z

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 09:49:07 pm »

I also want to chime in and say that I agree that much of Tim G's teaching was sound.  I remember several distinct occasions where he corrected something GG said at a seminar.  I don't think he did it directly, but at least during Bible studies here in San Diego.  I specifically remember him preaching against the 7th day creation of man.

Most of what I remember of Tim's teaching was of grace, faith, and hope.  I think he would have made a fine preacher, in a different context.

Beyond the teaching, he _did_ many of the terrible things that went on in the assemblies.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 10:15:32 pm »

Dave,

I sometimes wonder where some of these men could have gone if they were mentored by Chuck Smith instead of being controlled by George Geftakys.

No reason Tim couldn't have been another Greg Laurie.
Dan Notti could easily have been another Phillip Yancey.
Jim Hayman could have flourished in Christian broadcasting.

Hopefully, the lesson learned is that we should seek to affirm the giftedness of younger Christians and released them to minister as God has designed them.

-Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: