AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 08:47:20 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter.....  (Read 11933 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« on: January 31, 2004, 10:00:01 am »

As of 10:55.....it is currently -11 degrees F here in Champaign.....with the windshield clocking in at -29  Cry Cry Cry

Times like this make me wish I went to school in Pasadena, Cali - not that I am bitter about Midwest weather or anything  Roll Eyes

Kinda kills the plans for the night  Shocked

http://www.forceboy.com/images/champaign_cold.JPG
--
lucas
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 10:01:42 am by Lucas Sturnfield » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 10:04:18 am »

As of 10:55.....it is currently -11 degrees F here in Champaign.....with the windshield clocking in at -29  Cry Cry Cry

Times like this make me wish I went to school in Pasadena, Cali - not that I am bitter about Midwest weather or anything  Roll Eyes

--
lucas

Gee, Lucas, I'm almost NOT homesick. Thanks! Smiley

S
editor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 10:05:19 am »

--
lucas

Wow!  I can relate.  It's going to get down into the high 30's tonite

Wink
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 10:20:59 am »

I love winter...and the ice... and the cold...and the snow!  I love all of it!  Winter time is like one big awesome adventure.

When I went to school in New Mexico, and then moved to Fullerton for a short while, I would end my quiet times by reminding the Lord that I wanted to get back to the Midwest - and now that I've been back since 1975, I'm thankful for all the seasons, and especially for winter. Grin
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 10:40:50 am »

It just dropped down to -13  Lips sealed

Likewise, it is 1 degree F in Alaska, and 0 degrees F in Chicago  Wink

Even more special, it is -23 in Amundsen-Scott, Antarctica

--
lucas
Mark Kisla
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 10:45:24 am »

you know it's cold when you walk on the snow and it sounds like your walking on styrofoam.
PS Don't put your tongue on any metal streetlight poles tonight.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 10:53:47 am »

you know it's cold when you walk on the snow and it sounds like your walking on styrofoam.
PS Don't put your tongue on any metal streetlight poles tonight.

Haha, I have actually done this before on the street pole directly outside the Chicago assembly brother's house - that was not a fun time in the least.

Anyway, many pardons for my cynicism regarding this.....I am just sick and tired of the cold  Embarrassed

time to trek the 2 blocks to my apartment   Tongue

--
lucas
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 11:08:06 am »

I love winter...and the ice... and the cold...and the snow!  I love all of it!  Winter time is like one big awesome adventure...

Yeah, Nancy, I love it too-- especially in Christmas card pictures!  A few years ago a freezing rain turned our entire yard into solid ice one night.  Walking toward my car the next day I lost my footing.  When I next opened my eyes, I was looking at the sky and had a couple of cracked ribs-- kinda took all the big awesome adventure out of my winter. Tongue  But I do enjoy looking at it.  Especially through a picture window from in front of a roaring fireplace. Wink
     The best part of winter was always playing in the snow with our children.  They're all grown now & have moved out, so we're ready to move back to So. CA as soon as Cathy can retire...

al

Mark Kisla
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 11:26:49 am »

Chicago Illinois winters as a kid were a blast: Looking for giant icicles hanging from gutters and knocking them down with snowballs, sledin , hockey, skating with the ladies, building sled ramps, building snow forts, snow ball fights, jumping off a roof into a snow drift, hockey, hockey and more hockey. Making a couple of bucks going door to door shoveling sidewalks
Then there was the adolescent sport of nailing cars with snowballs, you entered young man hood when you hit a car and its pissed off owner gets out and starts chasing you.
Then there was "skitchen", when the streets were snow covered you grab the back bumper of an unsuspecting motorest vehicle and ski on your street shoes, WARNING, be sure to do this on streets where the speed limit does not exceed 25 mph, believe me , I learned the hard way.
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2004, 11:40:23 am »

Chicago Illinois winters as a kid were a blast: Looking for giant icicles hanging from gutters and knocking them down with snowballs, sledin , hockey, skating with the ladies, building sled ramps, building snow forts, snow ball fights, jumping off a roof into a snow drift, hockey, hockey and more hockey. Making a couple of bucks going door to door shoveling sidewalks
Then there was the adolescent sport of nailing cars with snowballs, you entered young man hood when you hit a car and its pissed off owner gets out and starts chasing you.
Then there was "skitchen", when the streets were snow covered you grab the back bumper of an unsuspecting motorest vehicle and ski on your street shoes, WARNING, be sure to do this on streets where the speed limit does not exceed 25 mph, believe me , I learned the hard way.

OK, now I really am homesick again. Thanks, Kis! Grin

It should dip down into the 50's tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrr! Roll Eyes

S
Oscar

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2004, 02:39:06 am »

Hi folks,

Ah, the snow.   Reading these posts makes me nostalgic.

I think I'll go out in front of my house and look at the snow on the mountains 20 miles away.  

In my short sleeves of course.  Wink

In Kahlifoanya we now how to make the snow behave!

Thomas Maddux
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2004, 08:30:00 am »

...In Kahlifoanya...

I'll be back...

;Dal

jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2004, 11:36:31 am »

Winter in So Cal is rough.  Today I attended a dog agility competition with my sister and I wore a short-sleeved shirt.  Boy, did I get a lot of warm sun! Grin

Jack
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2004, 10:53:47 pm »

Well I triple dog dare ya, to put your tongue on a metal pole!   Grin

Cheers,
G
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2004, 11:47:08 pm »

Hi, all,

Just wanted to mention that I just got back from the beach. Cool Mid-70's.

Took my dog to go swimming. Water was chilly but fortunately it's very clear and the sun warmed us up pretty quickly. Actually broke a sweat!

Have all the windows open and will probably wash my car and do a little yard work.

Enjoy your February, my friends! Grin

Scott Cool Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: