AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 07:59:51 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: we moved alot......  (Read 3608 times)
summer007

Email
« on: December 19, 2003, 08:14:36 am »

one thing I remember is we moved alot I had 6 moves in 6 years . Thankfully the last move was final...LB's said this was to keep everyone stirrred up....I think what it really did was help ruin your credit...as it appears unstable to have all these moves....One of the last places I was in the Leading sister said,'she was'nt there to make friends '. It was really weird  because I was'nt especially drawn to her ...and to say such a thing seemed really coldhearted...I was meeting regularly with her husband for disciplship breakfasts and he was warm and very genuine ..I spoke to him after I left and he said I could come back and change things ...and I specifically remember telling him.. change things come -on you know all changes come from GG and BG in Fullerton...He did'nt deny it and a short time later he left not on good circumstances,but I was glad for him that he got out...By the way on my way out the bros offered to help move me ...I declined I had movers set up to go and the Lord had actually given me the street of whereI was to move...This was after much thought and after hearing the Lords voice in several matters and having this lead sis tell me it was'nt the case ....and seemed very threatened that I had talked to someone else in leadership about  my move and said,'I should'nt talk to anyone else but her'...it was unbelievable ..plus my roomates were so busy studying and trying to make meets and go to school there was'nt that much time for fellowship except for dinners...also prior to my deciding to leave about a year before a bro (a grown man ) was moved into the bros hse and I remember him telling me Get Out this is a system..he moved out within a month...many other warning signs blared in my face...time doe'snt permit to tell them all... one sticks out is when I wa smissing an ANP the lead sis asked me why I was'nt in bed at 7:30....give me a break....I knew I had to go that something was really wrong..and we had started reading " Have we no Rights"so I knew I would be carrying the cross for sure.....but it just seemed like life has enough ordinary problems why create new ones and hardships for people...I finally realized that noone really knew of this group except for the group itself.. and the few that had encountered it on campus  and other outreaches.....just a thought.....
editor
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 12:23:19 pm »

one thing I remember is we moved alot I had 6 moves in 6 years . Thankfully the last move was final...LB's said this was to keep everyone stirrred up....I think what it really did was help ruin your credit...as it appears unstable to have all these moves....One of the last places I was in the Leading sister said,'she was'nt there to make friends '. It was really weird  because I was'nt especially drawn to her ...and to say such a thing seemed really coldhearted...I was meeting regularly with her husband for disciplship breakfasts and he was warm and very genuine ..I spoke to him after I left and he said I could come back and change things ...and I specifically remember telling him.. change things come -on you know all changes come from GG and BG in Fullerton...He did'nt deny it and a short time later he left not on good circumstances,but I was glad for him that he got out...By the way on my way out the bros offered to help move me ...I declined I had movers set up to go and the Lord had actually given me the street of whereI was to move...This was after much thought and after hearing the Lords voice in several matters and having this lead sis tell me it was'nt the case ....and seemed very threatened that I had talked to someone else in leadership about  my move and said,'I should'nt talk to anyone else but her'...it was unbelievable ..plus my roomates were so busy studying and trying to make meets and go to school there was'nt that much time for fellowship except for dinners...also prior to my deciding to leave about a year before a bro (a grown man ) was moved into the bros hse and I remember him telling me Get Out this is a system..he moved out within a month...many other warning signs blared in my face...time doe'snt permit to tell them all... one sticks out is when I wa smissing an ANP the lead sis asked me why I was'nt in bed at 7:30....give me a break....I knew I had to go that something was really wrong..and we had started reading " Have we no Rights"so I knew I would be carrying the cross for sure.....but it just seemed like life has enough ordinary problems why create new ones and hardships for people...I finally realized that noone really knew of this group except for the group itself.. and the few that had encountered it on campus  and other outreaches.....just a thought.....

Yep, that's the Assembly I remember

BTW, who are you?

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 10:56:31 pm »

Brent,    Thank-you for your reply I was involved for 6 years...that was about 17 to 18 years ago ...I think for anyone its a hard pill to swallow to learn what was really going on in this group...you seem to have left no stone unturned  and almost every topic has been discussed...Its amazing you took this effort on...You've probibly saved alot of lives .but not all as you know the group could go on for years ..as the JW'S do and the Mormans do...but if they were locking people in the assm in SLO it seems they were close to something in the way of WACO or Jim Jones  if no checks and balances were in place..anything could happen and still can...imagine how these people feel that were Workers for all these years...and did anyone ever go on the 8month or so Journey with George? I always thought it was strange he went alone with all the Missioary endeavor that was prayed for ..I dont know maybe some of you joined GG on his Missions ....I personally feel something changed in the group around 1985..but that may of just been me...Did you ever wonder who would take over  if GG passed on that was something in the back of my mind ...who could preach for three days non -stop??or would they of split it up or would the group of disolved on its own??? The whole thing is really Creepy to me but if I can help anyone ..maybe its worth it.....Do you think of the 400+ people listed and with the hits the board gets that people are still afraid to speak -out or have they moved on??? I know when I first found this site my Blood Pressure would go sky-high....and I typically have low to Normal BP....Ha....what do you think?Huh?
editor
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 11:15:43 pm »

Brent,    Thank-you for your reply I was involved for 6 years...that was about 17 to 18 years ago ...I think for anyone its a hard pill to swallow to learn what was really going on in this group...you seem to have left no stone unturned  and almost every topic has been discussed...Its amazing you took this effort on...You've probibly saved alot of lives .but not all as you know the group could go on for years ..as the JW'S do and the Mormans do...but if they were locking people in the assm in SLO it seems they were close to something in the way of WACO or Jim Jones  if no checks and balances were in place..anything could happen and still can...imagine how these people feel that were Workers for all these years...and did anyone ever go on the 8month or so Journey with George? I always thought it was strange he went alone with all the Missioary endeavor that was prayed for ..I dont know maybe some of you joined GG on his Missions ....I personally feel something changed in the group around 1985..but that may of just been me...Did you ever wonder who would take over  if GG passed on that was something in the back of my mind ...who could preach for three days non -stop??or would they of split it up or would the group of disolved on its own??? The whole thing is really Creepy to me but if I can help anyone ..maybe its worth it.....Do you think of the 400+ people listed and with the hits the board gets that people are still afraid to speak -out or have they moved on??? I know when I first found this site my Blood Pressure would go sky-high....and I typically have low to Normal BP....Ha....what do you think?Huh?

A half dozen or so people travelled at various times with George on his trips....except that no one ever went to Greece.  George always went to Greece alone.  Roger Grant seemed to have gone every year to Africa.  Danny Edwards went once, Steve Irons, Wayne Matthews, Timothy Geftakys, and some people also went to China.  George would take a companion to Mexico as well, but since there was something happening there, I'd say it was on par with visiting Canada, not like going to East Africa or Nigeria.  However, no one ever went to Greece.

I joined in 1983, and yes, I agree that '85 was a significant year for the group changing.  That was when David G moved to SLO, and Keith Walker (a really great guy) was moved to Fullerton to rent David G's house.   Things went from good, to bad, to worse.

Most people who read this site are afraid using their real names.  I personally know, first hand, that many of them have indeed "moved on."  I have hundreds of "Thank you letters," saying just that.  Others haven't moved on, have grown tired of the BB, and two or three have even been banned.  All in all, it is plain that the BB has been totally effective, and continues to be a help to others, our critics notwithstanding.

BTW, Is your name really Summer? Wink

Have a great Christmas!

Brent

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: