AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 03:49:09 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: WORLD SERIES  (Read 17044 times)
Mark Kisla
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2004, 01:26:52 am »

I found myself routing for the Panthers, even though i had New England in the football pool at work. It seemed like they deserved to win the game. Those long pass plays were something else!!

--joe
I was pulling for Carolina also, most of the first half was slow, then the game took off and was fun to watch.
What was you favorite superbowl commercial ? I liked the aol one and the pepsi  jimi hendrix commercial
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2004, 09:32:43 pm »

GO Senators GO!!!!!!!!! Grin

Leafs can go golfing early. Tongue

Hugh  Grin

http://www.ottawasenators.com
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:39:59 pm by Hugh » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2004, 02:52:03 am »

Mark Kisla,

GO SENS GO !!!

Marcia Cool
Hi Marcia,
Ottawa is one of Hockey News top picks and they called St Louis the "a wounded animal in the play-offs that could be dangerous"
Good Luck & Go Blues!!!

Mark K
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 03:04:07 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2004, 03:00:38 pm »

http://www.cfra.com/images/banners/sens-flag.gif

Check all the playoffs listing for your favourite team at the following link.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/playoffs/

Go Sens Go!!!

The Maple Leafs have one player the goalie Belfour. He deserves a lot of credit for holding the Leafs together. BUT tonight Ottawa will show them you don't fool with them at 7PM Eastern from the Corel Center.

Go Sens Go!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 03:07:40 pm by Hugh » Logged
lenore
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 10:38:37 am »

Cheesy ;)world series is Baseball Right:::

My mother is a baseball fanatic. She watches the games on the television from April to October, and after that she says there is nothing on tv.
At easter she told us she has not been to a live baseball game since 1952, when she lived out in Manitoba.
Complained when the Jays cames to Toronto, everyone promised her , but no one took her.
The same thing happened whent he Lynx came to Ottawa, Every one and his brother promised to take her to a game. Not one person fulfilled that promise.

When My Daughter Sara age 17, heard that, when Sara left after finishing Sunday Easter Supper, which the family crowd around the kitchen table (13) and we  were missing 4.
Sara turn to her Nanny, said "NAN' I take you to a ball game.
She had no idea when and how she would fulfill that promise.
Do you want to hear how God intervened and helped Sara fulfilled her promise.

Sara won a few awards at school the next week.
One of them was an Ottawa Lynx award for the most improved student.
Guess who she took with her.
Yep! Her Nanny.!!!!!
The trip occurred last Friday evening May 14.
My 72 year old mother and my 17 year old daughter went to the Lynx Ballgame.
Sara had to go with four other from her school arnprior and district high school, as well as many others from schools from all over the province(?).
Sara principal, was a good company for my mother.
Sara said she was bored. Sara is not a ball fan.
Nanny kept her entertained, and educated Sara of all the fine points of watching ball, and what takes place
at a ball stadium.  Remember, my mother has not seen a live baseball game in over 50 years.
Sara was taken back abit, of the knowledge her Nanny knew and all on Ball.
My Mother will cheer for the Canadian Teams First.
Then I dont know. As long as it is a ball game.
You go and visited her on a Sunday afternoon, her own television in the kitchen, she is in her rocker, and she has the knitting needles going,  watching the ball game.
My Mother will even tell the announcer to Shut Up, and let her watch the game.
One of the ball players is called(Spelling(?))
DELGATO(?)...
And there is a pitchers that  has only one arm.
My Mother's wish now, that she would like to go back to a Lynx game so she could go back and enjoy the game, without having to educate Sara boredom so much.
So what do you think, HOW GOD WORKED THIS OUT, SO MY DAUGHTER CAN HONOUR HER PROMISE TO HER GRANDMOTHER,
She made the promise April 11 Easter Sunday, and fulfilled May 14.
IT WAS ONLY GOD AT WORK. we had no knowledge of those Lynx tickets, nor the knowledge that Sara was going to win an award.
IT WAS ONLY GOD, GIVING SARA THE FAITH , THAT SHE WAS GOING TO TAKE HER GRANDMOTHER TO A BALLGAME.
GOD PROVIDED THE MEANS, THE WAY, AND THE FULFILLMENT OF THE PROMISE, FROM START TO FINISH

WORLD SERIES , WORLD SERIES BELONGS TO THE LORD, AND PRAISE FOR FULFILLMENT OF A PROMISE MADE BY A GRANDDAUGHTER. THAT A GOD'S WORLD SERIES.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: