AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 10:03:15 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: WORLD SERIES  (Read 17047 times)
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 09:52:00 pm »

With the sCubs and Red Sox not in it, it's the same ol thing, but I want the  fish to win.

Mark,

Anybody EXCEPT the Skankees!

Actually I'm a Cardinals fan so this has been a very painful year. I did manage to choke back my pride and root for the Cubbies, but only so I could handle listening to my old man crow about it every time we spoke!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 09:53:20 pm by Scott McCumber » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2003, 01:09:17 am »

With the sCubs and Red Sox not in it, it's the same ol thing, but I want the  fish to win.

Mark,

Anybody EXCEPT the Skankees!

Actually I'm a Cardinals fan so this has been a very painful year. I did manage to choke back my pride and root for the Cubbies, but only so I could handle listening to my old man crow about it every time we spoke!
Scott ,
Your Dad is a good man. I only liked the Skankees when they had Mickey Mental, Billy Martian and Yogi Bear.
Mark Kisla
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2003, 09:17:46 pm »

WARNING! This post is not about the world series.

Mark Kisla,

I understand that the Washington Capitals are playing the Ottawa Senators this Saturday(25th).

Marcia
Hi Marcia'
I missed your post...a bit late.
Do you and your family get to any Senators Games ?
How are ticket prices ?
Is it cold enough for the outdoor rinks to start operating yet?
Mark K
M2
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2003, 09:23:51 pm »

WARNING! This post is not about the world series.

Mark Kisla,

I understand that the Washington Capitals are playing the Ottawa Senators this Saturday(25th).

Marcia
Hi Marcia'
I missed your post...a bit late.
Do you and your family get to any Senators Games ?
How are ticket prices ?
Is it cold enough for the outdoor rinks to start operating yet?
Mark K

No we do not go to the games, but we sometimes watch them on TV (don't tell anyone that we watch TV in our home). Watched the Grey Cup on Sunday; it was a good game.
I've been told that the ticket prices are quite high.
re. outdoor rinks. Not yet. It's +something today.

Good song.

Marcia
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 12:40:49 am »

...don't tell anyone that we watch TV in our home...

Marcia

Marcia, God has no objection to our families gathering to watch TV at home.  It is only turning it on that makes it evil! Wink

al

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 06:32:46 am »

Al---

LOL Grin

--Joe
Mark Kisla
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 08:25:25 pm »

Hi Marcia,
How uch snow ? Chicago is expecting snow (1-3")Friday, nothing yet in STL.
Did you catch any of the Heritage Cup ?
M2
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 05:01:38 am »

Hi Marcia,
How much snow ? Chicago is expecting snow (1-3")Friday, nothing yet in STL.
Did you catch any of the Heritage Cup ?
We got about 1-3", the lawns are white.
No I did not catch any of the Heritage Cup.
Actually, I have not watched any games yet.

Lord bless,
Marcia
Mark Kisla
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2003, 10:37:30 pm »

Hey Marcia,
I'm looking out my window at 3" of snow and it's still falling at a pretty good clip here in Missouri.
I'm taking the kids to an old outdoor skating rink today in downtown St. Louis, ( we do this every year) it's about the size of 2 regulation hockey rinks. They serve the worlds greatest hot chocolate and always have a good bonfire going. Then we are going Christmas shopping.
Mark
Mark Kisla
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 03:25:14 am »

Marcia
Everytime time I been to Canada it's been nothing but a blast. As a kid my uncle was a parish priest in Kitchner, Ontario so we would go to visit in the summers. People there were great.
I never get tired of Niagara Falls, (what an awesome living testimony to the power of God) hoping to take the kids there this summer.
 Banff in Alberta was the best to ski besides being one of the beautiful places I ever been.
I like it north of the border.
Mark K
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2003, 06:56:00 am »

OKAY, People!  We're losing our focus here!  This is the WORLD SERIES thread!  What's with all the talk about skating and shopping?  WORLD SERIES, get it?  BASEBALL!!!

So, as a native of Cincinnati, I have to ask you:
Did anybody think the Bengals would end up on top???

al Grin Grin Grin

Mark Kisla
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 07:22:35 pm »

So, as a native of Cincinnati, I have to ask you:
Did anybody think the Bengals would end up on top???

al Grin Grin Grin

Hey Al,
You are welcome to come to my house Sunday afternoon and watch the Rams beat the Bengals. (I hope)
Mark K

outdeep

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 06:46:55 pm »

Yes.  This was probably the first time in my life that I could actually root for my local team in the Superbowl.  But, I am proud of the way they did.  I didn't expect them to do as well as they did against the more experienced Patriots.  But, they came very close to beating them.

Of course, this was Deja Vu.  I was rooting for the Rams agains NE two years ago.

Mark Kisla
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2004, 10:35:59 am »

Yes.  This was probably the first time in my life that I could actually root for my local team in the Superbowl.  But, I am proud of the way they did.  I didn't expect them to do as well as they did against the more experienced Patriots.  But, they came very close to beating them.

Of course, this was Deja Vu.  I was rooting for the Rams agains NE two years ago.

Both games were excellent.
This years play-offs were great to watch also.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2004, 08:57:44 pm »

I found myself routing for the Panthers, even though i had New England in the football pool at work. It seemed like they deserved to win the game. Those long pass plays were something else!!

--joe
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: