AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 06:15:51 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: WORLD SERIES  (Read 17045 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: October 21, 2003, 05:11:15 am »

Well, the Cubs lost, and then the Red Sox lost--that would have been some World Series. I have to admit, I was forlorn, but I finally took the rifle barrel out of my mouth, and decided to see how the Marlins/Yankees World Series pans out.  Grin

So, I'm going to make a prediction---it might be kind of fun to see who gets this right. Right now the series is tied 1-1-----I will say that the Series goes six games with the Yankees winning 4-2. Anyone agree--or what is your prediction? If you think the Marlins can pull it off, you are entitled to your very unintelligent and uniformed decision Grin, if you think the Yankees will win I admire you for your foresight Cheesy  I'm taking the middle ground on this one for sure---but it's really strange, I look down at the middle ground and it has "Go Yankees" written all over it. Oh well.
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 06:46:39 am »

I know that everyone assumes that the Yankees will win; but I'm rooting for the Underdog!  Go Marlins!!!  
M2
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 12:35:52 am »

WARNING! This post is not about the world series.

Mark Kisla,

I understand that the Washington Capitals are playing the Ottawa Senators this Saturday(25th).

Marcia
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 12:38:41 am »

Kisla,

Thought you were a Blackhawks fan? Or was it Blues?

Scott
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 12:40:58 am »

Hey---

No hockey allowed on a baseball thread!! Grin

--Joe
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 01:01:22 am »

Yeah, Marcia!

Why don't you start a Stanley Cup thread? Grin
Mark Kisla
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 01:24:07 am »

Kisla,

Thought you were a Blackhawks fan? Or was it Blues?

Scott
Though I was born in Chicago and raised a Blackhawk fan, I defected to the Blues because they are becomming the Cubs of Hockey.(they just can't seem to win the big one)

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 08:22:35 am »

And in other news:

Meijin Yoda Norimoto 9p successfully defended his title again and achieved four consecutive Meijin titles after he took Black and defeated the challenger Yamashita Keigo 9p by resignation with 185 moves in the title match 5 of the 28th Japanese Meijin Title and won by 4:1 in the best-of-seven series. (10/23/2003)

http://www.gogameworld.com/
Mark Kisla
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 05:49:52 pm »

And in other news:

Meijin Yoda Norimoto 9p successfully defended his title again and achieved four consecutive Meijin titles after he took Black and defeated the challenger Yamashita Keigo 9p by resignation with 185 moves in the title match 5 of the 28th Japanese Meijin Title and won by 4:1 in the best-of-seven series. (10/23/2003)

http://www.gogameworld.com/
I love this BB
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 08:22:57 pm »

Hey----

No Meijin on a baseball thread!!! Grin

--Joe
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 08:59:01 pm »

And in other News:

Jimmy "boscoe" Winthrop is the new BOM champ
of North America. Setting the new North American
record, Jimmy linked a record 24 monkeys in a row to take the "Barrel of Monkeys" championship for 2003.
Congratulations Jimmy!! (AP Oct. 2003)
Mark Kisla
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 09:23:44 pm »

World Bocci Ball Championships should be starting up here shortly, I'm pumped.
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 09:30:06 pm »

Hey, Joe,

Have you heard about the latest yuppie craze? They are setting up kick ball leagues and t-ball leagues for adults. Seriously.

You can even see a billboard ad for it along the outfield wall in the Marlins' stadium.

Sounds kind of fun actually.

Scott
Mark Kisla
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 09:35:00 pm »

Hey----

No Meijin on a baseball thread!!! Grin

--Joe
With the sCubs and Red Sox not in it, it's the same ol thing, but I want the  fish to win.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 09:39:05 pm »

Scott---

That sounds great! T-ball is the only way to go. I strike out a lot less that way. Grin  Hey--do they have any tetherball leagues starting up? T-ball and balls tied to a string are right up my alley.

--Joe
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: