AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 10:27:21 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Am Tired of Talking About the Assembly  (Read 5504 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« on: January 23, 2003, 11:48:34 pm »

Hello out there,

As I stated before to a few of you in here, I am getting weary of continually re-hashing stuff about the Assembly.  I need to move on with my life.  My new friends and my guy friend have no idea I was once involved in a cult-like church with no name.  I want to keep it that way.  My desire is to go to a foreign country where the Assembly has never even been thought of, in order to start my life all over again.

The past two years have been pure hell for me.  Therapy, medications, psychiatric hospitalizations have kept me alive thus far.  Leaving the Assembly was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, because of all the emotional abuse I suffered.  I want to start 2003 anew, revived, looking forward and not looking back.

I have heard that the SLO has repented, and I'm not sure what to think about that.  But one thing I do know is that that act does not erase all I have suffered.  I can't go back and change things.  My nightmares won't cease.

Is there anyone who wants to respond?  I feel like Jack sometimes, feeling unsettled...
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 12:00:09 am »

The only lasting peace is in Christ.
ptemplin7

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 12:13:17 am »

Eulaha,

hopefully there will be healing. I have found in my roller coaster ride after the assembly that sometimes talking with others you respect and trust can really help. Don't bottle it up it will just get worse.

I found talking about some very trying experiences with various pastors over the years have really helped to put things into perspective. I agree with moving forward, but the fact is that the past is still the past. Don't ever totally forget that you might remember God's grace in setting you free.

It's for you to decide but I think that letting your good friends know would actually be a help. Not a help in allowing and building bitterness but a help in being able to pray with you and encourage you in the Lord.

I know I have struggled from time to time with bitterness over how I was treated and actions of others. But God in His mercy always reminded me of the scripture, Let there not be a root of bitterness whereby many are defiled.  

Keep confessing the bitterness and asking the Lord to be sufficient. I am so sorry to hear of your problems resulting from being there. May you be an example of God's grace in being able to rescue a little one (aren't we all!) from the clutches of the deceiver.

I trust that you will be able to move on this year. If you need encouragement or opinions feel free to let me know. I will do the best I can to help you as so many others have helped me over the years since I left to truly find God's grace and plan. And ultimately asking and answering the question WHY ME?

All I can say right now is that God's plan have not been thwarted. He has a wonderful plan for our lives, may you find the healing and comfort of Our Saviour.

May the Lord richly bless you this year, In Christ

Paris Templin
ptemplin7@earthlink.net
freebird

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 04:57:34 pm »

Eulaha,

Hi!  Stick with God and you are on the winning side.  God will not be mocked.  Though many would poo-poo what you have been through, God knows.  It is my hope and prayer that people coming to this site will realize that there has been more than principles shattered.  People have been shattered.  People have been hurt, broken, discouraged, lied to, called names, labelled, etc.  How can that be righted?  It can't!  

So, our only hope is God.  Jesus is our Hope.  

Christ's love to you,
Garth
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 10:42:04 pm »

Hi Eulaha

My name is Gary Wilson.  I am a Fullerton oldie.  Just started
coming out again.  But that is another matter.
   In what I am about to say, I don't want to minimize the pain
and hurt you've experienced.  No other person can truly know the
type and depth of pain another is going through.  But because
we are members one of another and he all are flesh and blood we
to some extent can be touched by another.

In some ways, I am no stranger to pain.  That is another story.
I read your post and wanted to say 2 things.
1)  Your pain touched my heart.  It is so easy to hear anothers
pain and then give 3 points - my humor - without really letting that
person's pain touch you.  I think sometimes people just need to know someone else cares.  I don't know you but I will pray for you.
Sometimes it is both scary and liberating to know regardless how
much another human understands us or cares for us there is nothing
they themselves can do to ease the pain.  I pray that your pain
and sorrow will be lead to a place of peace and joy.

2)  I hope you don't take what I am about to say as a "you need to
do this or that".  May Christ fill your heart.   May every part of you
that aches "know his love and comfort."  You are his precious little
one.  He personally loves you.  Only He and He alone knows the depths of your sorrow.  Only He can comfort you.  
May he give you friends that can communicate the love.
I think a most wonderful aspect of the gospels is the Love Christ
showed to those that were wounded.  
You've probably had Matt 11:28-30 shared with you tell it is coming
out your ears.  I pray that you will experience it.  We don't need
to know 3 points about it.  We don't need to "mentally understand it"  We need it to fill and rule our hearts.
That verse was once all my morning times consisted of for a couple
of months.  I didn't study.   I just asked Him to have me experience it, to breathe it into my soul.  He is so kind, so gentle, so full of love.

I recently teaked some major nerves in my cervical region.
I could barely sleep.  I tried accupressure - the non needle way
to work with pressure points.  I had so many sore points.  It has
been a slow process but it has worked.
My point is He can touch and soothe every sore spot in your soul.
I had to repeat the various pressure points over and over but
it has begun to dimish.  I pray you will experience the same in your
soul.

Please don't take this reply as a do this or do that.   My hope is that my reply might touch your heart even as your pain has touched my heart.  
His peace fill your soul
Gary Wilson

Heide

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 11:15:27 pm »

Hi Eulaha,

Exercise those demons and get them out of your system! My personal experience was once I started talking I started remembering. Even this morning I remembered a sisters meeting with Betty. Remember the "if you aren't married you ought to make your first priority finding a husband" speech?? Wow, what a nut case! I think we would all like to put this behind us but let me remind you of something. YOU made it out, YOU crossed that river. Something inside of you is strong. You can't hide the fire under the bushel. Oh Eulaha, my friend who helped me move and unpacked all those boxes in the kitchen... I wish a hug could cure your aching heart. Know that God is on your side. You are still welcome in my home and I have LOTS of mountains for you to yell off of!
Heide
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 11:24:06 pm »

Heide,

Yes, I remember helping you unpack your kirchen stuff.  I remember thinking how fortunate you were to be so far from the influence of the Assembly.
Although the brethren have "repented", they still have a LONG way to go.  Repentance is more than saying, "We're sorry".  There needs to be restitutions to the victims as well.  Presently I have not so much as an apology from the SLO leadership, but I'm still waiting patiently...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: