AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 06:11:47 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satan's Mark  (Read 3474 times)
David Mauldin
« on: April 03, 2005, 07:30:02 am »

About 7 years ago my friend, John Marvin, attended a "Ch. Summary" The study was taught by Jim Hayman.  Somehow the topic of tattoos came up. Jim quoted a vs from the Old Testament. "Thou shalt not mark thy body"  and then went to the New Testament. "...mark upon thy forhead or right hand..."  So imagine my surprise when two years ago I made an appointment to get one of "Satan's Marks" on my right calf.  I had gone to Satan's parlor right there on Harbor Blvd. I made an agreement with Satan's servant, "Colin" (Colin looked surprisingly boyish and innocent what a great disguse Satan wears!) and we were to meet back at the parlor on Friday evening. Yet that Thursday Colin called me, "Dude, were were invited to a convention in Anahiem, can you meet us there?"  "No problem." So I get to the convention and it is filled with lots of Satan's servants!  Men and women are getting some awsome marks all over their bodies!  Colin has me stretched out on a table and he is working away when I hear this anouncement over the loud speakers, "Sisters and bros, Chuck smith Jr. will be giving an inspirational message in 30 minutes!"  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
"Hey are you guys Christians?Huh?"  Yep!  The convention was a Christian event!!!! There were lots of people walking around with Christian themed tattoos!! Colin is a Christian. The "Best Tattoo Award judge said, "Praise the Lord" when he saw my tattoo! (A portrait of Thomas Jefferson.) So what do you guys think? Can a Christian get a tattoo? or is it Satan's Mark!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 07:33:26 am by David Mauldin » Logged
outdeep

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 09:25:04 am »

About 7 years ago my friend, John Marvin, attended a "Ch. Summary" The study was taught by Jim Hayman.  Somehow the topic of tattoos came up. Jim quoted a vs from the Old Testament. "Thou shalt not mark thy body"  and then went to the New Testament. "...mark upon thy forhead or right hand..."  So imagine my surprise when two years ago I made an appointment to get one of "Satan's Marks" on my right calf.  I had gone to Satan's parlor right there on Harbor Blvd. I made an agreement with Satan's servant, "Colin" (Colin looked surprisingly boyish and innocent what a great disguse Satan wears!) and we were to meet back at the parlor on Friday evening. Yet that Thursday Colin called me, "Dude, were were invited to a convention in Anahiem, can you meet us there?"  "No problem." So I get to the convention and it is filled with lots of Satan's servants!  Men and women are getting some awsome marks all over their bodies!  Colin has me stretched out on a table and he is working away when I hear this anouncement over the loud speakers, "Sisters and bros, Chuck smith Jr. will be giving an inspirational message in 30 minutes!"  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
"Hey are you guys Christians?Huh?"  Yep!  The convention was a Christian event!!!! There were lots of people walking around with Christian themed tattoos!! Colin is a Christian. The "Best Tattoo Award judge said, "Praise the Lord" when he saw my tattoo! (A portrait of Thomas Jefferson.) So what do you guys think? Can a Christian get a tattoo? or is it Satan's Mark!!!!!!
Actually, that doesn't surprise me.  Chuck Smith Senior was used of God because he ignored the exterior of Southern California hippies and tried to minister to them without pretense.  Chuck Smith Jr. is following the same pattern with today's younger generation (tatoos are popular - a small college town like Boone sports supports three tattoo parlers and they have less stigma as when we were younger).  Smith Jr. has is a name that pops up in the postmodern/emerging church movement - in fact I saw a book he wrote on the subject.  I would expect much tattoos to show up in the alternative/Generationx, y, or z/postmodern/emerging church.

By the way, in Wilkesboro (half-hour from my home, noted for being mentioned in the Tom Dooley song), there is a biker church (as in Harley-Davison) where members can drive their bike into the sanctuary and park inside.   www.bikerchurch.com
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 01:07:43 am »

"Lay down your bike Tom Dooley," "Lay down your bike and slide!" Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: