AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 10:06:12 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Concert You Have Ever Attended  (Read 5009 times)
David Mauldin
« on: April 03, 2005, 12:23:36 am »

Last night my wife and I attended the "Vertigo" concert by U2.  (Great concert, I wish people on this bb could share the experience with us.)  I have only attended a few concerts in my lifetime. So I'm not sure I can compare this experience against a "Greatful Dead" or "Rolling Stones" or "Beatles" concert.  But I suspect that I have just attended the  greatest concert ever performed by any rock band!  Bono's conection with the crowd is uncanny.  Everyone in the packed audience breathed to his exhale. Everyone sang every song like it was Sunday worship at the Zion Church of of the Sanctified Ressurection. (I kid you not that place was swaying to the music.) At the end of the concert Bono gets out a spotlight and starts panning the crowd. He takes time to shine it on everyone.  He makes you feel like you are just as much of the show as he is.  They end the show with Psalm 40 kinda like closeing in prayer.  So am I just experiencing what everone else does after a concert?  Or is this band something extraordinary or what??? 
M2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 07:54:26 pm »

U2 is performing in Ottawa November 25th, but unfortunately the concert is already sold out. Cry

This is airing tonight:

TITLE: Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Mork & Mindy
SYNOPSIS: Actors Robin Williams and Pam Dawber star in the popular sitcom ``Mork & Mindy'' from 1978 to 1982.
AIRING: Mon 4/04/2005 9:00 PM EST  2(CIII), 5(WPTZ NBC), 6(CIIIOT)
DURATION: 2 hr.
STARRING: Chris Diamantopoulos, Erinn Hayes, Daniel Roebuck

Marcia
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 05:07:46 am »

I love Robin!!!!!   (He looks like Bono and viceversa)
M2
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 05:12:01 pm »

I love Robin!!!!!   (He looks like Bono and viceversa)

I forgot how crude he (Robin) can be. Embarrassed

Marcia
David Mauldin
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:15:20 am »

Are you referring to the HBO special?Huh
David Mauldin
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 08:27:35 am »

Have you ever watched a Charlie Rose interview with Robin Williams?  it's like Robin can't shut up for one minute, he keeps add libbing to the point where Charlie has to really go out of his way to get him back into conversation.  I have heard that Robin is on meds. (To slow down? or Speed up?) His gift as a comedian is his ability to just keep improvising from one character to another. People have compared him to Jonathan Winters who himself had to be institutionalized in a mental hospital.  Bono is another one of these high energy guys!  He just has to perform his heart on his sleave.  The band was started by the drummer Larry Mullins.  Larry pinned up a notice at his high school.  Larry said that "IT WAS MY BAND FOR 30 WHOLE MINUTES!" Then Bono shows up. After that forget it, now he was just a supporting role.  Have you heard their music???
night owl

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:39:47 am »

Would have to be Sir Paulie's Back In The USA concert two years ago. I also saw Ringo in concert twice that year, and while those were truly awesome concerts as well, Sir Paul's was by far the best. He gives an almost 3-hour concert non-stop either by himself on stage or with his band, note perfect, still in the same key ranges as when the songs were first recorded. I kept calling my sister on my cell phone so she could hear him, too. He played bass, guitar, acoustic, piano and ukele. He is truly amazing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: