AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 03:43:58 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff L's Repentance in SLO  (Read 7155 times)
Heide

Email
« on: February 21, 2003, 11:23:43 pm »

I just want to let everyone know that I met with Jeff  & Nancy L this past week. It was a time of questions and answers. I found Jeff to be sincere. Jack and Aaron went with me also Tim W.

I accept Jeff's apology and also he will be apologizing corporately for the letter that was read about me. That apology will occur on Sunday (Feb. 23 am). If anyone would like to go.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I do believe that the LB's of SLO did not know about the abuse until 1993. If anyone is willing to come forward and change my mind with evidence, I will accept it. In all of the documents that I have written I accused the SLO LB's of knowing about the abuse for 17 years, that is incorrect. My boo boo and I own up to it.

Heide
Heide

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 02:15:22 am »

Sunday, Feb. 23 Heide goes to the SLO meeting to hear Jeff's apology (don't ask why I am writing this in third person....)

Jeff gets up and says he is sorry that he called me a liar two years ago for the email that I sent out regarding Dave & Judy's abuse and why I was leaving. He also stated that I was not a slanderer and if they had listened to what I and other people who came forward told them about the abuse they might have been able to do something about it. But all in all he was sorry.

Great place to be until Roberto stood up! Roberto tried to justify what he had done and also to discredit what Jeff had said in his apology. I let Roberto finish what he had to say then lit into him. Yes, woman without a head covering spoke in a meeting! I was worried earlier that Roberto might try and ride in on the coat tails of Jeff's apology so I had a little heads up but was not prepared for this morning. Roberto got right in my face about wanting to take the original letter that had been written about my email ( you know the one they read at the assembly meeting to discredit you) and discuss it. However, I was upset and did not have my material in front of me and declined.

Thankfully Jack H went with me and we left the meeting before worship ever started. Thanks to Ray & Laura who were also there, your encouragement meant alot to me!
Rudy

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 02:50:26 am »

Heidi,

I'm glad you didn't go alone and had someone there to help and encourage.
Jeff seems sincere and that is great. The rest is a 'lamb in the midst of wolves'.  Cry

Rudy
BenJapheth
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 03:03:27 am »

Danny Edwards is also playing it straight these days...Don't call him a wolf.  Roberto is not a lost cause, either.  Slowly, but surely SLO is shaking some bad habits...It is tough and it is slow.  Bad habits die hard.

Grace...There's grace!

Heidi,

Jeff seems sincere and that is great. The rest is a 'lamb in the midst of wolves'.  Cry

Rudy

BenJapheth
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 03:20:32 am »

Here is a portion of some of Danny Edwards posts....

"The work came down like an old baseball stadium that was imploded in 30 seconds...We have brought great shame to the name of Jesus Christ in San Luis Obispo and so we see the need to be accountable to local leadership and go forward in humility...For me it has taken 1 ½ years for my relationship to drastically change with George, many out there did not experience what I did, so they need to be given even more space and let the Lord work and show them what to do...Each one of you were in fellowship for years, it took you time to see flaws and problems, sins and such....we acknowledge that the ‘big stick’ has hurt, but it was needed....Yes there is a lot of damage done in San Luis Obispo and the Holy Spirit is grieved for our sins and ways...we have already agreed to be accountable to the pastor of Calvary if he hears of any ways that are not in keeping with the unity of the Spirit, we will invite this from any of our brethren in this city."

Folks God is working!  God is working!

Heidi,

Rudy

Heide

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 06:13:37 am »

Before you boys start a fight, I don't believe that Rudy was calling Danny a wolf. However, I was thinking that Roberto looked awfully wolfy to me this morning. His actions were irresponsible and you can't deny it. Roberto must step up to the plate and take responsibility for his actions. He was there and played a part in what happened.

I have no qualm with Danny. I met him for the first time this morning as I was on my way out. He was sincere and shocked by what had happened.

Heide
Rudy

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 06:27:18 am »

Heidi,

Don't worry. Mr. Vanesse and myself are interacting in private.
I for one am not going to let this spill over into the public arena.

Rudy

P.S. - anybody see the movie w/ Jack Nickolson and Michele Pfeifer?  Grin
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 02:48:36 am »

I have also been wronged by Roberto.  I have yet to hear an apology.  One needs to ask: will I ever here an apology?

I pray that the people left in that SLO gathering will move on to healthy churches.  I pray that Roberto wold bear fruits of repentance.  God is able to accomplish these things.  I certainly can not! Cheesy
Heide

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 05:24:52 am »

Oh Eulaha,

I am so glad that you were not there on Sunday to witness Roberto's actions. I have thought about you often since then if it had been you and not me. Just know that some fruit (people) saw for the first time what we all have been talking about, there are wolves in your midst. I am still shaken by what transpired and will not meet with Roberto. Thankfully Brent is acting on my behalf and tonight will make known to Roberto that he is not to contact me. He called here on Monday night demanding to meet with me to discuss what happened on Sunday. There was no apology or humility.

If you can stand to open your bible read Luke 17:1-4 it really encouraged me.

Heide
BenJapheth
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2003, 09:36:28 pm »

Oh Eulaha, I am so glad that you were not there on Sunday to witness Roberto's actions. I have thought about you often since then if it had been you and not me. Just know that some fruit (people) saw for the first time what we all have been talking about, there are wolves in your midst. I am still shaken by what transpired and will not meet with Roberto. Thankfully Brent is acting on my behalf and tonight will make known to Roberto that he is not to contact me. He called here on Monday night demanding to meet with me to discuss what happened on Sunday. There was no apology or humility.

The Assembly in SLO No Longer Exists!
[/b]

Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 12:12:49 am »

Chuck...you're point being.....?  Huh
Tanya

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2003, 01:41:10 am »

When my husband told 2 of the L.B. in Sept 2000 that we would be leaving, Roberto was already at the fall seminar in Fullerton. The next morning, we got a phone call from Roberto.  As a "shepherd," was he genuinely concerned for our family? Was he sincere and really wondering what was happening?  No.  He said Aaron's actions were "immature & idiotic."  If we left the assembly, we would be "leaving the covering." If we left for financial reasons (which wasn't the case), that would be OK.  Any other reason would be sinful and we would be labeled as divisive.
   When Aaron got off the phone & told me these things, I was close to tears. That was the last we've heard from Roberto Sanchez in 2 1/2 years.  
     As with many--if not most--of us, this was hardly the first time one of the LB treated us with such harshness.  Since then, we've been happily fellowshiping elsewhere. I don't dwell on these unpleasant memories every day.        BUT...when I learn of Roberto's treatment towards Heide this past Sunday morning, it concerns me.  The SLO assembly can "cease to exist" but the mental conditioning & patterning remains, especially for leaders.
    Our prayers are for all of those formerly involved in the Geftakys ministry, especially in SLO. We were there for 10 years.  We  have many fond memories with some awesome brothers & sisters, many of whom we've reconnected with recently. BUT I would entreat each of us to pray for Roberto's repentance.
   On a sidenote, we have received a sincere apology from Kirk, Ray and Jeff. (Danny came to SLO after we moved.) We are expectant to see how God will heal & lead these dear men & their families. However, who has heard from Roberto?  Let's really pray for this man that the Lord will change his heart as we've seen happen so many times in the last few months.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: