AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 08:00:59 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surfin'  (Read 4358 times)
vernecarty
« on: June 01, 2005, 06:36:11 am »

Yipee!
The wireless network is up and running and I am surfing from my comfy hammock some fifty feet from my router!
128 bit (oops! I forgot I am in the U.S so legally make that 64 bit,  wink! wink!)  access encryption too so no freeloaders he! he! he!   Grin
I just love technology!!
Verne
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:49:31 am by VerneCarty » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:36:04 am »

Yipee!
The wireless network is up and running and I am surfing from my comfy hammock some fifty feet from my router!
128 bit  access encryption too so no freeloaders he! he! he!   Grin
I just love technology!!
Verne

Amazing to think what's at are fingue tips now compared to 10 years ago.
summer007

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 09:14:18 pm »

Looks like your really Stylin there Verne.........
grown up
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 06:25:32 am »

I am impressed. And I thought I had accomplished something by adding memory to my PC
vernecarty
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 08:36:58 am »

I am impressed. And I thought I had accomplished something by adding memory to my PC

I am an incorrigible procrastinator. I bought that Netgear wireless router almost one year ago because it was on sale for an unblievable price and had a rebate to boot ( I have literally lost several hundred dollars in rebates due to putting off sending in those silly coupons  Huh ).
I avoided setting it up as I knew I would have to spend the time to configure it as a secure network so we stayed with the wired LINKSYS all this time(actually the configuration was not as complicated as I anticipated).
My wife finally hinted that "it would be nice if"...you ladies know the tone doncha?
Well, I was smitten with guilt and got right to it finally.
Sometimes I am truly amazed at her patience... Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:38:52 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 10:12:16 pm »

Too much Verne. I had to route my Son's new Christmas computer last year I had bought everything for it and finally after hearing everyday " when are you going to hook-up my computer" I finally did it, and it was fairly easy, whalah! I can' believe I waited so long!  Summer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: