AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 12:05:24 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Church in Marshall  (Read 3228 times)
vbeers

Email
« on: June 26, 2003, 01:18:50 am »

Hi there.  Has anyone ever heard of or had any dealings with a group in Marshall, TX called The Church in Marshall?  I have a student who is involved in this "church" and it sounds similar to...God bless her...The GA.  

-v-
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 01:35:19 am »

VBeers -

The Church in Marshall...What an amazing coincedence!!!  When I was on a trip through the southwest about five years back, I actually attended a few meetings at what was called "The Church in Marshall"!

I was in that area of Texas for just under a week.  The first week I was there, I was minding my own business in the park and was approached by three men in three piece suits and was witnessed to. I ended up attending the Sunday Worship, The Tuesday Bible Study and the Thursday prayer meeting.  I had to leave before the outreach in the Marshall Square Park - which turned out to be a good thing.  

I too noticed many similarites between "The Church in Marshall" and the Assembly.  First, they had doorkeepers to that were very inquisitive and asked a lot of questions.  The main difference was that you had to know the bible verse (ie. password) of the day to gain admittance.  Lucky for me, the men in three piece suits had filled me in on what that password was.  Another similarity was that all of the women wore head coverings.  Strangely enough though, their head coverings were actually Texas Ranger hankercheifs.  It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen!

d3z

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 09:43:59 pm »

Just a guess from the form of the name, and the behavior--Local Church?  Did you get a glance at their songbook?  If it is the Local Church, they take the whole Sonship and inheritance thing even a step further.  Basically, the overcomers get to become the 4th member of the Godhead. http://www.localchurches.org/beliefs/index.html

Was the "password" needed to enter, or to partake?  It could also be a brethren variant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: