AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 12:48:50 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence for Matt  (Read 13258 times)
M2
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2003, 06:42:24 pm »

With regards to 'innocent' LBs.

Innocent or guilty, sincere or insincere, benevolent or unkind -- whatever the label, each one who remained till the day of GG's excommunication and beyond is deceived.

In the movie 'Les Miserables' (I have seen 2 excellent versions of this movie) the benevolent actions of the Roman Catholic priest had such an effect on Jean Val-Jean  that his life was a complete 'turn around' after that.

I see 2 things from this:
1. I will not be returning to the RC church after being saved out of it, just because there are some 'benevolent' priests.
2. Human beings have the capacity to show care and compassion even in a 'false religion' environment.

Matt Peeling and Luke Robinson this post is specifically for you.

Love and God bless,
Marcia Marinier
amycahill

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 09:47:18 pm »

The LBs made us feel that not going to the seminar was like not being "in fellowship".  In fact, just missing too many meetings meant you were well on your way down the road of perdition.  George's visits were treated almost like the apostle Paul were coming to visit.  There was extra invitation, and nobody would dare miss that meeting.

I've written this elsewhere, but due to problems I was having I was "in" and "out" of fellowship (basically, missing meetings.)  Finally, the leadership got fed up and put me on discipline.  Lucky me, huh?  Actually, it helped me because the extra burden of being REQUIRED to go to meetings that I wasn't ALLOWED to participate in broke me almost to the snapping point.  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: