AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 01:17:17 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy convocation in SF  (Read 5477 times)
Arthur
« on: January 17, 2003, 05:32:47 am »

So George got invited to go to SF this weekend for a holy convocation?  Anyone have any details on this?  
Why is Scott Testa taking a stand with George?  Is it because he has a good thing going and wants to try to preserve it?
Will the Giants ever win a World Series in my lifetime?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 01:19:13 pm by Arthur » Logged
trockman

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 10:03:22 am »

Hi Arthur

All the "details" are on the main website.  George is there, in SF, because in 35 years he has never said no.   Angry

Get this, he can't preach in Fullerton, but he can go to SF and preach, and then still partake in Fullerton!  Are these guys goofy or what?  AND....on top of that, because of his age, he gets to be supported!

To quote (mis-quote)the great PJ O'rourke,  "Giving money to the Assembly is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

I feel so sorry for these people.  I am reading over at genuinebeliever.com that this is a "great pruning work of God."  Shocked Shocked

They just don't get it! "God raised these Assemblies up.  I really believe that."  then, the next thought,  "We were all controlled by George.  We are not going to do that any more.  The Lord is showing us new things."  Amazing!

However, I do believe that many folks have got the big picture.  Pray that these sheep get some courage!

Thank you all for praying for Suzie and I.  I must say, though we are weary, we are together in this, and are standing with many other brethren in all of this.  I would say that the events of recent days are great, but really, we must keep in mind that in the overall scheme of Christianity in America, this hardly warrants a two line free add!  (we are important to one another, but have little effect on other Christians)

Brent
Lurker

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 10:12:49 am »

Hmmmm.....

Over here you all think the Assembly is going down.  But over at their place they say, "God is doing a pruning work."  Well, we shall see eh?

We have heard for years that God was perfecting His testimony.  If that was the case, why is He kicking out His number one servant?  Why are all the good guys leaving?

Still a Lurker.
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 01:29:34 pm »

Hi Brent,

Yes, I can only imagine that these people are confused.  I think I would be too, in their shoes.  You can't see things clearly until you leave.  After being fed poopie for so many years, how's a person supposed to know what pumpkin pie tastes like?  Any bit of info that comes in get tainted along the way.  And the leaders, esp. George, were untouchable--but now they are?  Very confusing indeed--unless you leave the system, take a step back and say, "oh, duh, no wonder."

Pruning work?  Funny, wasn't too long ago that I heard a message in the SLO group that said that God was getting rid of the dead branches, referring to those who had left.  Same gardener?

Arthur
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 02:13:40 pm by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 02:29:05 am »

I don't remember him teaching that.

Why is it Danny and Tim who are preaching at the Campus Conference?  What happened to Jim Hayman?
Jim Haan

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 09:03:33 am »

I guess George puts a new meaning into the word "CONvocation"  
moonflower
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 09:11:07 am »

LOL   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: