AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 05:18:18 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Tim Geftakys ever worked a real job?  (Read 11079 times)
David Mauldin
« on: February 04, 2003, 06:21:25 am »

Tim is working?!!!  My respect for him just increased 100%
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 11:06:25 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 09:54:36 am »

Dave,

I know Tim has worked before at a number of jobs. I worked with him at one. I'm not saying he worked for a long time or experienced "sanctification" the way you suggest but he did work.

Tim is working now also. Probably not what he'd like to be doing but he has a job and is pounding the pavement.

You might ask why I'm speaking up for Tim but just know that I want to be just and I want to attempt to be objective in all I share from now on here on this site. Tim is no angel but Tim is a brother. He is facing unbelievable contests and I for one am glad my name is not Geftakys. His name is Geftakys and his brother is David, his father is George and his mother is Betty. May the Lord have mercy on him.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 10:25:37 am »

Tony,

Yes, Loretta and I have talked about this very thing - wondering what it is like for Tim to have to start a new career in his early 50s.  He's a capable guy so I think he will find something, but it will not be easy.

-Dave

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 10:27:30 am »

Ex-ministers are good car salesman
David Mauldin
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 11:20:42 pm »

Tony You are right!  I would never want to trade places with Tim, I guess I am pretty angry at the fact that I was told to get "advice" about my lifes deciscions (ask permission)  from this guy.  Why? Tell me what (Until recently)  does he know about life?  The guy was given full charge of the house of prayer  (10 brothers)  when he was still in college.  He never has been fully responsible for his rent, car, cooking cleaning his home etc.... Now it looks like he's going to get his position back.  HEY GOD HOW COME Huh
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 11:37:21 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 11:37:51 pm »

Oh there's loads of reasons for anger. Tim is dodging arrows and stones probably on an hourly basis. I think we had an opportunity to address the proper way for him to react to these projectiles. The easiest ways, self justification and fatalism are not the correct ways. Each accusation MUST be taken seriously. I hope that the scars and callouses that are formed do not make him impenetrable.
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 12:13:52 am »

BTW the actualization of the statement "get his position back" must not be allowed. My belief is that the ones who have stepped down should not exercise leadership in any way. Tim insists that he is not starting or re-starting anything - in direct response to the home Bible study mentioned in a post. We shall be watching!

The way I'm interpreting resigning from leadership is that they are admitting serious failure for many years and the forfeiture of responsibility is absolute - no probationary period.

Any thoughts?
David Mauldin
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 10:38:03 pm »

Yes initially I thought so but after reading "who are The wolves" It looks like things haven't changed!  i think their admission that these things went on under "our" leadership disqualifys them from having it back.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 10:40:30 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 10:50:35 pm »

I'm not saying I believe this is what theymeant by resigning at all. I'm saying it's what I interpret as true resignation.

I would appreciate these guys not speaking at all, not exercising their life long habits of control regardless of how seemingly insignificant that may be. The problem right now is that they are obliged to speak because they are the principals in these recent events. Whether we believe them or not, we have to let them communicate the detials from their posiiton. Afterwards we can discount, dismiss, accept or process and argue if we wish.
David Mauldin
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 02:56:21 am »

Hi Tony, I was not aware that Tim is communicating with anyone at this time?  If so I am surprised because what I read in the wolves article.  At any rate i do not trust him becaus eI have yet to see him on this BB apologizing for all the junk he passed out and passed over these last twenty/thirty years!
accurate

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 02:57:38 am »

See...this is what I am talking about. Is this a fact.? it is not, Brent, are you going to remove this?

Hi Tony, I was not aware that Tim is communicating with anyone at this time?  If so I am surprised because what I read in the wolves article.  At any rate i do not trust him becaus eI have yet to see him on this BB apologizing for all the junk he passed out and passed over these last twenty/thirty years!
editor
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 03:03:30 am »

Dear Accurate

I immediately removed portions of that article, before your very intelligent posts appeared on this BB.  

You will also notice that I call for Tim to make a public declaration of where he stands.  I also asked him to tell me this in writing.

I am willing to do it, so are plenty of others.  why not Tim.

The article has already been updated, and so noted.

Again, what is not accurate?

Brent
compassionate

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 03:59:07 am »

i am sick of the attacks on Tim G. here. doesnt anyone realize the burden he is carrying. after all, he stood for truth in excommunicating his own dad. how many of us would have the guts to do that?
watch out for piranas here!
editor
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 04:02:06 am »

Poor Tim

He has really had it tough.  Does anyone else agree with me and compassionate?

Brent
BenJapheth
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 04:32:15 am »

Oh, hi Tim!  

i am sick of the attacks on Tim G. here. doesnt anyone realize the burden he is carrying. after all, he stood for truth in excommunicating his own dad. how many of us would have the guts to do that?
watch out for piranas here!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: