AssemblyBoard
May 15, 2024, 11:11:20 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Six Week Challange?  (Read 19847 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2003, 08:20:31 pm »

Has anyone here read the book"Jesus Freaks"?

I have Smiley
aguyoutthere

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2003, 03:26:57 am »

God can speak anywhere, eh?
editor
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2003, 03:29:22 am »

Topic Summary  
Posted by: aguyoutthere Posted on: Today at 05:26:57pm
God can speak anywhere, eh?  

Dear Aguyout

yes, He can.

Brent
freebird

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2003, 04:14:09 am »

Today, Sec. of State Colin Powell provided convincing evidence that Iraq was not in compliance with the UN resolutions.  What do you think the Iraq Spokesman said of it?  Lies and fabrications.

That's how many folks are that come to this bulletin board.  Everything was ok until GG fell.  Then, it was just GG and everything else is ok.  "Only GG had a problem." (even though you supported him)  

Brent suggested that many of you all take a step back and think real hard about what you are involved in.  And you want to jump on him.  He is trying to help.  He knows that assembly members that are die-hard are still affected by the mind games that went on there.  Brent is telling the truth.  

By the way, it is impossible to assign any credibility to a person without a name.
aguyoutthere

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2003, 07:41:26 pm »

God started many gatherings. they were deceived.  it is not up to us to decide if we should stop meeting, but to God. he has said stop to many, but brent seemed to be implying that everyone should stop. My problem with that is "What if God doesn't want these people to stop?" also, please don't assign any credibility to me, but listen to my words.

Dear AGuyout:

People in the Assembly can't find out the will of God, because they are so blind!  3 months ago, it was," The will of God," for you to read one of George's books, and travel for hours to hear him speak!"

If you people want to continue in your blindness, there is not much I, or anyone else can do for you.  Also, I am going to delete your account, if you post again without using your name!

Brent
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 08:15:31 pm by B. Trockman » Logged
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2003, 01:57:15 am »

FREE TO GO:  FREE TO STAY: UNCENSORED IN FULLERTON

I can see the rebuttals coming.  I don't view the 6 week thing as bad.
In fact if your perspective is I can't do that  - that's bad.

I'm still in Fullerton.  I can't and will not specifically speak about any other gatherings.  BUT, if  you still have they same leaders and they are doing the censure thing BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

I am attending some of the meetings.  I am attending the meetings that are addressing past issues.  I am going to Sunday Worship.  I see a glimmer of hope for Fullerton.  There is much that needs to happen.
But I see progress.  

I have the freedom to leave:  I am assured of that.  If God impresses upon my heart that I must leave, I will leave.  Tell then, no one is going
pressure me to go or to stay.

Why am I there?
1)  To direct others to the simplicity of Christ and the importance of knowing WHO and WHAT they belive and having the audicity to express their convictions.    I have had lots of opportunity to express my convictions.  Ah you say - your convictions have to be those of the  assembly party line.   Maybe.  But I am making an emphasis.  To the timid - speak up.  To the bold - listen - help those that are timid to express their opinions / convictions.

2)  To some measure to participate in the healing process.  People within and without need comfort.  They need Christ.  They need answers or should I say they need to know how to find answers on there own and take responsbility for them.

3)  To see if what God has shown me happens as a gathering.

Forgive the generality with which I speak.
I believe God is meeting me and answering many questions.
God's answers in such simplictiy.   Without going into detail, I believe
He has made in very clear to me what my relationship to Him,  brothers and sisters, my wife, work,  church leaders is to be and how they are to function.  So simple.  Obviously the controlling dynamic is to be love and humility but there are definite boundaries.  

I am waiting to see if this takes place in Fullerton.  There is much work.

So my 6 week thing - actually it will last longer - Has been asking God
to open my eyes "II cor 3:14-18".   I believe God will honor this promise.

Should you disagree with my reasons, logic, whatever - pray the above
verse for me.  Pray it for others.  All He asks is that I turn my heart to
Him.

One final thought.  If your only reason for staying somewhere is FEAR -
that isn't good.  If it is fear of not being fed - God will feed you apart from any other person or group.  

Hopeful and open in Fullerton

P.S  It is a shame for those with either real or imagined power to
bully others - especially those that are weak or timid.  Wordly companies do that.  

P.P.S   More and more I understand what is being said and why and is being said.

In His Love
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2003, 08:44:09 am »

Gary,
Are you encouraging anyone to read this site. That would be a huge step forward.

I know that they are not accessing this site. I know what Tim says about it. I feel for those who think it's too techy to access. I'm concerned about the younger more techno youth that are listening to the hype about web site =  gossip, etc.

From within at this point there needs to be a clear voice. I'm sure you can step up to this challenge.

Tony
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: