AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 06:46:20 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: assembly "urban legends"  (Read 20022 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 12:55:19 am »

I heard about the coffee enemas, but I never had one. When it is administered are you asked if you would like cream and sugar in the coffee?  Just curious. I did have a Frappuccino enema once and felt happy most of the day.

--Joe
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 01:01:23 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
lenore
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 01:02:07 am »

Smiley:
COFFEE ENEMA with sugar and milk:
Now that I dont know yet.

I heard it was boiled coffee, then cooled then administered.

As for being a help in the diet regime for a cure for cancer.

It was just the diet regime. It God who intervene on these poor people willing to subject themselves in faith, to this regime.

There is nothing wrong with chemo, radiation, and radical surgery , Many people are alive and well due to these medical procedures as well.

God gave these people  the knowledge to be doctors, radiologist, hemopathic physicians etc. To aid patients in need.
But it is God who should get the ultimate credit.

What I heard about 20 years ago. The inventor of the coffee enemas died, of bowel cancer.  I dont know if this is fact or ficton, but it made me wonder about the cure all of this procedure.

Just thinking out loud.

Lenore
summer007

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 03:42:55 am »

Shin, Yes, you are Bad, but I forgive you. Speaking of Doilies they were really head-coverings you know. Showing subjection. If you did'nt wear one you can only guess what would of happened. My first Sunday "All Day for the Lord" I brought a Hat. Now I did'nt realize it was really All Day I thought after lunch we'd be going home. I was invited by this Sister who drove. I remember telling her it was too long and I'd wait for her in the Park by City Hall where we had lunch. Somehow she talked me into going for the afternoon (burn-out meeting) GG was preaching on Daniel and Prophecy was one of my favorite subjects. I did wear the Hat for awhile I think they all got a kick out of it. I was'nt going to wear the 'catholic headcovering' thing it was really weird to me. But soon I realized either comply or leave it would of been an obvious sign of rebellion. Its still perplexing to me that I stayed or ever got involved for as long as I did.
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2004, 07:54:58 am »

All:

I didn't realize that bringing up urban legends would open up this big a can of worms!  But I doubt that worms like coffee in any orifice.

I believe that Betty and George (last that I know) are doing the Zone, which is far saner than anything else I saw as far as diets.

I escaped most if not of all of the weirdness regarding fad diets in the homes I lived in.  Sometimes I would sit side by side with weirdness in other brothers, two of whom in one home I lived in had their own self-starting enema/waterbottle/cleansing project going.  They would even occasionally discuss the results of their endeavors in front of myself and our other roommate,  but these young men actually were concerned about their digestive systems.  This did not appear to be Betty-induced.   Eventually they gave it up (or, at least, gave up talking about it).  

Matt
shinchy

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2004, 07:57:27 am »

Summer, mea culpa. Sorry, I can really be bad at times.  However, there were also dress code issues for the brothers. I had a couple of talkings to concerning my clothes. One was about wearing shorts to the Bible Studies. A no-no. Another was when I wore a pair of Birkenstock sandals along with my shirt, tie, and slacks.
Margaret

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2004, 08:15:52 am »

Having been a reluctant inductee into the Gerson club, my suspicion is that it had more to do with Betty gaining greater contact and therefore control over the victim and those in the victim's sphere of influence.  

Because we could provide her with a strict Gerson lunch and kosher juices to boot, she came every Wed. for a three-hour indoctrination session, with inquiries into how our house was run, & proper consequences, what we all we ate, the brothers' schedules, how we paid the bills; how our children were doing and how we were training them, & how it should be done with proper amount of stewardships & consequences; the ministries we were involved in, & proper load of responsibilites, meetings for them, &consequences;how we were "counseling" people, proper application of the cross, & proper consequences.... etc.  (Sorry for going on and on - I just couldn't resist venting.)

I think that was the main reason why she counseled people do to the Gerson therapy, not really for health reasons.  As Dave Sable said, it was originally intended as an alternative cancer therapy, especially for terminal cases where there were no further medical options.

But speaking of urban legends, I've heard something about people zapping themselves??

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2004, 09:09:37 am »

Hi.  My name is Ferndon an al said I can post from his terminal until mine gets back from the shop.

I have some news for some of you about the things on this topic..

First, Matthew is mistaken about worms not liking coffee.  Coffee grounds make really great garden compost & the worms loveit.  The worms in my garden get so jazzd on the caffine that they practice martial arts.  (Their little "HI-YA"s wake me up some mornings.)  The other day I went outside to ask them to keep it down, & their sensei flipped me the early bird.

For those who aren't aware, a sister from a West Coast assembly is suing the McDonald's Corp. for millions of $$'s, claiming to have been scalded by a coffee enema.  McD's is countersuing, claiming that she had no business doing that & holding up traffic at the drive-thru.

Attention, Delila:  Some American assembly members take Coca Cola enemas for breakfast.  It's usually only the ones who use cold leftover pizza for a facial scrub & exfoliator.

Well thanks.  It was fun to be here.  An special thanks to al for the use of his keyboard-- Ain't he a great guy folks!

Ferndon
shinchy

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 01:42:13 pm »

Summer, mea culpa. Sorry, I can really be bad at times.  However, there were also dress code issues for the brothers. I had a couple of talkings to concerning my clothes. One was about wearing shorts to the Bible Studies. A no-no. Another was when I wore a pair of Birkenstock sandals along with my shirt, tie, and slacks.

Just this past Sunday morning I looked around at how people were dressed for worship and thought that every rule in the assembly dress code book was broken by almost each and every individual there.  Maybe around 400 people were present at the time.  Shin, if you ever in Ottawa Ontario Canada make sure you bring your Birkenstock sandals with you, and I will take you to a place of worship where you will feel 'comfortable'.

Lord bless,
Marcia

Thanks, Marcia. That's a generous offer.

Last year, I've been to a lot of services at a Catholic church because I was being supportive of a friend who converted to that faith, and so many Assembly rules would have been broken there too, starting with the absence of head coverings to no ties.
delila

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2004, 09:14:27 pm »

The best of therapy is to laugh

I really must try the pizza facial scrub

But Coke, I hear it's only really good for taking the rust off old nails, or was it dissolving nails completely?  I swore off pop of any kind in early high school (before the assembly) as it gives me gas (like Archy Bunker)
delila
David Mauldin
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 09:48:12 am »

Every Sunday afternoon I drive by Mark Millers house.  He lives down the street from my church.  I can'thelp but notice him working on his cars motorcycle etc... Did he stop going to the assembly meetings? How about Tim Geftakys?  Others??
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 09:56:35 am »

Every Sunday afternoon I drive by Mark Millers house.  He lives down the street from my church.  I can'thelp but notice him working on his cars motorcycle etc... Did he stop going to the assembly meetings? How about Tim Geftakys?  Others??

David,

No hidden meaning in this question, just sheer curiosity:  Why did you choose the "Urban Legends thread for this particular post?

And a suggestion:  Allow yourself a few extra minutes & stop by Mark's and ask him...  Let us know what he says.

al

David Mauldin
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2004, 10:23:47 am »

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I am afraid to confront Mark.  I might say some bad things like "Why did you treat me so disrespectfully?"  
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 10:50:26 am »

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I am afraid to confront Mark.  I might say some bad things like "Why did you treat me so disrespectfully?"  

David,

I understand.  But, who knows??--  You might find it therapeutic!?  Even if not now, perhaps someday...

al

outdeep

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 05:46:30 pm »

When we were out in California, we stopped by and saw Diane.  Mark was not there as it was during the day.  The Zachs were living there temporarily (they sold their house) and were preparing to move back to Nebraska.  It seems that several folks were gravitating towards Evangelical Free church in La Mirada.  The Kehoes, Zachs, and others went there.  I think the Millers went on occasion as well.

The Fullerton gathering is run in such a way in that there does not seem to be a lot of pressure to stay or leave.  
summer007

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2004, 07:04:43 pm »

I'm sure Arthur's going to want to Rush right over to say Goodbye to Rod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: