AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 01:14:48 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack Lalanne 90 Years Young  (Read 6808 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:47:59 pm »

Jack Lalanne spoke at a public event last Thursday here in Anahiem. I remember Jack when I was 5 years old. He had a morning exercise program where he would pogo around in his blue jumpsuit. "O.K. he we go!" "one and two" "one and two" He must have been fifty or so because now he's ninety!  He's still in great shape!  He carries himself around like he's ready to hike Yosemite. His eyes are clear and he is still very articulate. To watch him you can't help but get the impression that he is in love with life itself! He probably still has an active sex life!!! (quite a contrast to the thousands of convalecant home residents I have worked with over the years.) I find him very inspireing.  He gave a lecture about how over half of Californians are either overweight or obese!  (I think obese is 25 + pounds over?) He challenged people to do 30 minutes of exercise three times a week.  Hey, how about you!  What are you doing to stay/get into shape???

http://premierespeakers.com/1338/index.cfm
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:51:38 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
outdeep

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 01:44:13 am »

Jack Lalanne spoke at a public event last Thursday here in Anahiem. I remember Jack when I was 5 years old. He had a morning exercise program where he would pogo around in his blue jumpsuit. "O.K. he we go!" "one and two" "one and two" He must have been fifty or so because now he's ninety!  He's still in great shape!  He carries himself around like he's ready to hike Yosemite. His eyes are clear and he is still very articulate. To watch him you can't help but get the impression that he is in love with life itself! He probably still has an active sex life!!! (quite a contrast to the thousands of convalecant home residents I have worked with over the years.) I find him very inspireing.  He gave a lecture about how over half of Californians are either overweight or obese!  (I think obese is 25 + pounds over?) He challenged people to do 30 minutes of exercise three times a week.  Hey, how about you!  What are you doing to stay/get into shape???

http://premierespeakers.com/1338/index.cfm
I heard he doesn't deviate from a very strict diet even on Thansgiving.  It brings up the point that maybe its worth giving up a few years in order to have some indulgent enjoyments.

As for the sex life of the thousands of convalecant home residents - probably a mental image suggestion I could have done without  Tongue.
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 02:06:01 am »

Sorry, I didn't even consider the residents as having one! 

Dave do you exercise?Huh   I know I hit on this subject a lot but to be honest with you it is a struggle for me. I try my best to keep motivated, inspired, I try to work out everyday-If I miss a day I feel like #$%*. A year ago I was 205 # with a spare tire. Even with all the hiking, biking ball playing I did I was still overweight and looked the worst I ever have. So I dropped 30 # and now run everyday. I work out with the machines and would love to get a six pack.  (The stomach kind!) Didn't Paul liken the spiritual life to body building?  It is true!  Backsliding is a constant temptation!  Getting soft, lazy is my natural bend. So I have to constatntly pump myself up!  So what do you do?Huh 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 04:40:33 am by David Mauldin » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 05:56:49 am »

As for the sex life of the thousands of convalecant home residents - probably a mental image suggestion I could have done without  Tongue.

.....until you get to be that age....... Wink
David Mauldin
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:14:50 am »

Moonflower, since Dave brought it up I am curious?  I wonder if Kinsey ever did a study on the sex lives of people over 60, 70, 80, 90?Huh    Doesn't the Bible suggest that Abraham and Sarah were foolin around at a good ripe age???
Oscar

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:15:44 pm »

Moonflower, since Dave brought it up I am curious?  I wonder if Kinsey ever did a study on the sex lives of people over 60, 70, 80, 90?Huh    Doesn't the Bible suggest that Abraham and Sarah were foolin around at a good ripe age???

David,

Kinsey did his "research" among prisoners.  This puts many of his claimed results in question since his research subjects were selected from a very small and very non-typical part of the total population.

Not many prisoners survive to the ripe old ages you list.

Thomas Maddux
David Mauldin
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 10:59:34 pm »

Jack was on "Praise the Lord" (TBN) last night!  (I was flippin through the channels!)He preached a sermon on "If God didn't make it don't eat it!"  He also threw in his testimony, "I asked God to save me from junk food!" (I never heard it quite like that before!) Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:03:16 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 09:53:52 am »

Worked with a 70 year old patient today. He drank 6 beers everyday and smoked his whole life. He looks like death warmed over. He has no real ability to do anything. He is way past the point where he could turn his health around. It doesn't have to be this way but so many people just let themselves go! Couldn't help but think about Jack. Staying in shape is just an hour three times a week. The quality of life is well worth the effort!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:58:32 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: