AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 05:14:49 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE  (Read 32557 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 06:08:29 am »

Here, here!

--
lucas
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 06:24:40 am »

WHY DO YOU KEEP LOCKING PEOPLE OUT WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN WHAT IS THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD???  

We'll let you post here all you want, as long as you say something.  To date, all you have done is post stats, over and over and over, with the occasional repetitive posting of verses, over and over and over and over....ad nasuem.

. . . So, golden, please offer us something substantive to consider.  You'll find most of us reasonable listeners if you give us something to which to listen.  None of us are mind readers-- we don't know what you see in a verse or a statistic unless you tell us.
     Maybe you could start with why you want to be called golden?  We're listening...

al

Yeah, the problem is we've been down this road with golden before. Several times.

He was banned for very legitimate reasons after numerous pleas to offer something substantive. Sneaking back on and complaining about it does not count as anything substantive enough that all of sudden he makes a point. Roll Eyes

Actually, golden has been treated with an incredible amount of patience. Asked to offer his opinions. Asked to offer a rebuttal to others' opinions. Asked to share his story. Asked politely to stop flooding.

Personally, I would not post anywhere I was banned. That's kind of like returning to a party where you were just tossed out. I've seen that happen a few times in the "real" world. Golden's lucky Brent has been a very patient, even-tempered host.

Scott
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 07:00:57 am »

What we need is a good flame-war

--
lucas Roll Eyes
editor
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2004, 07:28:53 am »

What we need is a good flame-war

--
lucas Roll Eyes

Uh...what's a flame war? I thought we already had plenty of that here?  Do we really need another one, or do I not understand what one is?

For the record, golden was coaxed to share something other than the stats, which he was incrediblyadept at.

I view him as a sort of idiot-savant.  On the one hand, he is obviously retarded, but on the other he demonstrates an advanced, superhuman ability to post the stats he copies from the website.

He's getting another chance.  If he can communicate in a rudimentary sort of way, he can post here.  As for the stats, none of us can really grasp the significance of that, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Golden, please say something.  Verbally abuse me, tell lies, implore us to be more Christ-like, anything!

Please?

Brent
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2004, 08:07:00 am »

Rather offensive but slightly relevant  Shocked

http://www.forceboy.com/images/retarded.jpg

--
lucas
editor
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 10:32:46 am »

--
lucas

Lucas,

I have twin down syndrome nephews.  That link is in bad taste, my friend.  You and I both know you are better than that.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 05:37:54 pm »

Yeah, the problem is we've been down this road with golden before. Several times.

Scott

When it comes to guys like Golden am I just impatient or are people too gullible??!!
Man life is waaaayyy too short...!
Verne
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 06:07:08 pm by vernecarty » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 08:27:26 pm »

When it comes to guys like Golden am I just impatient or are people too gullible??!!
Man life is waaaayyy too short...!
Verne

I am finding that it is possible to proceed with life despite the goldens.  Patience does not necessarily equate to gullibility.

Personally, I'm still waiting for evidence that golden is a "guy," as is apparently perceived by the majority. Huh Grin

al Wink

jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 09:59:00 pm »

--
lucas

Lucas,

I have twin down syndrome nephews.  That link is in bad taste, my friend.  You and I both know you are better than that.

Brent

I did claim it to be offensive, but I would indeed agree it was in bad taste.

--
lucas
editor
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 10:45:24 pm »

--
lucas

Lucas,

Brent

I did claim it to be offensive, but I would indeed agree it was in bad taste.

--
lucas

Right on both counts
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 10:47:27 pm »

Lucas---

You should no better than to post something like that on the BB. What, are you retarded or something?

oops---sorry guys. Grin

--Joe
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 10:47:56 pm by Joe Sperling » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 11:05:15 pm »

Joe, did you forget to recite your selfers prayer this morning ? Shame on you  !
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 11:13:25 pm »

I have an autistic granddaughter and a down syndrome nephew.
     Let's move on.

Thanks,
al

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2004, 12:08:31 am »

You're right--let's change the subject.

What do you do if someone has an epileptic fit in the bathtub?

Throw in some detergent and your dirty laundry.

oops. sorry. Ok Ok I'm headed to the room now to do more of the Selfer's prayer.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2004, 12:27:04 am »

wow.....I dont know what to say to that one  Shocked

(anyone else find the title of this thread ironic?)

--
lucas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: