AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 01:37:35 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE  (Read 32549 times)
lockedoutgolden

Email
« on: January 16, 2004, 06:25:26 am »

WHY DO YOU KEEP LOCKING PEOPLE OUT WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN WHAT IS THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD???  
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 06:29:14 am »

WHY DO YOU KEEP LOCKING PEOPLE OUT WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN WHAT IS THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD???  

Just the doofuses.

Welcome back, Doofus!

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 06:37:50 am »

¡Buenas tardes!  ¡Cómo estás!
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 07:07:58 am »

Hello Friends,

Burt O'Leary here. I'm branching out and I want you all to benefit too!! Do you love statistics? I do!! So I started my own website just for lovers of statistics:

www.doofus.com

Do you want to know what ten people in Mt. Prarie Virginia bought the most dog food in March??
then go to     www.doofus.com

What ten people in Chester VT. returned the most clothing duing the third week in July?
then go to   www.doofus.com

Do you want to know what people have one leg shorter than another, and also are hard of hearing in the town of Two Rivers Iowa?
Then go to www.doofus.com.

Be the only person on your block that knows how many Andy Gump outhouses sit in Wilma P. Storker Park at Mason and Williamsburg, in the borrough of Hoppspalow, Nova Scotia---visit  www.doofus.com !!!

Don't miss out!!! Visit today!!! Don't be statistically challenged. You'll be glad you did, or my name's not Burt O'Leary.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 07:12:35 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 07:12:07 am »

Hello Friends,

Burt O'Leary here. I'm branching out and I want you all to benefit too!! Do you love statistics? I do!! So I started my own website just for lovers of statistics:

www.doofus.com

Do you want to know what ten people in Mt. Prarie Virginia bought the most dog food in March??
then go to     www.doofus.com

What ten people in Chester VT. returned the most clothing duing the third week in July?
then go to   www.doofus.com

Do you want to know what people have one leg shorter than another, and also are hard of hearing in the town of Two Rivers Iowa?
Then go to www.doofus.com

If you love statistics, then you'll love www.doofus.com---never feel "locked out" again.

Be the only person on your block that knows how many Andy Gump outhouses sit in Wilma P. Storker Park at Mason and Williamsburg, in the borrough of Hoppspalow, Nova Scotia---visit  www.doofus.com !!!

Don't miss out!!! Visit today!!! Don't be statistically challenged. You'll be glad you did, or my name's not Burt O'Leary.

Um, Burt, I went to www.doofus.com and it's still under construction. What gives!

How about some stats on how many people want their money back!

Scott
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 07:17:43 am »

Do you want to know how many Websites are listed but when you go to visit are still under construction??

Then visit  www.doofus.com.
editor
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 07:31:41 am »

We'll let you post here all you want, as long as you say something.  To date, all you have done is post stats, over and over and over, with the occasional repetitive posting of verses, over and over and over and over....ad nasuem.

I'll give you one more chance.  String a few sentences together that demonstrate a rudimentary attempt at communication, and a first grade or above level of intelligence, and you are a welcome member of the community.

If you fail to make the grade, you can probably find another BB to post stats on.

I'll be the judge of whether or not you merit posting priviledges on this board.  

Brent
M2
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 08:42:13 am »

I have not heard or seen 'The Argument Clinic', but the kids talk about it at school. So almost every evening we hear a condensed version of the Argument Clinic, British accent and all, at the supper table.

I'm here for an argument.
No you're not.
Yes, I am.
No you're not.
Yes I am.
You #@%& idiot!
That's not an argument.
Oh sorry that was abuse.
I'm here for an argument.
No you're not.
Oh yes I am.
That's a contradiction.
No its not.
 Cool

Marcia
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 10:48:40 am »

How about a link:

http://www.unco.edu/philosophy/python.html
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 08:17:03 pm »

that link is great!  You know........if you think about it, that was a lot like being in the assembly.......with a whole lot more humor Grin!

I don't know about you, but I would have arguments with myself all the time like that.

"He didn't just say that man was born on the 7th day, did he?"  

"Yep, he did."  

"No, that couldn't be.  I mean, even we agree with 'mainstream christianity' that man was born on the 6th day, right."

"Nope.  GG has spoken.  Kind of makes you think doesn't it?"

"Yeah but, I don't think I agree with this 7th day creation thing."

"Yeah you do.  GG said it up there at the seminar.  You believe it."

"I don't know............I'm kind of questioning.  UHHHHH.  NO!  Not questioning. I better go talk to Bleep and Bleep about this."

Me to Bleep, "Did you hear what I heard at the seminar?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know, that 7th day creation thing."

"Oh that.........that really wasn't anything."

"Yes it was."

"No it wasn't.  I mean GG is an apostle, a great, progressive thinker........just don't think about it.  Just consider it a wonderful, new thought that just wows the mind."

You get the picture!

This is why Golden (aka LockedoutGolden) is so good at the "argument" thing.  You don't really have to engage in a dialogue/argument.  Just throw em off track with a little scripture reciting and stats that will do the arguing for you.... not! Roll Eyes

After a decade of this, I really was going crazy.  And I mean really, crazy.  I went to the doctor and said, "Doctor, I'm going crazy, am I pre-menopausal or something (age 35 at the time)?"  The doctor responded,  "Nope, just crazy, here you can take this medicine (prozac) to take the crazy feelings away."  

I didn't choose to medicate myself.  I knew I needed to deal with the craziness.  Interesting.........the craziness left when I left the assembly! Grin
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 08:25:53 pm by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 01:29:58 am »

This part of the dialog reminds me of the assembly:

"It's being-hit-on-the-head lessons in here."

The leading brothers would say, "We're sorry, you didn't say ouch the right way: we can't accept that!"

So someone comes up to you and says, "I'm going to lie to your face, rip you off, live in lechery, pretend that I am worthy to lead you, act with an air of arrogance lording it over you, and all the while make you feel good about it."
Then do you say, "OK!  please sir can I have another?"

The short-comings of human nature astound me.  The fact that I am one of them is disheartening.  But the fact that God loves us, is for us, bears with us and helps us in our weakness is cause for great joy.
Let us be grateful and pay attention to the warnings of the One who so cares for our souls.

II Cor 11:19-20
For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.  For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 02:34:46 am »

Just the doofuses.

Welcome back, Doofus!

Scott,

Shouldn't "Just the doofuses" be "Just the doofusi"?

Thomas
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 02:38:41 am »

Just the doofuses.

Welcome back, Doofus!

Scott,

Thomas

Only in Texas! I'm a damn Yankee! Wink

Scott
vernecarty
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 03:19:39 am »

Just the doofuses.

Welcome back, Doofus!

Scott,

Thomas

More precisely Tom: Doofi (rhymes with goofy)
Verne
ps. The Genitive case would of course be Doofae... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 05:33:33 pm by vernecarty » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 05:48:11 am »

We'll let you post here all you want, as long as you say something.  To date, all you have done is post stats, over and over and over, with the occasional repetitive posting of verses, over and over and over and over....ad nasuem.

Now, Brent, you know that the last thing I would ever do is disagree with you! Roll Eyes  But I really must take exception to your statement, above.
     On both of golden's most recent reappearances (as lockedoutgolden), there has been neither repetetive posting of stats nor of scripture verses.  Rather there has been the clear and simple griping about the way things are done hereabouts.

The accusation that this venue is guilty of "LOCKING PEOPLE OUT WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN WHAT IS THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD" may not be entirely without merit...
     As one who at one time was in direct conflict with a number of this board's primary posters (but was never locked out), I would like to hear from golden exactly what the "majority opinions" here are perceived to be, with referenced examples.

It would be fair to say that a majority opinion here is that Jesus Christ is mankind's only access to God, but this board has hosted, and welcomed, the regular postings of some who claim to no longer believe in Christ.
     It has been generally agreed upon by most posters that the Geftakys' teachings regarding the nature of salvation, sanctification, government, worship and a long list of other topics has varied from erroneous to heretical to evil.  Yet those who defend the assembly movement's leaders have posted here (not uncontested, but unhindered), unless and until they became abusive.

I am reminded of protesters picketing with signs and chants and shouted slogans until a TV reporter shoves a microphone un front of one and asks what the protest is all about.  It is easy to hide in a crowd and pretend to have major concerns, but another matter entirely to stand alone and state your case.

So, golden, please offer us something substantive to consider.  You'll find most of us reasonable listeners if you give us something to which to listen.  None of us are mind readers-- we don't know what you see in a verse or a statistic unless you tell us.
     Maybe you could start with why you want to be called golden?  We're listening...

al

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: