AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 03:09:29 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: INFLAMMATORY  (Read 13304 times)
Mark Kisla
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 11:09:11 pm »

[quote author=amycahill   I brought it up, not because I don't believe in or wish to defend my faith, Catholicism, but because I believed my point about George twisting Catholicism was a valid point that needed to be made even at cost to myself.  

And again, no one has smacked ME -- I am truly grateful for that!!! Smiley

Hi Amy,
I responded to your original post because I was raised in a devout Catholic family and have many good Catholic friends, so doctrine was/is a lively subject.
 I failed in my response to stick to your point about George.
I would agree that there was a Pope George and a Geftakolic church.
 I remember a meeting where George was hammering on the Pope and mocking the traditional foot washing service where the Pope would symbolicly wash a poor mans feet and how the  Pontiffs pride would never allow him to wash one of his potential succesors feet. When  George  got busted for immorality you would think that him being "the Lords Servant" he would have humbled himself and put himself under the loving discipline of those he appointed. He didn't.

Mark K
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:11:21 pm by Mark Kisla » Logged
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 11:35:45 pm »

I remember a meeting where George was hammering on the Pope and mocking the traditional foot washing service where the Pope would symbolicly wash a poor mans feet and how the  Pontiffs pride would never allow him to wash one of his potential succesors feet.

The recipient of footrubs mocked a recipient of foot-washings.

Ahh, the irony.

Jack Grin
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:37:20 pm by Jack Hutchinson » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 11:45:49 pm »

And again, no one has smacked ME -- I am truly grateful for that!!! Smiley

Why Amy! Do you realise the kind of damage you are doing to our hard-earned, oft-referred-to reputation of being nothing, but a bunch of vengeful, spiteful, hate-filled, blood-thirsty, bitter, unforgiving...but you get the message.
You are going to have to start saying some really nasty things about us if we are going to properly maintain that reputation... Smiley
Verne

p.s Hey Burt....what's the loot for position numero tres? eh amigo?  Grin
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 11:00:59 pm by vernecarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 11:54:36 pm »

I remember a meeting where George was hammering on the Pope and mocking the traditional foot washing service where the Pope would symbolicly wash a poor mans feet and how the  Pontiffs pride would never allow him to wash one of his potential succesors feet.

The recipient of footrubs mocked a recipient of foot-washings.

Ahh, the irony.Grin

Jack

Ah, it is amazing irony.  George, and especially David, always let the cat out of the bag, with regard to their personal lives, by how they railed on others.

George's railing on the Catholic Church, etc. is but one aspect of this.  As Amy pointed out so well, the similarities are striking, in virtually every area.  

Notice the scandal that surrounds the Catholic Church, due to the gross immorality of a number of priests.  Interesting, eh?  

Here is what really breaks my heart.  The people who are clinging to George, and to a lesser extent the people who are defending and apologizing for the Assembly system(those currently in Assembies) are going to be in for a rude awakening when the next shoe drops.  If it was hard for those who were roused from their stupor this year, think how hard it will be for those who are still "trusting The Lord," and following George, or Scott Testa, et al.

What will they think when they realize that they have been doubly lied to?

On the other hand,  I wonder how many people have read about Jonestown, or the Branch Davidians?  Do you realize that these groups started off just slightly off base, and underwent scandals, etc. until only the "faithful," were left?

Read Rick Ross's website, about all the other groups that were just like the Assembly.  The vast majority of them have more and more revelations about just how filthy they are come out.  The Assembly is no different at all.

As I said in May of 2001, "This is nothing more than a classic recipe for disaster, and it will surely lead to disaster as it has is the past with many other groups that have similar practices"  Taken from this article: http://geftakysassembly.com/Articles/TeachingPractice/HeavenlyVision.htm

If the Catholics aren't immune why should the Assembly be?  Leaven really does leaven,  sin really does destroy.  Believe it.

Of course, the money changers weren't happy when Jesus turned the tables on them.  They plotted against Him from then on.  Notice how the Pharisee's ended?

Why should it be any different now.  Birds of a feather flock together.  History always repeats itself, because we are too stupid and proud to pay attention to the facts.

We need to pray for George's repentance/salvation, however you want to look at it.  Wouldn't it be amazing if George himself led his own captives free?  I honestly don't see much hope in any other avenue.

Brent
amycahill

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 08:08:27 pm »

Here is what really breaks my heart.  The people who are clinging to George, and to a lesser extent the people who are defending and apologizing for the Assembly system(those currently in Assembies) are going to be in for a rude awakening when the next shoe drops.  If it was hard for those who were roused from their stupor this year, think how hard it will be for those who are still "trusting The Lord," and following George, or Scott Testa, et al.

What will they think when they realize that they have been doubly lied to?

I think your concept (which I agree with) about The Assemblies becoming more cult-like as they are purged of healthy people, is apt.

And quite scary.

But, I just wanted to let you know that, because I can no longer follow George, I am now a Brentaholic.

Smiley

Amy
vernecarty
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 10:59:10 pm »

But, I just wanted to let you know that, because I can no longer follow George, I am now a Brentaholic.

Smiley

Amy

Brentaholic hmmnnnn...! So what does that make the rest of us?   BRENTAMORPHS?  Grin
Verne
amycahill

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2003, 02:24:34 am »

Brentaholic hmmnnnn...! So what does that make the rest of us?   BRENTAMORPHS?  Grin
Verne
Didn't you know?  We are all Brent.

Amy  Wink
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2003, 12:35:39 pm »

Verne
Didn't you know?  We are all Brent.

Amy  Wink

ShockedIt's gonna be crowded on the boat!!! Grin

golden

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2003, 11:00:46 pm »

Isaiah 29
20   For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21   That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22   Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23   But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24   They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: