AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 03:21:55 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Nebraska  (Read 48277 times)

Email
« on: January 31, 2003, 02:21:47 am »

It is my understanding that the saints in Nebraska have been hearing the following: the people who leave the assembly will not be able to stand in the persecution.
This is not only unscriptural, but it is propaganda and crowd control.  Dear people in Nebraska, read your bibles.  The assembly is not the only place where Christians stand, overcome, love God, believe in His word. Beware of leaders who subtly or blatantly tell you different. The pressure you feel should be from the Holy Spirit not from assembly leadership.

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 02:32:58 am »

Some think or thought so, but in light of what's been happening, I think it is fairly obvious that he is just "company man".  What did he know about David and Judy? Nebraska saints, ask him. Then ask him again.
another guest

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 02:38:41 am »

Simple reminder
   - get it from the mouth of 2 or 3 or more
   - don't take your news as fact from an anonymous source (including me!)
   - I would guess there's enuff intelligence in NE, that if that's being said, MANY will bolt (these aren't little children)
   - I would encourage any: inquire personally
retread

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 02:47:57 am »

It is my understanding that the saints in Nebraska have been hearing the following: the people who leave the assembly will not be able to stand in the persecution.
This is not only unscriptural, but it is propaganda and crowd control.  Dear people in Nebraska, read your bibles.  The assembly is not the only place where Christians stand, overcome, love God, believe in His word. Beware of leaders who subtly or blatantly tell you different. The pressure you feel should be from the Holy Spirit not from assembly leadership.
Wow, if this is true, it is very scary. It appears that their leadership feels that they are backed into a corner, and may do anything to protect themselves.  The "anything" part is what I worry about.  Hopefully the saints in Nebraska are not so brainwashed into following a man, that they would see what is happening through the obvious actions of the leadership.  Look at what these men are saying, and look at what these men are doing, and ask yourself if you want to be followers of these "men".
guess not

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 02:51:49 am »

Yup...."If this is true"....is the key to the rest of your opinion..better call the folks in NE to find out..,..oh but can't do that, anyone who still there is involved in a cover up!

Wow, if this is true, it is very scary. It appears that their leadership feels that they are backed into a corner, and may do anything to protect themselves.  The "anything" part is what I worry about.  Hopefully the saints in Nebraska are not so brainwashed into following a man, that they would see what is happening through the obvious actions of the leadership.  Look at what these men are saying, and look at what these men are doing, and ask yourself if you want to be followers of these "men".
editor
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 03:05:09 am »

The best advice on this thread is to get 2 or 3 witnesses.

Well, that has been my modus operandi for two years.  What follows is true:

This is exactly what is being said in Nebraska,  "The way we respond to this is the way we will respond in the great persecution."  This is a direct quote from  Mike Zach.

HOGWASH!  "This" is not persecution, but judgement!  George and his house are reaping what they have sown.  Sow to the flesh and reap corruption.  Simple.

"Mike, has any of this gone on in Omaha?"  "No it hasn't."  Zach turns to Sjogren, "Has it?" Sjogren shakes his head, "Nope."

Testa, "These are the last days, many are falling away."  (That's all of you)

David Koresh,  "The Lord told me we are all going to go out in a blaze of glory.  This is the end, the great persecution has come."

Dear Friends....Think for Yourselves!  Don't let these men, who are so wise they couldn't see what kind of man George was(or perhaps they could?) have any control over your lives!  Let Jesus Christ have the pre-eminece in everything!

Brent
another guest

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 03:57:14 am »

Amen!  Think for Yourselves!  Let Jesus Christ have the pre-eminence in everything!  Trust Him for all things!

Regarding this statement below - what is the context?  What is the "this" in "The way we respond to this..."?

Is it the despicable evil that was hidden in our midst?  Or is it implying that this web site is completely evil & all postings on it are wrong?  To the first I say, "amen - purge out evil, distance yourself, stay pure, seek justice, etc."; but to the second I say: "no way!”  What’s happening today is not persecution; it is judgment.  But when persecution or judgment happens, should we run away from "bad men" or from "church"?  Obviously, bad men, false prophets, etc.

Does that make sense?  Not a Clinton-like what is "is".  But the statements can be interpreted 2 ways without the complete context.

I've spoken with Mike Zach.  He owes me nothing & I get nothing from him.  He is glad for the purifying & strengthening of believers.  He is also mad at the sin & distress (mild word) that’s been caused.  Please understand for MANY people, communicating on the web, not just viewing, goes very much against their grain & they can't do it.  I've shown older people how to use PCs & the web.  Some take right to it, others smile & say "thanks" & walk away.  That's not right or wrong, just different.  Not every one believes they can or should communicate this way.  Let 'em be.  Write or call 'em up instead.  

Keep on truckin' brethren!  He wins in the end!
psalm51

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 04:30:19 am »

Clarification! I am not the poster marked "guest".  My email is listed under my name as a member on this forum: mathewpa51@msn.com.  Thanks.
another guest

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 05:52:49 am »

vernecarty,

why don't you quit slinging your misguided anger around?

if YOU are man enough, write him or call him & find out an explanation for yourself
retread

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 06:39:36 am »

vernecarty,

why don't you quit slinging your misguided anger around?

if YOU are man enough, write him or call him & find out an explanation for yourself
1 Samuel 2:9
He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness

Mike Z and others, I am sure that there may be those here who would just as soon see you fade away into darkness.  There is so much in the leadership that appears to be hidden in darkness.  Where do you stand?

Why is the leadership so quiet?  Why don't they post on this BB to let us know where they stand. Mike Z, Tim G, Dan N, Roger G, and others, will anyone stop this hiding in darkness and come to the light. If you are on the Lord's side he will not forsake you.  Sure, you may get a real grilling by some here, but remember Job's words:

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. (Job 23:10)

And you know what he had to go through, so what's a little grilling from those on this BB?

Now of course if your deeds are evil...

Don't hide in the darkness, and let bitterness brew.  Be open (these folks here sure are).
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2003, 06:52:56 am »

Amen, brother!

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 12:42:42 am »

-
Gues

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 12:43:19 am »

sorry
Oscar

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 10:30:25 am »

RE: Mike Zach

A few weeks after I had left the One True Church of Fullerton I got a call from my next door neighbor, Steve Irons.  Seems Mike Zach was at his house and wanted to talk to me.  I guess he couldn't find my house, it was at least 80 feet from Steve's door to mine.  But, I said OK and walked over.

Mike tried to convince me not to leave on the basis of my having said I believed  GG was a servant of God at a worker's seminar a few years earlier.   I said I didn't believe it any more.

Now here's what stands out in my memory.  When he decided to give up he said, "OK Tom".  We walked to the door and he said "Goodbye Tom".  Now to most people this wouldn't mean anything, but remember all the "spiritual" talk and cliches used in the assemblies.

I distinctly remember realizing, "He didn't say 'God bless you' because he doesn't want God to bless me, he wants God to hurt me."  

Well, God doesn't seem to have wanted to hurt me, because I think of my life as having a new entrance into blessing and joy the day I left the house of bondage.

God bless,
Thomas Maddux
dyoung

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 12:52:13 pm »

would someone clarify things for me? i thought the Zach's (all of them) had left too. at least, tha's what i heard. do correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.

btw, our Lord WILL judge all. so keep your cool!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: