AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 05:24:59 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm waiting for answers  (Read 41136 times)
Concerned Brother

Email
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2003, 10:21:49 pm »

forgive me everyone, I notice I said lastly more than once, just got going and you know how that is.   Smiley
editor
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2003, 10:26:33 pm »

OK,

Let me clear up my logic on the idea of Idolatry and money.  First of all, none of us knew what we were signing up for.  We were all sincere, and we all joined for the right reason.  Most of the people were never anything less than sincere.

However, most of us have had the experience of knowing that something was wrong, at one time or another.  If we had been there for years, we "knew," about many things, but many of us turned off our consciences, and continued serving.

Those who didn't do this "left fellowship."   Please remember that many people left, without any of these revelations.  There was no website, no Judy leaving David, no stories about George and his dalliances.  These people recognized what was going on, or were able to listen to God's voice, and they left without being hit by the big stick.

The people I am referring to in my recent posts, are the ones who watched all of this take place, and heard about David and Judy, and knew that somehow George and Betty must have known, and that others must have known, and instead of asking questions, they kept silent.

Many people have called me a liar, or a slanderer.  I am neither,  I have told you people the truth, and nothing but the truth, but at times I was too sarcastic.  I have known about George's adultery for years.  How did I find out?  Easy, I talked to people. Many people knew about it.  Yet all of you were surprised.  Why is this?  Idolatry.  You ascribed virtue and holiness to an unholy system, and served it with zeal and reverance that should only be reserved for God.  Do you know what it is like knowing that my friends are under the control of a thoroughly wicked man?  Do you know what it is like to tell the truth, and be called a liar by people who think they are "walking with The Lord?"  From my end, it is frightening, because I can see the deception, while many of you cannot.  Why?  Idolatry.

You continued to prop up a thoroughly wicked man, and gived him money, all the while thinking you did it for God!  Furthermore,  you didn't even bother to check out the facts until you were forced to do so!

The whole thing might very well have still been in place if these people weren't FORCED out into the  light.

Continuing to serve this beast, even if it is just by contributing money, is Idolatry.

I'm getting ready to go get my stick again.

Brent
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2003, 10:34:09 pm »

Brent and others, I still do not like this money talk.

Again so what they knew, I do not know how to say this the right way, but even Christ himself knew Judas was a thief, yet the man had the bag!

Explain that to me where does that fit in your logic, hence why Christ preached give from you heart.

Lord Bless and you know I am not being bitter, just being honest and I care about you all, heck love you all!  
G
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2003, 10:41:15 pm »

Hi Concerned,

You addressed the money issue and brought up valid points.  There was an abuse that wasn't mentioned before (to my knowledge).  When I received my mother's inheritance, I was told by some in leadership to not hold on to the mammon, but to give it to the Lord.  They told me of others who gave their inheritances to the Lord's treasury.  I was unentreatable.  An inheritance can be rather large for some.  Where was this sent?  To George's holding's outside of Fullerton?

Something to consider.

Lord bless,

Eric

editor
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2003, 10:52:20 pm »

Hi George

Dear brother, I am not thinking that you are bitter at all!  Sincere discussion is most welcome, and is a sign of a clear conscience.

Paul when he asked for collections to be taken up, he simply told the people that it was for the ministering of the saints in this location.  We do not have many examples of what else money was used for, but I ask this did they ever come to you and ask for money to pay the rent for the buildings they were meetings in, where did they the money to buy tracks.

Can't you see this?  Paul told them where the money was going!  They all knew it was going to Jerusalem, and Paul even asked the people to send it along with several of their own people!  Can't you see that this was in the light?  Just because their spending journal is not published in the ancient manuscripts, does not mean that they didn't endeavor to be honorable in the sight of God and men.  People knew how much was going, and where it was going.  No doubt they all prayed about specific needs, and had a good idea of what the money was being used for.

George did neither.  He was, and is totally secretive.  We gave an evil man time, money and adoration, and we did it in the name of God.

Many of Those that left in the past are not guilty, they left before these things came to light.  It is the current crop, who hung on, and purposefully turned away from the truth, and slandered those who spoke it, who must bear the brunt of the guilt.

[size=10]If you can't see this, then you will most definitely land right back in the Assembly, or another group exactly like it.[/size]

Brent
Corey

Email
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2003, 10:54:28 pm »

Just curious,

What does, "I'm thinking of getting my stick again" mean?

And I ask sincerely, because I'm a bit confused.

Best regards,

Corey
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2003, 11:27:36 pm »

But all things are of God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and gave unto us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   We are ambassadors therefore on behalf of Christ, as though God were entreating by us: we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be ye reconciled to God.  I Cor 5:18-20 ASV

Oh how I pray for the restoration of lives (my own included).
Love you all,
YBILT
George Allen

P.S. We are cllimbing Jacobs ladder, ladder............Childern of the Lord
BenJapheth
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2003, 02:22:54 am »

To Jacques...

Jacques, at least a couple folks have commented about my points on idolatry from me.

If you read what I wrote it was concerning:

(1) adults

(2) that have spent years in the assemblies

(3) It was especially pointed at leaders

I  followed up that note expressing there may be exceptions (because none of us can know the hearts of men), maybe they're many exceptions.  My original statement was in the spirit that "All Cretans are liars." ...Yep, generally long-term assembly folks have practiced or have been complicit in practicing a virulent form of Idolatry. Period, end of debate.  That's why this man's fall has literally wobbled to the very core every church that he has had an association with.

I'm encouraging everyone to wake-up and start the process of moving out of denial.

If you have spent years in the assembly as an adult and were not involved in idolatry.  Consider yourself extremely blessed.  

Let's keep in-touch, Jacques (chuck@vanant.com)...What I DON'T know far exceeds what I do know.  I'm learning.  Correction feels good.

I appreciate your input, big time!

Blessings Dear Jacques!
arusso

Email
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2003, 07:18:15 am »

Chuck

Consider that almost any church where the pastor/leader is exposed as a flagrant hypocrite and immoral person experiences a shake up.  THer is a church out my way in the Palm Desert area that was 12,000 members.  THe pastor had been there 12 years and was recently exposed for living in, at the very least, and unseemly manner.  It was fron page news.  In newspapers all over the county.  Members had every kind of response, just as we have now from former and current assembly members.  I agree that ANYBODY who has knowledge of the revelations of the past say 6 months and continues to "stand for and with Bro. George" is in great darkness.  I was in fellowship and then leadership for almost 12 years, but i never really knew George or even necesarily cared for his personality, but I did want to serve the Lord.  I recently received an e-mail from a former full-time worker who is still in an assembly ad he said this, " I was the Lord's servant before I met Bro. George and I will continue to be the Lord's servant in spite of all that's happened, wherever or however that might be."  Please be sensitive to the sincerity of many former and current members who are possibly questioning their faith and possibly having profound struggles of faith.  I think the struggle can lead to an even purer devotion and service to Christ.  Please do not think that I am just being defensive, I have been out of the assembly for a year and a half and I see all the same things you see, but is still love the brethren who I know are the Lord's servant regardless of the person of George Geftakys.

In Christ

Aaron
BenJapheth
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2003, 09:54:43 am »

Aaron,

You say..."Please do not think that I am just being defensive, I have been out of the assembly for a year and a half and I see all the same things you see, but I still love the brethren who I know are the Lord's servant regardless of the person of George Geftakys."

I agree!  I wouldn't want you to ever stop loving anyone, Aaron...Love them more!  The issue is putting a man on a pedastal...It's wrong - period.  Not too complicated.

Blessings to you!

Ray Dienzo

Email
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2003, 11:32:43 am »

Jack,

I ask you to forgive me in my role in manipulating you to feel guilty about your post.

It is my determination not to go down that road of manipulation again.

Your brother,

Ray
arusso

Email
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2003, 11:41:14 am »

Hey Ray

Are you still there.  It is Aaron Russo.  If you are reading this please e-mail me asap at brorusso@msn.com.  

Your bro in christ

Aaron Russo
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2003, 07:38:25 am »

Chuck, thanks for clearing up what you posted.

Lord Bless,
G
Rob Kazarinoff

Email
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2003, 10:49:40 am »

Bravo! Ray Dienzo!!

Rob Kazarinoff
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2003, 11:58:16 am »

Ray,

I forgive you.  I'm so glad you see what you do.  It is liberating.

You, as a relatively new leading brother, were being trained to rob sincere little sheep of their freewill.  You need to make sure you do not get entangled again in the bondage in which you were held.  Do whatever it takes to stay away from those who would try to convince you that you owe them or the assembly ANY loyalty.  You do not owe anyone in the assembly any explanation for your choices.  You are an adult-not a child.  You are a free man-not their slave!  If someone approaches you to try to "encourage" you to reconsider any actions of repentance you have taken, say in a VERY LOUD voice, "I am FREE to do as I please!  You are NOT my master!  I am NOT afraid of you anymore!  You will NOT manipulate me with your mind games!"  I doubt they will stay around long.  They are not used to being confronted in the light like that.  Notice I haven't gotten any answers from Jeff, Roberto or Danny regarding the questions on my first post on this thread.  Their silence is telling.

"For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.  But he who practices the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."  Jn 3:19-20

Read "The Code of Silence".  http://www.geftakysassembly.com/codeofsilence.htm It will open your eyes even more.

Jack
« Last Edit: January 26, 2003, 09:18:57 pm by B. Trockman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: