AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 02:50:23 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unitarians plan special program and Christmas Cookie Communion  (Read 2637 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:47:43 am »

Leave it to the Unitarians to grasp the essential meaning of deep spiritual truths. The following is an article in our local newspaper, the Watauga Democrat December 23, 2005:

The Boone Unitarian Universalists Fellowship will celebrate Christmas with a special program culminating in a Christmas Cookie Communion.

The service will begin at 11 a.m. on Christmas Day and will be led by Jerry Rothschild.

Connie Green and Wayne Clawson will present humorous readings of the season as part of the service.

The celebration of the Christmas Cookie Communion will complete the festivities.

An adaptation of the Christian Communion to Unitarian Universalist ideas, the ceremony will be open to all, including children of all ages.  Everyone is asked to bring some Christmas cookies to contribute to the observance.

The Adult Education Class will meet at 9:30 a.m. in the fellowship hall.

There will be a coffee hour hosted by Judith and Jerry Rothschild in the founders hall at 10:30 a.m.

Jesus:  I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover supper with you.

Peter:  Hey!  He got more sprinkles than me!

Andrew:  Well, I wanted chocolate chip!

John:  Are there seconds?

Thomas:  When do I serve the milk?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: