AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 11:13:30 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Perspective of an Ex-Moonie  (Read 3505 times)
Oscar

Email
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:44:42 pm »

Foks,

Here is the introduction to a book by an ex-moonie. He has a lot of insight into why people get involved in cults, and also the exit process.

Scroll down to the actual introduction, which is about three pages into the book, after the Table of Contents.

http://www.moonbook.com/sample.pdf

Tom Maddux
Margaret

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:33 am »

Thanks, Tom. The intro (pp 7-8) is a really good explanation of what mind control is--takes it out of the realm of "mindless robots" and shows its applicability (? is there such a word?) to the Assembly.

p.s. I would really prefer to be "folks" rather than "foks"   Shocked
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:51:32 pm »

I read the reviews on Amazon.  Most were five stars as would be expected.

There were a couple of two star that I personally think were just off.

The most revealing of their internal mind-set was this one star:

1.0 out of 5 stars  could not succeed..., August 25, 2004
By    masuhiro kubata
Being a second generation member of this so called "cult" and having parents that went through the same situation as the author, I can say that he must have too weak to fulfill his duty to god and true parents...It's very sad when a member must leave. By sacrifcing you are able to develop a stronger relationship with god. Hope this helps...
Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 03:39:36 am »

Thanks, Tom. The intro (pp 7-8) is a really good explanation of what mind control is--takes it out of the realm of "mindless robots" and shows its applicability (? is there such a word?) to the Assembly.

p.s. I would really prefer to be "folks" rather than "foks"   Shocked

Margaret,

Sorry about the typo.  But then....I was born in Texas, where they say, "fowks".

Tom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: