AssemblyBoard
May 24, 2024, 08:08:05 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: O.J. Geftakys  (Read 12707 times)
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 10:53:27 am »

Dear BlueJay,
I was wondering if you would let me in on your secret.  You call the Geftakyses O.J. and Osama Bin Laden, and everyone has a great time laughing it over.  

And then I liken this forum to the Salem Witch Trials, the blacklists of the "Red Scare", and the Roman Catholic Church, and everyone gets very mad at me, and starts pressing the bad attitude button.  

Why is that?

Reply at your disposal.
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2003, 06:52:30 pm »

Luke - I have no idea what my secret is, although I must tell you, that I too have ruffled some feathers and had a few press the "bad attitude button" on myself.  Do keep in mind that now that the Geftakys assembly has broken up, we are now once again protected by the first amendment, so I wouldn't worry about what anyone thinks.

I actually took a week off of posting for no other reason than that I was out of town at a basketball tournament last weekend and got back and was very busy at work.  I also needed some time to come up with some "new material".

I'm Baaaaackkk!!!!
4Him

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 02:06:15 am »

I also needed some time to come up with some "new material".
I'm Baaaaackkk!!!!
Oh dear! Shocked
Welcome back, Bluejay.

PS - I guess the CU Bballers showed SIU who's boss.  Sad Cry Getting ready for OSU in about 26 minutes.
retread

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 12:33:42 am »

Dear BlueJay,
I was wondering if you would let me in on your secret.  You call the Geftakyses O.J. and Osama Bin Laden, and everyone has a great time laughing it over.  

And then I liken this forum to the Salem Witch Trials, the blacklists of the "Red Scare", and the Roman Catholic Church, and everyone gets very mad at me, and starts pressing the bad attitude button.  

Why is that?

Reply at your disposal.
Don't forget Luke, although you have a lot of negative attitude points, you also currently have over double the positive attitude points that Bluejay has.  As to why "everyone has a great time laughing it over" with Bluejay's posts, but gets upset with your posts, there are many possible reasons.  Here are a few:

1) More people on this web site may disagree with your posts, and agree with Bluejay's.  So, negative posts on your part may be more likely to get you negative attitude points than it would Bluejay, since its is possible that people's ideas about attitude may be influenced by their beliefs.

2) From your long record of posts, people may have a preconceived notion of attitude on any of your posts.

3) Bluejay's posts may be seen to have some humor to them, because not only does he make comparisons to people like O.J. Simpson, he actually calls them names like "O.J Geftakys".  Humor may influence our thoughts about attitude.  But remember, humor is considered funnier when the reader is not the target of the humor. Grin

4) Maybe people get you mixed up with Paul, and people may see Paul's tongue in cheek humor as making light of some things which they consider serious. And their bad attitude towards Paul may cause them to lash out with negative attitude points to any post with the name Robinson on it. But in addition to Paul's negative attitude points, he also has more positive attitude points than most.

Remember, whether you get positive attitude points or negative attitude points, at least people are paying attention to what you have to say. Smiley
wolverine

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 10:19:46 pm »

Dear retread...

I am starting a new clothing line..."ASSEMBLYWEAR"...and I was wondering if you were interested in becoming a partner...

"And all the saints said..."

RetreadFan
Arthur
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 03:53:24 am »

Does that include one of those way-cool euro-speedo's that should never be mistaken for common American briefs?  
retread

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2003, 09:40:57 am »

Does that include one of those way-cool euro-speedo's that should never be mistaken for common American briefs?  

I just decided not to be a partner. (and why did I lose my appetite all of a sudden Smiley)

(shuddering at the image in my mind) Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: