AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 04:20:24 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: photo post  (Read 82822 times)
jloadams

Email
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2004, 05:06:23 am »

This is so cool....

I hope a lot of people will use this feature.  I remember lots of names and faces from seminars, etc...but have a hard time connecting them.

This is my newly expanded family!

Janet
Mark Kisla
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2004, 05:10:28 am »

I believe you young fellers are thinking of Mike Abt (pronounced APT).  This was when we first started meeting at Hillcrest Park.  Mike used to bring his rat with him everywhere, but when we began breaking bread at Hillcrest, George either told him or had someone tell him to take the rat home before he would be allowed to enter the building.  Mike was with us for years, but I never saw the rat again...

al

It's funny, I did'nt remember the last name but I remember Mike from the rat story.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2004, 05:59:11 am »

That is so strange. Just a couple of nights back Mike Abt's face came to my mind and it took a while before I remembered his name. I don't remember the rat, but I do remember he had a small wood flute that he played. At that time he said he was studying to be a composer. I also remember that for a long time he defied the norm and did not wear suits like most of the male saints did. He'd wear a shirt with a string tie around his neck, and I remember he had a bit of a nasal tone when he talked. I don't remember a lot more about him, but something brought him to mind the other night, and now I learn he has passed on.

-Joe
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2004, 12:55:10 am »

Quite right. That was just a depth test buddy....you can't be too careful you know...!  Smiley

Oops! I meant to say Virgin Gorda for those of you that know the islands. I was thinking of Trunk Bay, St John as I looked at that spectacular hue...! Grin
Verne
p.s we really should get a group together to go down there and do some sailing and frolicking in those deep blue waters...

I'm there, man! Cool Name the time and place and I'll figure out how to get there! Grin

S
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2004, 03:48:33 am »

Awards ceremony today for my son's basketball team (they're not all in the pic).

This was our third straight league championship. Three year record of 26-4. My son, in front of me, got the leadership award.

OK, now I'm off to someplace else to brag about my son! Cool

S
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 03:59:19 am by Scott McCumber » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2004, 06:47:02 am »

Me and my two sisters  Roll Eyes

http://www.buildingup.net/GALLERY_PICTURES/kcamp/Untitled-31.jpg

Hey Scott, I am headed down to Panama City for spring break, live near there?

--
lucas
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 06:48:41 am by Lucas Sturnfield » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2004, 08:33:33 pm »

--
lucas

About 7 hours south actually. Still, might be a good road trip. When are you coming?

S

PS - Is the email address you have under your profile valid? I sent you a note.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2004, 04:22:55 am »

--
lucas

About 7 hours south actually. Still, might be a good road trip. When are you coming?

S

It will be the last week in March (20th - 27th).  I am driving down with 4 of my rugby buddies, so I am pretty sure they are not going to want to add another 7 hours onto what is already a 15 hour drive  Roll Eyes

Regarding the email addy, it goes to a box that I am testing various bayesian spam filtering techniques on.......so quite often good emails get tagged and I have to dig through all the spam to get them out.  Email sent to sturnfie@uiuc.edu will always reach me

--
lucas
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2004, 04:26:33 am »

--
lucas

S

It will be the last week in March (20th - 27th).  I am driving down with 4 of my rugby buddies, so I am pretty sure they are not going to want to add another 7 hours onto what is already a 15 hour drive  Roll Eyes

Regarding the email addy, it goes to a box that I am testing various bayesian spam filtering techniques on.......so quite often good emails get tagged and I have to dig through all the spam to get them out.  Email sent to sturnfie@uiuc.edu will always reach me

--
lucas

Actually, I thought about driving up. Panama City is MUCH more interesting around spring break than my little retirement town. Wink

However, as cool as it would be, probably don't have a seven hour road trip in me anymore! Roll Eyes

Maybe I'll catch you in Illinois this summer.

S
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2004, 04:48:03 am »

Actually, I thought about driving up. Panama City is MUCH more interesting around spring break than my little retirement town. Wink

However, as cool as it would be, probably don't have a seven hour road trip in me anymore! Roll Eyes

S

Oh! That would be cool.  Otherwise, what part of the summer were you planning on heading up this way?  I might actually be in South America for a good portion of the summer......

--
lucas
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2004, 04:55:06 am »

...probably don't have a seven hour road trip in me anymore! Roll Eyes

Gawrsh, Scotty, it must be awful to get old...   Huh   Roll Eyes   Cry

Lucas, thanks for the email update.  Now I can start spamming you...

;Dal Wink

Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2004, 04:55:16 am »

S

Oh! That would be cool.  Otherwise, what part of the summer were you planning on heading up this way?  I might actually be in South America for a good portion of the summer......

--
lucas

No hard and fast plans as of today. Usually go up in June.

I'll touch base when I know for sure and see where you're at.

What's in South America? Besides pirhanas, cocaine and that really big river, I mean? Wink

S
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2004, 04:56:42 am »

...probably don't have a seven hour road trip in me anymore! Roll Eyes

Gawrsh, Scotty, it must be awful to get old...   Huh   Roll Eyes   Cry

;Dal Wink

It's all new to me, Al. Tell me what to expect! Grin

S
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2004, 05:12:27 am »

What's in South America? Besides pirhanas, cocaine and that really big river, I mean? Wink

S

Mainly the cocaine, but also the Peace Corps  Wink

--
lucas
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2004, 05:17:52 am »

S

Mainly the cocaine, but also the Peace Corps  Wink

--
lucas

Peace Corps don't pay enough for that habit, my friend!

Hmm. Unless the Peace Corps is actually a front for the smuggling operation you and your rugby buddies came up with. Now I know the REAL reason you're coming down here next month.

I know a guy with a boat! Wink Grin

S

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: