AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 06:46:57 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biased  (Read 40451 times)
Toni Fuller

Email
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2003, 05:01:22 am »

Tim, Joe & Brent,  I'm gonna throw in my bias.  I'm glad for thie BB.  I'm really ashamed that I let myself be hoodwinked for sooooo long and didn't take a firmer stand for others who experienced horrific "consequences" under the guise of being God's will.  Give me a break for all of the times I've seen ones come and go only to be warned and cautioned about not being in God's will and etc. etc. etc.   Just had to add my 2cents   Shocked
retread

Email
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2003, 09:01:00 am »

And retread said that since Gues came up with a different idea to take six weeks off from the website instead, Gues was squirming because he was having his sin exposed, like cockroaches when the light is turned on.  That is all quite lovely.  You know, It must be easy to be in the majority and say cunning, slick things to a person who would like to remain anonymous.
Dear Luke,

Just to make sure that you understand what I am saying. I have no idea what sins Gues may have personally. I was referring to the obvious sins that have occurred under the structure of the assembly, and how this makes the members of the assembly uncomfortable and defensive.  I have absolutely no idea who Gues is (how could I?), or what his sins may be (how could I?), nor do I think that he is on the level of a cockroach (how could I?). My example of a cockroach was only illustrating how we sometimes react when sin is exposed (there is sometimes an immediate defensive response and this type of defensiveness can sometimes cloud our vision).  I used a cockroach in my example because it was the only creature that I could think of that has such a drastic reaction to light (after having being a recent witness to this - it is quite amazing to observe - especially with a whole room full of those cute little guys).

Anyway the whole point of the message was to let Brent know that just because people get defensive when dealing with him, that he shouldn't let this get to him, and that I didn't agree that he needed to take six weeks off from this web site.  Brent has both assembly experience, and post assembly experience.  Taking six weeks off from the assembly may open the eyes of some who are still there, but I don't see how Brent taking six weeks off this web site would help him gain any new perspective.  In my "opinion", I thought that the response that Gues had was very defensive, sort of a "you are asking me to take six weeks off, why don't you take six weeks off yourself".

I in no way want to discourage Gues from using this bulletin board.  At least Gues and others (this includes you Luke), are reading what is posted here (even if some of it may appear offensive), so even if six weeks are not taken off, I guess you are at least getting "another point of view". It would be great if even more assembly members would participate in this bulletin board as well.

Sometimes the truth is an ugly thing to face and we don't want to accept it.  I know that there are may in the assembly who are sincerely trying to follow the Lord.  I simply ask, that you don't just try to ignore the gross sins of the leadership, and how this has affected God's dear children.

One other point.  Whether or not it is easy to be in the majority is not the point.  What is the truth, is the point!  If for some reason you are concerned with not being in the majority, remember Brent's early attempts to get the assembly leadership to deal with the sin within the camp. He was not in the majority in that case, and they were the so called "leadership", but he made a stand.  God has honored this and it appears that at least one person in leadership (Danny E) in now on the right track (by the way this is a great thing that has happened with Danny).  We have a great God, and I am so encouraged over what he is doing with Danny, and the opportunity that he has to make things right (Danny: I have tears of joy flowing this very moment as I think of you. Danny: God is good!!)

And Gues (if you are still here), I am sorry if you think that I thought that you were a cockroach, or had any specific sin in your life that would place you on the same level as a cockroach.  Nothing could be further from the truth. I have absolutely no idea who you are, or what your sins may be. Zero. Zilch. End of story!

Anyway, Why don't you take six weeks off of this site, it may do you some good.
Brent:

It sounds like some are beginning to squirm.  Don't worry, this is common when sin is exposed (people don't like having their sins brought to the light).  It is sort of like turning on the light in a room with cockroaches in it, they don’t like to be exposed and they immediately try to conceal themselves.

Thanks for not taking time off from the work you have done in exposing the truth being the Geftakys system, so that God's people could be delivered from bondage.  Thanks for being bold, and standing for what is right even in the voice of criticism.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 09:04:52 am by retread » Logged
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2003, 09:28:24 am »

The way I look at it, we already have taken 20-30 YEARS away from this website (yes, I understand Al Gore hadn't even invented the internet 30 years ago)

But we have gone 30 years without listening to people who have left.  We have gone 30 years close-minded, listening only to those "inside" the circle, believing everything "outside" to be evil, devilish, carnal, 'less than' what we have, DANGEROUS.

We have gone 30 years slamming, tainting, damaging people who have left the circle.

We have gone 30 years with our EYES AND EARS AND MINDS SHUT to what's on the "outside"

We have gone 2 months giving people a chance to speak.

And what are we finding??  People have left AND STILL GROWN WITH GOD !!!!!

People aren't witches and warlocks.  They aren't evil, devious servants of satan, twisting and stealing God's sheep from his "little flocks".

Those that are still in the circle, it would do you good to listen to those that are out.  Surely, after all these years of deep profound teaching, you are able to listen open mindedly and think for yourselves, right?

We already have taken 30 years off from the website.  

What would it hurt for some of you to take the blinders off for even a week?Huh?
Oscar

Email
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2003, 09:47:30 am »

Hi Tom, great to hear from ya.  Cheesy

Was there any idea what the $25k was for? Also since I've read that the money was usually handled by GG alone after being sent to Fullerton, why was it brought up as a topic?

Just curious.
Dale

Hi Dale,

The $25,000 was for a brand new Chevrolet Suburban FWD, tow package, all the bells and whistles.  I got the figure by calling the local chev. agency, describing the car, and asking what it was worth. So, they might have paid $23,500 or whatever.

The problem was that we were told it was for "Cornerstone".
It was at the Worker's Meeting in Fullerton and we were asked to go outside and "dedicate Cornerstone's new car".  

I remember thinking, "what's the fwd for, to take the kids to school through Orange County blizzards?"

I was around behind it looking at the receiver hitch when Tim G. came up.  I said, "It has a tow package."  He replied, "Yes, I want to do some towing."  

The lights went on.   I kicked up a small fuss with Steve Irons the next day.  My words, of course, were reported to headquarters.
I was "appropriately rebuked".  

The visit to GG took place a few months later.

Tom Maddux
Dale Yuzuki

Email
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2003, 10:45:38 am »

Hi Tom, I do remember that Suburban, in particular the summer of 1990 on the Seattle summer team and travelling all over the Pacific Northwest in it.

If I remember correctly, the team spent more money on gas than on food. Rent was the third major expense. Of course we were to be 'self-sufficient', and I remember working long days in a laboratory (the project was a real dead-end one too) feeling so 'spiritual' that all my efforts and $ were going to the 'cause'. Looking back on it now, it's ironic how so much of that $ was simply burned up travelling all over for whatever reason. (I remember driving to some really far-off places for 'fellowships' and such. Tim really enjoyed driving around, it must run in the family or something. David G's midnight drives don't surprise me although here is the first time I've ever heard of that.)

I seem to remember that Tim had a 'folding kayak' of some sort where he actually didn't need to tow anything. Perhaps a boat on a trailer would appear to be too ostentatious, or maybe the Cornerstone driveway wasn't big enough to keep the trailer and boat out of public view.  Wink

(/sarcasm mode on)
I sure am glad we didn't lose any of those Cornerstone kids to those notorious Orange County blizzards. The brothers would really give a 'talking to' to Tim if he ever made such a big mistake!
(/sarcasm mode off)

Dale (who spends most of his money on a mortgage, then food, then gas....)

Rudy

Email
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2003, 07:19:16 am »

/sarcasm on/@

do single/married brothers in the assembly
know what a mortgage is ?

/sarcasm off/@
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: