AssemblyBoard
May 20, 2024, 11:11:48 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Leaders Are Responsible  (Read 210613 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2003, 01:36:41 am »

People think that only the money given as tithes and offerings was used to line George's wicked pockets. The fact is that these people fleeced many a well-off saint and robbed quite a few assembly kids of their inheritance. I could tell you stories about a widow or two...Most peole do not understand that in all likelihood the greatest depth of the wickedness of this man and his enablers remains undisclosed...
Verne

WHAT HAS IT GOT IN ITS WICKED LITTLE POCKETSESSSS??    Grin

Viva Tolkien!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 02:03:24 am by vernecarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2003, 02:06:32 am »

Oh...and one thing for golden, whoever you are.  If you'll take off your rainbow-colored sunglasses, you'll find many people who were abused by the leaders in Fullerton and elsewhere who tried to settle things by private talks with the leaders.  But the leaders were so arrogant, so bewitched, so hard-headed that they would not listen.

mithrandir

And this is the reason for the website and BB.  The leaders who do repent are totally forgiven, same as the "members" who repent, etc.   There are a good number of ex-LB's and workers on the BB,  and they don't seem to mind.  Lot's of people tried numerous times to settle issues with people one on one.  These blockheads not only wouldn't listen, they EXCOMMUNICATED people who tried to settle things.

Golden,  your grasp on reality is tenuous at best.   It's a good thing you are an anonymous poster...it takes a lot of courage to say some of this stuff,  which you probably don't possess.  Much safer to make little quips from the safety of an anonymous position.

Brent
M2
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2003, 08:42:01 am »

Oh...and one thing for golden, whoever you are.  If you'll take off your rainbow-colored sunglasses, you'll find many people who were abused by the leaders in Fullerton and elsewhere who tried to settle things by private talks with the leaders.  But the leaders were so arrogant, so bewitched, so hard-headed that they would not listen.

mithrandir

Golden,

Before leaving I attempted to discuss assembly matters via private talks, but was unable to meet with the LBs. I then decided to leave and emailed everyone I could to tell them why I was leaving. Both LBs then met with me together to get information to discuss at the brother's meeting (or maybe it was to satisfy my request to meet). I then attempted on a couple of occasions to open up communication with them, but received the silent treatment. At that point I took my discussions, once again, to the BB. So... it's not like I didn't try. And many others have experienced similar dilemnas.

Marcia
Oscar

Email
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2003, 04:52:15 pm »

mithrandir

For two years before leaving the LB's knew very well that I was not "standing with them" concerning many things they taught and did.  I had learned my lesson and refused to be subjected to the "gang bang".  That means having six or eight men all yelling at you about how evil and decieved you are in the Leading Brother's meeting. Tongue

I told them repeatedly that I would meet with any one of them at any reasonable time or place to discuss these issues.

I have, to date, had no takers.  I think I'll go sit by the phone...maybe they will call today.   Roll Eyes

Oh yes...I told them that in 1987.

Thomas Maddux
M2
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2003, 05:25:43 pm »

For two years before leaving the LB's knew very well that I was not "standing with them" concerning many things they taught and did.  I had learned my lesson and refused to be subjected to the "gang bang".  That means having six or eight men all yelling at you about how evil and decieved you are in the Leading Brother's meeting. Tongue

I told them repeatedly that I would meet with any one of them at any reasonable time or place to discuss these issues.

I have, to date, had no takers.  I think I'll go sit by the phone...maybe they will call today.   Roll Eyes

Thomas Maddux

Maybe they were concerned that you would convince them to your point of view. That's what I was told as to the reason(partially) that they did not want to meet with me individually. Even Felix (Acts 24) became concerned when he heard the truth from Paul.

It's great being an individual and free from the collective. I do not hear all those voices in my ear, yelling(in Tom's case) do this, do that etc. Though I am grieved to be thus alienated from friends of many years. But then maybe they weren't real friends after all...

Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2003, 11:26:19 pm »

mithrandir

Thomas Maddux

The more I learn about this guy, the better I like him.
You people reading here listen to me carefully. What Tom's testimony proves is that we not only had the internal witness of the Spirit of God convicting these men of sin and wrong doing, they also had living witness among them of one who attempted to stand for the truth and God's interest and for his efforts was reviled. If I hear another person whining about how "THE LEADERSHIP DID NOT KNOW! " I am literally going to puke!
THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE!! What will be their excuse??!
Verne
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 11:40:27 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2003, 01:37:54 am »

Good Point.
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2003, 02:05:41 am »

[

Tim on the other hand, though people may dislike him, is not as clear cut in my mind. Things pertaining to Tim do not appear to be factual but emotional. I can stand corrected, but that is how it appears to me.

Tim in my eyes is a bigger piece of crap than the rest of them.  Tim was every bit as abusive as George and David - he just wasn't as blatant as it...He is flat out a sly and shady individual.  

Lets face it, someone who does not have a job, has never had a real job should, and who has no talents whatsoever should not drive the cars that he did and live in the house that he did.  That right there should tip you off that something is not right!!!

Personally, I have had horrible dealings with Tim Geftakys.  I got to believe that every accusation leveled at him is accurate.  

By the way Tim - nice beer gut!
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2003, 02:16:11 am »

What do you all think when the saints are accusing one another of things? If you all have issues with individuals why don't you go talk to them...why are you posting here say and accusing individuals...
....do you want to take the place of the devil who is the accuser of the brethren?

PS.. has any one heard of frequent flyer miles? since GG did many journeys he could upgrade for free ...so who cares if he flew first class. ....getting pretty petty around here

Dear Golden Geftakys,

Had the leadership  been willing to address the issues at the time instead of being "untouchable", then maybe things could have been resolved differently.  H

I am quite sure that Georgie Porgie would have flown first class regardless of his accumulation of frequent flyer miles.
M2
« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2003, 05:26:25 am »

Maybe they were concerned that you would convince them to your point of view. That's what I was told as to the reason(partially) that they did not want to meet with me individually.

Give me a break.

I have not yet fully figured out why they were unwilling to meet with me individually.
I guess I'll have to speculate since any attempt to communicate has brought forth 'the silent treatment'.

Interestingly enough, today I was reading 'Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse' by Johnson and VanVonderen. On page 67 in the 'Unspoken Rules' section the author says this:

When you find unspoken rules by breaking them unintentionally, you will then suffer one or two consequences: either neglect (being ignored, overlooked, shunned) or agressive legalism (questioned, openly censured, asked to leave -- in extreme cases cursed).  --end-quote

I have experienced being ignored, shunning, assumed I was leaving though I hadn't planned to at the time, censure.
All I wanted was to talk with them! Oh well...

Marcia
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 05:29:16 am by Marcia » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2003, 06:45:45 am »

Maybe they were concerned that you would convince them to your point of view. That's what I was told as to the reason(partially) that they did not want to meet with me individually.

Give me a break.

I have not yet fully figured out why they were unwilling to meet with me individually.
I guess I'll have to speculate since any attempt to communicate has brought forth 'the silent treatment'.

Interestingly enough, today I was reading 'Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse' by Johnson and VanVonderen. On page 67 in the 'Unspoken Rules' section the author says this:

When you find unspoken rules by breaking them unintentionally, you will then suffer one or two consequences: either neglect (being ignored, overlooked, shunned) or agressive legalism (questioned, openly censured, asked to leave -- in extreme cases cursed).  --end-quote

I have experienced being ignored, shunning, assumed I was leaving though I hadn't planned to at the time, censure.
All I wanted was to talk with them! Oh well...

Marcia

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Hebrews 13:5,6
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 06:46:19 am by vernecarty » Logged
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2003, 06:54:50 am »

I seem to remember George telling us that he paid his travel agent with cash.  I doubt he had a credit card, so he would not have frequent flyer miles of his own to use to upgrade to 1st class.  Maybe he had someone else pay with their credit card (Kevin Healy perhaps?) and then used THEIR frequent flyer miles to upgrade to 1st class.  Either way, he got what he demanded - the royal treatment at the expense of mere mortals.

Jack
vernecarty
« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2003, 07:08:41 am »

I seem to remember George telling us that he paid his travel agent with cash.  I doubt he had a credit card, so he would not have frequent flyer miles of his own to use to upgrade to 1st class.  Maybe he had someone else pay with their credit card (Kevin Healy perhaps?) and then used THEIR frequent flyer miles to upgrade to 1st class.  Either way, he got what he demanded - the royal treatment at the expense of mere mortals.

Jack

This disgrace to the gospel of Chirst would so pride himself on his "apostolic" calling. Can you imagine the apostle Paul traveling with Timothy and the other bretheren insisting that he be given the VIP cabin while the men ministering with him slept below deck? There were so many obvious signs of this man's lack of fitness for duty, I just don't understand how he got away with it for so long...
Verne
M2
« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2003, 08:40:37 am »

Why would you want to meet with indivduals alone? Why wouldn't you go with your husband?

Yes, you are correct. The request was to meet with them individually, my husband would also be there.

Marcia
brian

Email
« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2003, 10:06:18 am »

Give me a break.

wow, thanks for that insightful comment.

something that was very common in the assembly in my experience was fear of too much communication with those who had real criticisms of the assembly. the perspective i picked up on was that when people leave who were not involved in gross, obvious sin its because they have been deceived in a most subtle and contagious way. communicating with them about anything but their repentance from their hidden, unknown sin was to be avoided at risk of being deceived oneself. when people who left were open about their critisism of the assembly, there was only one word used to describe them: divisive! that word would strike fear into the hearts of any true assemblyite. anything but that! cover your ears, don't get contaminated! so what marcia is saying here does not seem at all far fetched to me. and thats apart from the fact that its marcia posting it, who is not one to spin tall tales, but is always dignified and careful in what she posts.

didn't you come across this perspective in the assembly at all, bob?

brian
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: