AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 10:12:38 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Columbia Tragedy  (Read 6729 times)
Phil Strangman

Email
« on: February 02, 2003, 04:19:39 am »

Hey...just wanted to mention...you all probably know about this. I figured if we're going to be talking to each other a lot we should probably acknowledge the current events that happen too.

Seven people died today from the Space Shuttle Columbia breaking apart. I registered today so I could start this topic. Let this be a place for us to put our condolences.

Peace
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 08:04:28 am »

Rudy,

Can't this place be for people to talk too? People are contacting people that they haven't heard from in a long time. Everybody should be allowed to say what they will unless it hurts other people. We need each other. Worse things may happen this year then the Columbia tragedy. Even the people I work with at Dale's Music were affected by this, I think we are too. At least I am.

Peace
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 08:12:52 am »

Phil,

I agree with you. I also believe these seven families need prayer. I believe that is one of the charges given to Christians.

I normally find Rudy very astute. Don't happen to agree with him this time.

Scott
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 08:17:15 am »

President Bush read a portion from Isaiah in his speech today. I didn't listen to it so I don't know exactly what he said, but I know he mentioned something to the effect of, "The God who knows all the stars now knows the names of the seven..." and so on. Way to go Bush!

I hope he's praying like crazy about this war he wants to wage.

Yes, we need to pray for the families. The first Israeli astronaut in space...gone.

Peace
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 08:30:08 am »

Hey Phil, thanks for seeing the big picutre in the mist of things.  If we cannot take a little space to mention something that touches a lot of us, then we still are as self absord as we were in the assembly with only being concerned with out thang!

Lord Bless,
G
Rudy

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 09:00:06 am »

Before this string gets too long i'll add my 2 cents.

This site is getting too big. The people that may be trying
to get out of the assembly are either turned off by blatant
"verbal" abuse or just by being overwhelmed at where to
start. That is my point. I'm entitled to my opinion even if
i'm wrong - that's a government saying  Cool
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 09:13:04 am »

Actually, I like to see some compassion and human interest on the site.  Even some light heartedness.

The topics being discussed are EXTREMELY serious -- not just for those that have partaken and covered up the gross deeds.  But for all of us as we realize (and investigate why) that we were focused on and idolizing a man -- and a wicked man at that -- for 30 years now.

THAT IS MIND BOGGLING.

So, as we vent and pour out emotions and serious topics and challenges -- I find it refreshing to find some compassion and 'other' topics occasionally.

And that just may draw some into the conversations on this board that are presently staying away.

Think of it friends, we are 3 weeks into 2003 and look at what has happened already this year!!!!

Lord Jesus come quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arthur
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 09:49:23 am »

I heard President Bush reading from Isaiah on the radio, and I "got goose pimples on my goose pimples".  I don't know if Bush is for real in his spirituality (I've heard some conspiracy theories), but that sure was encouraging to hear him read that.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 09:50:15 am »

Ken and others,

I can agree with you all on most points.
But there are other places to find entertainment.
You like to see compassion and human interest
on this site ? Read the stories of the abused.
You want some humor ? There is an excellent
humor string. We had to (well, the servant of
the great GM) had to remove a humor string.
Arthur
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2003, 02:45:55 am »

Wha? How should I know, I just work here, and not even that.  My take it to let everyone (except for malone) share what's on their mind.  No one has to read anything.  Yeah it gets a little cluttered, but there are ways to scan and search.
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2003, 03:19:14 am »

In light of this I would suggest we stick to the themes posted.  That way people can easily decide which ones to view and which ones not to.

Sorry Phil, in saying this I'm totally distracting from the theme of your post and committing the very sin I'm trying to address.

Now you have to forgive me !!!!  Ha Ha !!!!   It's your problem now  (hmmmmmmm, I like that way that works ....)
BenJapheth
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2003, 04:40:50 am »

Brian,

Thank you for your post and also thank you for giving us your testimony.  Brother, and I believe you are a brother, you are not alone in your confusion on what to believe...Christ is the one and only essential. We're living in difficult times and there are many who are giving others the opportunity to blaspheme.  Your honesty and humility are evidence enough for me.

It is not uncommon for the Lord to reduce us to nothing so that all we have is Him.  Your position is enviable...You're in the best position for grace. I really appreciate your words and your testimony.

John, it appears that you've slandered Brian...You need to seek His forgiveness.

I'm praying for both you brothers, such contention mocks our faith.

Brian, don't take anymore of John's bait...My counsel - Leave him be.

Brian, I don't think Brent or you should ever have to boot John off the site; however, if users here on this BB find John a belligerant participant.  I think you owe it to your constituency to show him the door.  

However, now that you've laid it out there for everyone to see...Maybe, he'll mind his own business and begin focussing on edifying others rather than picking useless arguments.

Your Brother, Chuck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: