AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 10:42:37 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: QUESTION OF THE DAY/OPINIONS WELCOME  (Read 108440 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2005, 07:35:07 am »

James 1: 23 & 24 NKJV

Sign: Just thinking out loud in the observations of reactions:  Tender.

Thinking out loud is quite allright.
Not very useful on a BB as the primary purpose here is an exchange of ideas.
Verne
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2005, 08:10:31 am »

Verne

Agreed, but to exchange those ideas, one shouldnt have to go into a war zone to do it.
Tender
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2005, 08:37:55 am »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand in this corner we have.............Tom & Jerry.................
M2
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2005, 09:44:51 am »

Verne
Agreed, but to exchange those ideas, one shouldnt have to go into a war zone to do it.
Tender

Verne,

I think what tenderhearted is saying is that she does not want to exchange ideas.  She just wants to instruct us.  Because disagreeing with her means that it is a negative reaction and therefore a war zone.  The lake (from the fiction where Tom and Jerry meet the dragon) gets kind of choppy and life gets kind of rough.

Marcia
editor
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2005, 10:19:40 am »

Tender

Verne,

I think what tenderhearted is saying is that she does not want to exchange ideas.  She just wants to instruct us.  Because disagreeing with her means that it is a negative reaction and therefore a war zone.  The lake (from the fiction where Tom and Jerry meet the dragon) gets kind of choppy and life gets kind of rough.

Marcia

WINDBAG is a coward, who mooches for a living.  She's afaid to be herself, but prefers to play silly games.

She is holier than we are.  She is more loving.  She thinks she is better in every way.....except for the fact that she must mooch for a living and is always mistreated by everyone she meets, all the time.

If you disagree with her you are "negative," if you get frustrated with her garbage, you are judgemental.  She's too dense and self centered to realize that this behavior is exactly the reason why her life is the way it is. 

Am I being harsh?  No, I get email from this person all the time, and much of it is downright nasty!  She's full of the worst kind of sickening God-talk.

WINDBAG, you need to stop this garbage, and come out and say what you want to say?

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2005, 03:05:28 pm »

Tender

Then your ideas can't be that important to you.
People who think their ideas are jmportant have been willing to die for them.
Of course, if you do go into a war zone, you should be prepared for battle... Smiley

Tender

Verne,

Marcia

If you are going to effectively instruct, you ought to be informed, and you ought to have integrity.
Both are necessary.
Nothing stinks more than pompous hypocrites, whose manner of life reflects nothing but ungodliness, and who fail to adorn the doctrine in every way, presuming to lecture other believers. It should not be tolerated in my view.
Now I am not saying that this applies to Tenderhearted. I am just saying that we know nothing about her and so it is difficult, if not impossible to attach  real significance to her observations.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:22:13 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2005, 08:52:58 pm »

Then your ideas can't be that important to you.
People who think their ideas are jmportant have been willing to die for them.
Of course, if you do go into a war zone, you should be prepared for battle... Smiley

If you are going to effectively instruct, you ought to be informed, and you ought to have integrity.
Both are necessary.
Nothing stinks more than pompous hypocrites, whose manner of life reflects nothing but ungodliness, and who fail to adorn the doctrine in every way, presuming to lecture other believers. It should not be tolerated in my view.
Now I am not saying that this applies to Tenderhearted. I am just saying that we know nothing about her and so it is difficult, if not impossible to attach  real significance to her observations.
Verne

What do you mean we know nothing about her?  She emails me everyday as Lenore, and in the recent one's has identified herself as "Tenderhearted."

If she is going to post anonymously here, but send me irritating emails regarding her anonymous posts, I'm not going to respect her anonymity. 

I don't think anyone was fooled to begin with....she only posted on threads that Lenore started. 

Give it up Lenore.  If you have something to say, just come out and say it.  Don't pretend any longer, and quit sending me email.

I'll close by quoting Lenore in one of her nicer letters to me,

"Have a happy Judgement Day,"

Brent
M2
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2005, 09:22:01 pm »

What do you mean we know nothing about her?  She emails me everyday as Lenore, and in the recent one's has identified herself as "Tenderhearted."

If she is going to post anonymously here, but send me irritating emails regarding her anonymous posts, I'm not going to respect her anonymity. 

I don't think anyone was fooled to begin with....she only posted on threads that Lenore started. 

Give it up Lenore.  If you have something to say, just come out and say it.  Don't pretend any longer, and quit sending me email.

Brent

Brent,

You've let the mouse out of the bag. Smiley

Yes, I did notice that tenderhearted only posted on threads that Lenore had started.

Can't play the cat and mouse game now that you've given away her true identity eh??

Marcia
editor
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2005, 09:28:18 pm »

Brent,

You've let the mouse out of the bag. Smiley

Yes, I did notice that tenderhearted only posted on threads that Lenore had started.

Can't play the cat and mouse game now that you've given away her true identity eh??

Marcia

There's a bunch of people here who are anonymous, but she's the only one who posts anonymously, then taunts me with it in email!

Lenore demands that everything revolve around her, and support her.  When something doesn't, she can't deal with it.  She is more than capable of using her brain, being creative, and even fighting....yet she is of such low character she won't support herself.

She acts holy and spiritual, yet in private she is nasty.

I don't feel sorry for her, and her irritating daily email more than warrants her being rebuked here.

Lenore, drop the mask and either enter the discussion as an equal adult, or leave the board.  I won't treat you like a lessor person, and I won't give you a pass.  You must state what you mean and be willing to stand by it.  If that task proves too difficult, then leave.

Brent
M2
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2005, 09:51:37 pm »

There's a bunch of people here who are anonymous, but she's the only one who posts anonymously, then taunts me with it in email!

Lenore demands that everything revolve around her, and support her.  When something doesn't, she can't deal with it.  She is more than capable of using her brain, being creative, and even fighting....yet she is of such low character she won't support herself.

She acts holy and spiritual, yet in private she is nasty.

I don't feel sorry for her, and her irritating daily email more than warrants her being rebuked here.

Lenore, drop the mask and either enter the discussion as an equal adult, or leave the board.  I won't treat you like a lessor person, and I won't give you a pass.  You must state what you mean and be willing to stand by it.  If that task proves too difficult, then leave.

Brent

This thread started by Lenore is QUESTION OF THE DAY/OPINIONS WELCOME

Don't you love with when you see a kid enjoying a game and then another comes along and spoils the game and accuses you for not sharing.  True that sharing is a 'good' thing, but in the context the real issue was that kid#2 spoiled the play fo the first.

Hope you understand the deep profound meaning of my kid-play analogy.  Smiley

Marcia

P.S. To avoid any misunderstanding I decided to repost.  My analogy was in reference to the welfare discussion which got sidetracked and taken over when Lenore made it into a personal issue.
Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2005, 10:22:02 pm »

Brent

I know I know...I was just trying to gently tease her into coming out... Smiley

Verne

p.s Is she still actually e-mailing you?
I seem to remember her coming to some sort of understanding by one of her posts so I am surprised that she is still worked up about what happened. Apparently some of us just can't stay away huh?
My opnion about folks generally closely follows the way in which they first appeared on the BB.
As everyone knows, I was vernecarty from first post. Then you had the sneaky types...tells you a lot about a man/woman...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:28:36 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2005, 10:51:51 pm »

Doggone it, no more cat and mouse.

vernecarty
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2005, 11:19:16 pm »

Verne,

Are you talking about me?  This is very depressing and discouraging.  You are not being very supportive and understanding.  I know you didn't like my pseudonym MGov, but tough.

Marcia aka MGov aka M2 aka MM Smiley

I guess I should qualify.
I liked you from the beginning and you know it.
The first thing you said to me was to take it easy on Luke and I found it easy to be entreated as you recall.
Tom Maddux was also initially an anonymous poster. I like the man very much.  Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:21:15 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2005, 11:25:21 pm »

Doggone it, no more cat and mouse.

Being catty are we?
Verne

p.s. don't mind my dogma
editor
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2005, 12:28:29 am »

I know I know...I was just trying to gently tease her into coming out... Smiley

Verne

p.s Is she still actually e-mailing you?
I seem to remember her coming to some sort of understanding by one of her posts so I am surprised that she is still worked up about what happened. Apparently some of us just can't stay away huh?
My opnion about folks generally closely follows the way in which they first appeared on the BB.
As everyone knows, I was vernecarty from first post. Then you had the sneaky types...tells you a lot about a man/woman...

Yes, among other things, she has several times rebuked me for having a bad "bedside manner."

I find it laughable.  The assumptions she makes on her part are the clear product of a life of taking and demanding.  She speaks from the perspective of "patient," and I exist as "provider."  It is my job to help her, not hurt her, and furthermore I must do so in a nice way.  (She's not used to ever having to pay one of her doctors, so she has become accustomed to getting help from pretty much everyone she meets, at no cost to her.)

Well, I didn't play her game, which in her mind was unchristlike.  She reminded me of the Hypocratic Oath that I took, which says,  "Above all, do no harm," and claimed that I harmed her, along with my bad bedside manner, bullying, "head up the butt," and a bunch of other things she prates on about. 

I'm not her doctor, and she's not my patient.  I refuse to play in her sandbox, where everything and everyone exists to help poor Lenore, and I won't let her pretend to be a "dear sister."  She's a phoney, she's nasty, and she's selfish. 

She's welcome to post here as she wishes, but she must understand that ideas have consequences, and her lousy ideas have the consequence of generating mockery and disdain. 

QUESTION: WHAT DOES IT MEAN  IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN?

just a question.....

Brent
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: