AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 03:21:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Robinsons have hurt the flock  (Read 83112 times)
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2003, 10:01:39 am »

Brent,
I noticed in your signature line that you have some things that you consider opposites.  Why do you consider truth and loyalty opposite?  I consider loyalty a good trait.

Andrea
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2003, 10:02:58 am »

Also,  how does one give positive and negative points?  I'm a dunderhead and still can't figure it out.  Anyone??

A
editor
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2003, 10:07:13 am »

St. Louis sister
Just warming up...

Attitude: +0/-3
[good] [bad]

I'm a llama!
      (No subject) on: Today at 01:04:58am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Here's another PM I can share with you, so you can post it to everyone else.

I was trying to approach you, and see if I could help what sounded to me like a bitter and disturbed person.  I figured that if I blasted you, you wouldn't want to talk, but I couldn't totally agree with you.  Your facts were correct, to a point.  I know a little more about what took place than you may realize, but I really didn't expect you to take a PM, that was intended to be a private bridge builder between us, and turn it into a public back-stab.

Now I know better, and I will not make the same mistake next time.

For everyone else, I will not share your private mail to me.  You are free to share in public anything I have ever written to you.  Dredge up email, PM's, whatever you can find and do your best to slander me.  I invite you.  Be my guest.  I have nothing to hide, including this Private Message.

Brent  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MGov

Email
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2003, 10:07:18 am »

Also,  how does one give positive and negative points?  I'm a dunderhead and still can't figure it out.  Anyone??

A

Why?  Does Brent need a -ve point?  I'll do it for you. (Just joking) Smiley
M
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2003, 10:10:26 am »

I need to give myself some positive points.  I just don't have ENOUGH!  Grin

Andrea
MGov

Email
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2003, 10:10:32 am »

STL Sister

A PM is a PM and should only be revealed with permission from the one that wrote it to you.  You may not agree with Brent, but you could have brought him to task on the BB without revealing his PM.

M
MGov

Email
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2003, 10:12:09 am »

I need to give myself some positive points.  I just don't have ENOUGH!  Grin

Andrea
That's one thing you can't do; someone else has to do it for you.  I just gave you one.
M
editor
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2003, 10:12:14 am »

Hi Andrea

Truth and loyalty are both part of God's character, but they are in tension with one another.

Truth alone is brutal.  There is no lie, and no deception, but there is also no covering or mercy.  A truthful parent, who has no loyalty to their children, calls the police if their child steals something, or drinks alchohol, etc.   They don't try to work things out, they just tell the whole truth.  Loyalty is needed here.

Loyalty is great, and necessary.  However, loyalty without truth, or being loyal to someone or something that is sinful, is absolutely wrong and become idolatry.  In other words, we become a blind follower of a blind guide, when we are loyal, but not truthful.

However, when the two are in balance, things are awesome.  Jesus is The Truth, but He is also a loyal friend.  You can take it from there.

Brent
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 10:16:21 am by B. Trockman » Logged
editor
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2003, 10:24:58 am »

STL Sister

A PM is a PM and should only be revealed with permission from the one that wrote it to you.  You may not agree with Brent, but you could have brought him to task on the BB without revealing his PM.

M

Very true.

I'm interested to see how the mercy and understanding flows from this one.  I think I should be the one to take the brunt of the judgement.  My PM can be read all sorts of ways, without asking me what I meant, and why I wrote it.  I think it should be construed exactly how our dear sister put it, I am slandering the St Louis kids.  (never mind the hundreds of words that they themselves typed on a public forum)

As for our dear anonymous sister, I think we should pretend that this never happened, and act as if she didn't post what she did, and be nice to her.  She said she was sorry.

Shoot, she may even be playing a game.  Think we'll ever find out?  Well, when I was admin on this board, I had no problem finding out who people were.  You can see their IP's on their posts.  I know Brian will keep as silent as a post about it, and well he should.  However, he will not allow people to impersonate others, or play dangerous games, if that is the case.

So, sis, what is it.  Were you lying in your first post, telling the truth, or are you just too big a coward to take a stand one way or the other?

Brent
editor
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2003, 10:29:20 am »

The reaction of the leadership to the crisis that engulfed the assemblies is most instructive. At the height of the maelstrom, one such individual in St. Louis simply had a letter of resignation read in his absence and advised the flock that he did not wish to be contacted. In view of the frightful allegations made against the standard bearer of the ministry they were associated with, the vast majority of them slunk away in silence.
No expressions of regret.
No provision for future shepherding of the flock.
No acknowldgement and renouncing of the heinous sins that were brought to light.

Dear Verne,
Thank you for making this public. The individual you are referring to is Jerry Robinson. I was shocked when that letter was read. How dare he just slink off like some rat and leave his sheep like that? The Robinson family always looked down on other families and I think they knew that they would be facing some major questions from us. They're very responsible for hurting the flock and they will be judged by God for it.

I hope they are not going to the upcoming wedding. Sure, they'll see the saints if they have to at weddings. If they have to answer questions though from unhappy saints, well that's too bad. In fact, if the Robinsons go to the wedding, we're not. What kind of example are they to the flock? What kind of parents are they? They allowed their sons (although both Luke and Paul are adults) to come on here and insult every person who looked at them side wise. Their presence at the happy occasion of a wedding would just dampen spirits. Do the wedding guests a favor and stay home.

Sis? did you write this?
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2003, 10:33:52 am »

Brent,
On your last post.

That's what I'm talking about!  Quite a dramatic change of heart isn't it?  

Andrea
editor
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2003, 10:40:43 am »

Brent,
On your last post.

That's what I'm talking about!  Quite a dramatic change of heart isn't it?  

Andrea

Which last post?  What are you talking about?  Who's change of heart?

Sorry, I'm a little confused.  Can you clarify?

Brent
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2003, 10:46:55 am »

Brent

My point is that I've been trying to say from my very first post on this thread that I think that this is someone just trying to stir things up around here.  The change of heart is from "sis" talking about how all of the Robinsons thought they were better than everyone else, and that the Robinson boys were insulting everyone....to utter defense of the Robinsons. (including information that he/she knew would get a rise out of people)

A
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 10:47:31 am by Andrea Denner » Logged
editor
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2003, 10:48:24 am »

Brent

My point is that I've been trying to say from my very first post on this thread that I think that this is someone just trying to stir things up around here.  The change of heart is from "sis" talking about how all of the Robinsons thought they were better than everyone else, and that the Robinson boys were insulting everyone....to utter defense of the Robinsons. (including information that he/she knew would get a rise out of people)

A

Well, I like that WHO song, we won't get fooled again!

Brent
editor
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2003, 10:56:41 am »

You know, I was thinking about the PM's that we use on the board, you know, the PUBLIC Messages?

I have some from a guy named Tony Edwards.  Lil' sis here uses his name, and says he is lying about things in ST. Louis.  I wonder, is he lying?  Could he be telling the truth?  He hasn't said anything on the BB, but a sister from St. Louis comes on here, followed by LB's kids from ST. Louis, and tell us how this guy named Tony is telling lies.

What is Tony saying?  Does he only lie?

Poor Tony.  He isn't here, but he gets called a liar from people in St. Louis.

I wonder if he would mind it if I shared his public messages to me.  I have around a dozen.

(Don't worry.  I would never do such a thing.  But the thought of it should cause our sis' to apologize pronto)

Sis, you're a snake, and I'll remember that.  I wonder who you are?

Brent

Hey Tony!  Can you PUBLIC MESSAGE me?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 11:07:40 am by B. Trockman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: