AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 07:57:00 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Robinsons have hurt the flock  (Read 82858 times)
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2003, 03:01:52 am »

Verne,
I believe that there is definitely context to sentiments that have been expressed on the board.   My only point here is that this poster is possibly not legitimate, has made character attacks, and has only served to upset people instead of bringing truth to light.
 Embarrassed
andrea

« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:03:13 am by Andrea Denner » Logged
Laurie

Email
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2003, 03:01:57 am »

Cry  I'M sooooooooooooo sorry verne, I'm here in tears repenting.  NOT, I could care less.  I have gone through the same crap as her.   On top of that, who are you?  Why are you in here?  This concerns St. Louis, not YOU.  Don't give me this objectional crap either.  You HAVE no clue what went on, goes on, and is still going on.  So please stick to the playground.

To Brent:
it sounds more like you are interpreting things a little differently
Roll Eyes That's a load of crap too.  You never heard the letter, you never met the sister, you never talked to Jerry Robinson.  So go ahead and trust someone who writes without a name, without proof, and with a boat load of excuses for her life.

XOXO
mark

Mark,
Matt's not from St. Louis and you don't say anything to him for posting in here. Neither you or Daniel reprimanded Matt for his posts to the sister in St. Louis. You have to be fair.
Love,
Laurie.
vernecarty
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2003, 03:05:06 am »

Verne,
I believe that there is definitely context to sentiments that have been expressed on the board.   My only point here is that this poster is not legitimate, has made character attacks, and has only served to upset people instead of bringing truth to light.
 Embarrassed
andrea
I am not upset Andrea, why are you or anyone else for that matter?. If what this poster is asserting is proven to be false, let the evidence establish that to be the case. This has been the pattern of the BB since its inception. You ought to know that by and large the people regularly posting here do not suffer fools gladly. If her statemets are fallacious, let that be proven. Simple no?
Verne

« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:06:45 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2003, 03:08:25 am »

Verne will you get our city name right?Huh
it's:
ST. LOUIS, not ST. Louiiuos, St. LOis, St. Luios, St. Lousi, etc.
Please forgive...I get to typing too fast sometimes...
Verne
ps I will immediately make corrections..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:10:25 am by vernecarty » Logged
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2003, 03:09:31 am »

I am not upset Andrea, why are you or anyone else for that matter?. If what this poster is asserting is proven to be false, let the evidence establish that to be the case. This has been the pattern of the BB since its inception. You ought to know that by and large the people regularly posting here do not suffer fools gladly. If her statemets are fallacious, let that be proven.Simple no?
Verne

I'm not upset either (although in disagreement with stl sister), but it is clear that this has rocked the boat of a few in St. Louis.  You talk about fallacious statements proven false, yet we don't have any solid statements to prove false because most of it is character attack, etc.  Or are we here to judge character?Huh  

So are we havin' fun yet Verne??

Andrea
vernecarty
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2003, 03:17:32 am »

Verne

Or are we here to judge character?Huh  

So are we havin' fun yet Verne??

Andrea
On the subject of character Oh, where to begin. This is an area in which conscience makes cowards of us all.
I would say in all honesty Andrea, the burden of proof rests squarely with those who served in positions of responsibility under George Geftakys. Were there some good men there? Yes I believe so. I am very troubled by the silence of so many Andrea. I have been saying this from day one...
Verne
p.s. definitely having fun... Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:19:56 am by vernecarty » Logged
Laurie

Email
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2003, 03:19:29 am »

Daniel, Mark, Matt, Luke, and Paul,

I think it is touching that you want to defend the elders so much, but due to your age, you think with your emotions and not with reason. That's especially how boys are. Until males are about 24, they tend to think with their penises instead of their brains. Since you are all males under 24, I highly suspect that you are thinking with you penises and not your brains. Let the older ones take care of this.

Love,
Laurie.
vernecarty
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2003, 03:23:23 am »

Daniel, Mark, Matt, Luke, and Paul,

I think it is touching that you want to defend the elders so much, but due to your age, you think with your emotions and not with reason. That's especially how boys are. Until males are about 24, they tend to think with their penises instead of their brains. Since you are all males under 24, I highly suspect that you are thinking with you penises and not your brains. Let the older ones take care of this.

Love,
Laurie.

Colorful...! I think the boys can make a valuable contribution...It is also clear that much of what they are saying is driven by the fright and fight stimulus response...(apparently the parents opted for flight)
This is entirely understandable as it is a very messy business...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:24:53 am by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2003, 04:35:46 am »

Laurie,

If you are a sister in the Lord, I do not think that you have prayed about what you should say, before posting.

M
MGov

Email
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2003, 05:55:22 am »

Verne,

As I read your posts on this thread, I appears to me that you are unable to think outside your 'box'.  Maybe the assembly has worn off on you more than you'd like to admit (sarcasm intended).

M
editor
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2003, 05:56:28 am »

Cry  I'M sooooooooooooo sorry verne, I'm here in tears repenting.  NOT, I could care less.  I have gone through the same crap as her.   On top of that, who are you?  Why are you in here?  This concerns St. Louis, not YOU.  Don't give me this objectional crap either.  You HAVE no clue what went on, goes on, and is still going on.  So please stick to the playground.

To Brent:
it sounds more like you are interpreting things a little differently
Roll Eyes That's a load of crap too.  You never heard the letter, you never met the sister, you never talked to Jerry Robinson.  So go ahead and trust someone who writes without a name, without proof, and with a boat load of excuses for her life.

XOXO
mark

Hi Mark

In case you didn't notice, I am defending you and  your family here.  I forgive you for saying what you said, because in the heat of the moment, with all the impulsive posts flying around, you may not have understood what I was saying.

I don't agree with this anonymous accusation.  I never said i read a letter, and I have never claimed to have spoken with Jerry, Ken, Paul, Rudy, or any other leader in Saint Louis.

If you want me to insult this person, and use this kind of speech, @#$%^@%%, well, I don't think it's right.  

So far, she has 2 things right.  There was a letter read in Jerry's absence, and he did leave.  Does this prove anything?  Nope.

Anonymous accusations, by definition, are not true.  Add a name, and back up what you say, and its a different story.

I agree with Pat Mathews, we don't know the half of it.  Unfortunately, what goes on behind closed doors doesn't help people who once looked up to their leaders.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2003, 05:57:43 am »

It always gives me pause when former leaders and workers start to take offense at what is said by those who criticise former Geftakys leadership. Other than the Lord's assessment himself, who to better give report on the shepherds than the sheep? It is amusing to see all the hackles rising now that some of the St Louis folks (other than leaders or their relatives) are expressing an opinion. Do we remember that it was the silence of so many for so long that enabled Geftakys? It seems to me the people concerned are big enough and smart enough to mount their own defense. Those of you experiencing distress at what is being suggested on the thread should invite the respective parties to clear up any lingering misunderstanding. Attacking and belittling people you disagree with is right out of the Assembly playbook.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 06:04:14 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2003, 06:08:10 am »

Verne,

As I read your posts on this thread, I appears to me that you are unable to think outside your 'box'.  Maybe the assembly has worn off on you more than you'd like to admit (sarcasm intended).

M
It is a rare soul that attempts to impugn the soundness of my intellect. You are certainly entitled to your opinion MGov.
Verne
p.s. the only people 'boxed in" are those too spiritually obstinate or simple-minded to process the clear lessons of that lamentable era. All the temporising and indignation notwithstanding, that entire endeavor has been ajudged as null and void...why don't we wait and observe the ultimate denoument...?
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 08:49:04 am by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2003, 06:10:20 am »

It is a rare soul that attempts to impugn the soundness of my intellect. You are certainly entitled to your opinion MGov.
Verne

Too GGish Verne.
M
vernecarty
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2003, 06:18:31 am »

Verne

Too GGish Verne.
M

My faults are many MGov, don't you dare compare me to that spiritual monster...
Verne
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: