AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 05:22:55 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Robinsons have hurt the flock  (Read 82866 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 02:16:11 am »

I'm not a moderator here, but if I was I would say this:

If you want to accuse someone, and use their name, it is only fitting to use your own name.  Anonymous accusation is pretty high up on the coward-scale.  

On the other hand, if I reacted to every anonymous accusation leveled at me, I would probably still have to react to 100 or so.  I got used to it, and let them roll off my back, because they were false.  The strong reaction to what "Saint Louis Sister" said is actually giving her(he? who knows?) far more credibility than she/he/it deserves.  

As far as I am concerned, nothing in her post should be believed or acted upon, because without a name attached, there is absolutely no way of knowing whether part, or all of it is fabricated.

Anonymous posts should be limited to comments about already public material.  Personal attacks, accusations, or evidence from anonymous sources should be ignored, unless they can be substantiated independently.

Even journalism follows these standards.  Certainly Christians should do the same.

Unless it can be verified that Jerry Robinson did do what he is accused of, we should pay no attention to the post.  Was Verne referring to Jerry Robinson in the quote above?  I don't know, and neither does Saint Louis Sister, because Verne doesn't say.   Verne??  Care to comment?

Now, as far as slinking away like a rat, looking down on other families, etc.  I would be willing to listen if I knew who I was speaking with, and heard some examples of why they came to those conclusions.  Until we can put a name and a face on something like this, it is baseless and without merit, IMHO.

2 or 3 witnesses people!  That's the standard.  Also, the first to plead his case seems right, until his neighbor comes and examines him.  Be careful......

Also, the point here is not to publicly display dirt on people, but to expose the Assembly system in order to learn from our mistakes.  Failure to do the above almost guarantee's that we will repeat the error in the future.

Brent
lookingaway

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 02:17:36 am »

dear st. louis sister
i can hardly believe someone actually had the nerve to write such an outrageous post. i haven't read this website for a number of months and am only writing now because of that unbelievable post.
the robinson's were a faithful part of the st. louis assembly giving more of their time and effort than you can ever know. i cannot BELIEVE that you actually had the nerve to say he slinked off like a rat! How in heaven's name can you blame him after 20 YEARS of serving the saints and people turning on them and accusing them without them able to defend themselves
all i have to say is.... shame on you
hannah dodorico
St. Louis sister

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 02:23:11 am »

?? Huh Saint Louis Sister,
This is one of the saddest things i have read on this bb. I know all of the sisters in stl and i can't beleive anyone sister would write this. So needless to say i am very saddned by this.I will pray for you.
Carolyn Dodorico

What did I say that was so wrong, Carolyn? Was it the truth that is wrong? I didn't make anything up...I told the website exactly what happened. I'm not surprised that the other elders' families (Teaters and Dodoricos) are here to justify the actions of the Robinsons. That's just slimy. I've never had a problem with Ken and Nancy or you and your husband. Your families are much more dignified and more ready to accept responsibility. The Robinsons aren't like you though. Do you see how they just jetted right outta there when it was too uncomfortable for them. And look what Daniel is saying to that poor blind brother, Tony. Daniel has no idea how good he has it, he's very spoiled compared to most people in the world his age. Daniel, but for the grace of God go YOU!

And Daniel,
You like to slam everyone else for trying to hold the Robinsons accountable, but you don't say anything to Matt or Andrea Denner for defending them. Have you not been keeping up on this board? Matt has been trying to defend the leading brothers for months, can you imagine? He defends GG and that wife-beating son of his. How do you sleep at night, Matt? Eulaha and Verne didn't do any damage to Luke and Paul Robinson, by the way. They were loving them by correcting their hateful ways. If anyone has damaged anyone on this board, it's YOU Matt and Luke and Paul Robinson. And now we can add Daniel Teater to the list. Daniel, your cousins were always stuck-up and insulting, but I didn't know you were like that too! I'm so sad!

A sister in Saint Louis.
vernecarty
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 02:25:36 am »

Perhaps we can now more clearly see the absolute potential for chaos and confusion at the failure of those with responsibility to speak, and I am not talking about the children. The silence has been corrosive...in all liklihood it will continue to be.
I agree that the naming of names does demand transparency. It is a fundamental tenet of jurisprudence to be able to face your accuser. That why the BB is here isn't it?
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 02:29:04 am by vernecarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 02:30:03 am »

St. Louis Sister

If what you are saying is true, then you have nothing to fear.  However, it is understandable that people would react violently to an anonymous accusation against a family member.  (I had no idea the Teater's and Robinson's were related)

If you could state the facts, and let people refute them, perhaps you would find a kinder audience.

From Lookingaway:
How in heaven's name can you blame him after 20 YEARS of serving the saints and people turning on them and accusing them without them able to defend themselves

This doesn't sound like St. Louis Sister is lying...it sounds more like you are interpreting things a little differently.

Please, take a few deep breaths, and then pray.  Speak the truth in Love.  Light can be painful, but it is of God. Darkness is the realm of the Devil.

Brent
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2003, 02:41:44 am »

Surely you don't think that St. Louis sister is a real poster do you???  Reread her/his posts.  This person has accomplished just what he/she wanted to by getting a bunch of you riled up and in attack mode.

Andrea
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 02:47:42 am by Andrea Denner » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2003, 02:43:49 am »

Mark:
I can understand your sensitivity on this issue as your family is involved. As I read your response though I cannot help but wonder if your are being entirely objective regarding what was alleged to be true. Have you for example considered why this sister felt and expressed the sentiments she did in view of what has ocurred in the minsitry you were a part of?
Verne
vernecarty
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2003, 02:47:30 am »

Surely you don't think that St. Louis sister is a real poster do you???  Reread the posts.  This person has accomplished just what he/she wanted to by getting a bunch of you riled up and in attack mode.

Andrea
Andrea you know better. There has been a consistency on this BB from regular posters on the matter of accountability of those in leadership in George's minsitry. This is hardly attack mode.  Has it ocurred to you that the kind of discussion we are having is a direct result of the silence of the men in charge in St Louis? You notice we are not talking for example about Omaha...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 02:48:27 am by vernecarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2003, 02:48:10 am »

To this whole board, mostly people from STL on this board.  Many of you are spreading lies, and rumors.  Calling people names, slandering, and other things is just stupid and childish.  Grow a pair of ba..... sorry, Get some courage and use a phone, better yet schedule a time to talk in person to someone.  I am SICK, AND TIRED of you little cowards whispering insults, then running and hiding.  WHAT are you?  A First Grader???  COME ON!!!!  Many people are using this board for the wrong reasons.  It's like a Grocery Store check-out line, all the gossip, crap, sh**, etc. is collecting right here.  GET A LIFE!!!

Hi Mark  

So what you are saying is that St. Louis Sister's post is not true, and that she didn't talk to anyone in person first?

Here we have a problem.  Her post is worth nothing, being anonymous, yet there is heated response to it.  The best course of action is to ignore it, but we are a little past that now.

The next best thing to do is to refute it, which cannot be done unless we know who wrote it.

This is a true test for many of us, because it will prove where our loyalty lies.  Do we really stand for the truth, even if it exonerates an "ex-assembly leader," or do we selectively use the truth for our own purposes?  The way we respond to something like this will define us.

In this case, given what we know, and more importantly what we don't know, I must wholeheartedly side with the Teater's and Dodorico's, and I'm sure by proxy, with the Robinson's.  Anonymous posts of this nature can't be proven or disproven, and therefore cannot be considered truth.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2003, 02:52:50 am »

The matter open to dispute is the St Louis' sister's characterization of the Robinson's demeanor toward other families. The matter of the letter that was read is apparently not in dispute. The first matter is clearly a matter of subjectivity and not testable by normal rules of evidence. We already have some basis for determining the truthfulness of the poster, though she is anonymous.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 02:53:54 am by vernecarty » Logged
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 02:52:59 am »

Andrea you know better. There has been a consistency on this BB from regular posters on the matter of accountability of those in leadership in Geroge's minsitry. This is hardly attack mode.  Has it ocurred to you that the kind of discussion we are having is a direct result of the silence of the men in charge in St Louis? You notice we are not talking for example about Omaha...
Verme

His/her posts have absolutely no solid accusation except that they "slunk away like rats".  By "attack mode" I was meaning the high level of offense taken and replies back.
Let them reveal themselves and give examples.   I agree with MGov that they (given they are really who they say they are and have legitimate concerns/problems) would preferably take this up with the Robinson's themselves and not air dirty laundry here.

Andrea
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2003, 02:53:57 am »

We already have some basis for determining the truthfulness of the poster, though she is anonymous.
Verne

And that would be???
Andrea
vernecarty
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2003, 02:56:38 am »

Fair enough Andrea. But why are we pretending that there is no context to the sentiments and perceptions being expresed. Have we forgotten what has happened in that ministry? Are we truly surprised that there are individuals that feel this way? Whatever happened to healing?
Verne
vernecarty
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2003, 02:58:31 am »

We already have some basis for determining the truthfulness of the poster, though she is anonymous.
Verne

And that would be???
Andrea
I purposefully avoided using anyone's name when I referenced the letter read from a former leading brother in St Louis. The sister correctly identified the individual.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:10:02 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2003, 03:01:12 am »

Cry  I'M sooooooooooooo sorry verne, I'm here in tears repenting.  NOT, I could care less.  I have gone through the same crap as her.   On top of that, who are you?  Why are you in here?  This concerns St. Louis, not YOU.  Don't give me this objectional crap either.  You HAVE no clue what went on, goes on, and is still going on.  So please stick to the playground.
Quite right, that I don't know what went on. That's why we are here is it not? Now, do you intend to enlighten me or will you leave the task to others?
Verne
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 03:01:54 am by vernecarty » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: