AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 07:10:36 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Robinsons have hurt the flock  (Read 82867 times)
Matt

Email
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2003, 08:30:13 am »

Verne,
Here is one nasty thing from the "why leaders are responsible" thread that i will directly quote you on:
It ought to be obvious to any objective reader that the treatment dished out to Luke and Paul Robinson for some of the things they posted was well-deserved. It is sad that I had to be the one to do it. Kinda reminds you of how things were in the assemblies doesn't it?. You think anyone buys that garbage about being a good example when you are dealing with raving lunatics?

I can remember more that i'm not going to look back through all the threads...something about diapers, some other belittling remarks like "pugnacious pup." You only mentioned that I accused you of making nasty remarks on the "why leaders are ..." thread anyway. It would be foolish of you to deny that you ever said nasty remarks to Luke and Paul. That would have me questioning your own credibility, sir.

. At the height of the maelstrom, one such individual in St. Louis simply had a letter of resignation read in his absence and advised the flock that he did not wish to be contacted.

I never accused you, by the way, of starting the sister in st. louis thread. You added that yourself. (remember that wild imagination of yours that we were talking about) I accused you of staring the "why leaders are responsible thread" based on the email that Tony Edwards sent you. (see the above quote...where did you garner that information?) Get the facts straight, sir. I'd ask for an apology for accusing you of starting the stl sister thread, and also for your denying that you ever said nasty things to Luke and Paul, but that would be asking too much. You're on Brent's side, so you are exempt from apologizing for anything =)

Lord bless.

- Matt

The above, everyone else, was in response to this post by verne:

Quote from: vernecarty on Today at  01:53:56pm    

Quote from: Matt on Today at  03:30:16am    
I was Verne-bashing when I asked him to apologize for saying those nasty things about Luke and Paul on the "why leaders are responsible thread."

Quote from: Matt on May 21, 2003, 02:25:19 pm    

Verne:
I am curious too. You say you are for healing and yet you did your best to damage Paul and Luke Robinson when they were on this BB. As their elder, you surely had a responsibility to set a good example for them, and you didn't, sir. Then you start a thread trying to discredit their parents based on the observations of a blind man - a man who has sent many false rumors out there about the Robinsons to random people not even involved in the St. Louis assembly (like the both of us for example). I guess it's no surprise that you'd be one of the first to post in this thread. You're going to be held accountable for hurting God's people, Verne.  

Trying hard to be gracious but pray tell...what nasty things? Please post them for all to see...
Matt do you remember accusing me of starting the thread actually started by the sister in St Louis? I did not even bother to protest that false accusation. I will ask again- what nasty things on that thread did I say about Luke and Paul?    
    Please post...
Verne

I am reposting as I am still patiently waiting for a response from Matt. If you are going to recklessly throw out these kinds of accusations, you ought to be prepared to defend them with facts. Please indicate your previous basis for the allegations regarding nasty comments about the Robinson boys. You have me wondering about your credibility Matt...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 08:33:08 am by Matt » Logged
editor
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2003, 08:33:06 am »

Mark, can you please lock this thread?  I think we are more than done with it.

Hopefully, we can resolve this properly on the new thread.  I think this St. Louis Sister affair is one of the darkest hours we have seen in this whole endeavor.

Brent
Matt

Email
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2003, 08:35:04 am »

Mark,
Please don't lock it until verne responds to my post. Thanks!
- Matt
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2003, 11:22:11 am »

Dear Hearts, One and All,

As it appears that Mark Campbell is garnering a well-deserved night's sleep, and Brent either doesn't want to wake him or doesn't have his phone # (i have it, Brent),
i will ask you to let this be the final post on this thread.

Any further discussion regarding this topic should be addressed as follows (provided by Mark Teater):
--------------------------------------------------
For those of you wondering where the "other thread" is click here: http://www.briantucker.net/bb/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=421

It's in:
Any and All Topics
Topic: Resolving the "Saint Louis Sister" fiasco.
--------------------------------------------------
     Thanks for helping to bring a close to this thread.  Pray for and post upon the "other thread" to the end that Jesus Christ may be honored and injured saints healed.

al Hartman

vernecarty
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2003, 03:11:20 pm »

Verne,
Here is one nasty thing from the "why leaders are responsible" thread that i will directly quote you on:
It ought to be obvious to any objective reader that the treatment dished out to Luke and Paul Robinson for some of the things they posted was well-deserved. It is sad that I had to be the one to do it. Kinda reminds you of how things were in the assemblies doesn't it?. You think anyone buys that garbage about being a good example when you are dealing with raving lunatics?

I can remember more that i'm not going to look back through all the threads...something about diapers, some other belittling remarks like "pugnacious pup." You only mentioned that I accused you of making nasty remarks on the "why leaders are ..." thread anyway. It would be foolish of you to deny that you ever said nasty remarks to Luke and Paul. That would have me questioning your own credibility, sir.

. At the height of the maelstrom, one such individual in St. Louis simply had a letter of resignation read in his absence and advised the flock that he did not wish to be contacted.

I never accused you, by the way, of starting the sister in st. louis thread. You added that yourself. (remember that wild imagination of yours that we were talking about) I accused you of staring the "why leaders are responsible thread" based on the email that Tony Edwards sent you. (see the above quote...where did you garner that information?) Get the facts straight, sir. I'd ask for an apology for accusing you of starting the stl sister thread, and also for your denying that you ever said nasty things to Luke and Paul, but that would be asking too much. You're on Brent's side, so you are exempt from apologizing for anything =)

Lord bless.

- Matt

The above, everyone else, was in response to this post by verne:

Quote from: vernecarty on Today at  01:53:56pm    

Quote from: Matt on Today at  03:30:16am    
I was Verne-bashing when I asked him to apologize for saying those nasty things about Luke and Paul on the "why leaders are responsible thread."

Quote from: Matt on May 21, 2003, 02:25:19 pm    

Verne:
I am curious too. You say you are for healing and yet you did your best to damage Paul and Luke Robinson when they were on this BB. As their elder, you surely had a responsibility to set a good example for them, and you didn't, sir. Then you start a thread trying to discredit their parents based on the observations of a blind man - a man who has sent many false rumors out there about the Robinsons to random people not even involved in the St. Louis assembly (like the both of us for example). I guess it's no surprise that you'd be one of the first to post in this thread. You're going to be held accountable for hurting God's people, Verne.  

Trying hard to be gracious but pray tell...what nasty things? Please post them for all to see...
Matt do you remember accusing me of starting the thread actually started by the sister in St Louis? I did not even bother to protest that false accusation. I will ask again- what nasty things on that thread did I say about Luke and Paul?    
    Please post...
Verne

I am reposting as I am still patiently waiting for a response from Matt. If you are going to recklessly throw out these kinds of accusations, you ought to be prepared to defend them with facts. Please indicate your previous basis for the allegations regarding nasty comments about the Robinson boys. You have me wondering about your credibility Matt...
Verne

Verne viciously attacked them here, and it was probably because Brent Tr0ckman has been known to disagree very much with them. Think about why.

Verne:
 Then you start a thread trying to discredit their parents based on the observations of a blind man - a man who has sent many false rumors out there about the Robinsons to random people not even involved in the St. Louis assembly (like the both of us for example). I guess it's no surprise that you'd be one of the first to post in this thread. You're going to be held accountable for hurting God's people, Verne.

As I thought...thanks for the response Matt, but I  must conclude based on this response that I for one have pursued this as far as is profitable...I do find it telling that having posted some of the things you have Matt, you of all people would have the temerity to take me to task for the above statements. I am not impressed...the Lord reserved His most strident criticism for hypocrites so forgive me if I find it difficult to take your reprimand on this subject too seriously - you lack credibility my friend...
Verne
p.s. I am not too concerned about the accusations you level against me Matt; I do suggest you publicly correct your libel of Tony Edwards...you are clearly not as keen a judge of character as you imagine...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 07:20:31 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2003, 07:41:13 pm »

To All! Smiley

I am now awake and will lock this thread as commanded!

God Bless,  Mark
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: