AssemblyBoard
May 08, 2024, 03:31:26 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George's Missing Year at Biola  (Read 3307 times)
DavidM
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:41 am »

Before getting his BA at Biola College George left for a year and then came back. His explanation for this has been that he joined the marines, was injured and after receiving a discharge returned to Biola. This may be true, yet it raises questions. Why can't it be verified? Why does George's accounting seem to contradict itself? (One time it's a hernia another time it's something else.)  Why would George suddenly quit college? Too hard?  Discouraged with the lack of christian zeal he witnessed on the campus? (He did mention this.) Or could it have been a disciplinary action taken against him? (While working with the campus ministry in 85, a brother from U.S.C. was attending our meetings in West L.A.. While he was attending our meetings this particular brother  was disciplined by the administration for bothering  a woman. As I remember he was given a 1 year suspension.) Doesn't this fit George's pattern? I just can't see George "quitting" college and then coming back. Yes it is only speculation and it may be impossible to ever find out the truth. Thought I should just put this out! 

Tom, in regards to the other thread, while I was around George he was great at avoiding questions about his past. While I was in fellowship my job, twice, brought me into contact with men who knew him at Grace Bible Chapel. I though to myself, "Hey, I will mention this to George!" So when I saw him I said, "George I talked with a Mr. Biddlecomb......a Mr. Wilkerson....."   George would immediately change the subject walk away. Of course at the time I thought, "Gee I must have offended him." 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:03:05 am by DavidM » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 01:50:02 am »

THE CHIMES   BIOLA UNIVERSITY      6-17-60

MISSING FOR A YEAR, STUDENT SUDDENLY REAPPEARS

A student, missing for nearly a year, reappeared on Tuesday at the same
location where he was last seen by witnesses. George Geftakys, a sophomore,
had been reported missing last May, as he sat outside the library at Biola University.

"It was the aliens!!" said Nathan Friedman, a student and eyewitness to the disappearance. "They
took George from right over there!" said Friedman, pointing towards a bench by the Library. "They
took him into their Spaceship!!" he said excitedly. "It was shaped like a Giant Hand, and there was
lots of aliens inside" said Friedman "I could see 'em through the windows in their space ship!"

"I saw them all right" said Friedman, "The men aliens wore three piece suits, and the women aliens had on head- coverings" he added. "They came to our planet for coffee, 'cause they're running out of it on theirs" he said. "They use it for enemas" he added quickly.  Despite his strange story, Friedman appeared to be totally serious. "They brought George back after their experiments" he said. "When George came off the ship he had a stack of head coverings,and three piece suits with him. He started trying to get people to wear them. It's all part of a plan for world domination" said Friedman nervously. "They set up their colonies, called 'assemblies', and they plant them everywhere!!" he said loudly. "They take over the human body through the head coverings and suits!!" he said.  "Whoever wears them is never the same again!!" he warned anxiously.  "I heard George repeating 'Fullerton, Fullerton, Fullerton' with this huge smile on his face. I think he might be going there soon" said Friedman.  Friedman was very serious, but many other students called him a "nutcase".

Despite Friedman's strange story, everyone is just glad Geftakys is alright, and appears to be in completely good health. He was unavailable for comment as of this printing. More news to follow.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:30:18 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
DavidM
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 04:20:07 am »

"oi" "What's he doing back?" Geftakys looked at Ron and Harry with a smirk. "SSHHH" quipped Hermione, "He's been back since the Sorting Hat Ceremony." "But he was hit with a Flamorous Charm" Answered Harry, "It was in the Daily Prophet."

GEORGE GEFTAKYS HIT WITH A FLAMOROUS CHARM by Rita Skeeter

"Yes but there he is kissing up to professor Snape!" said Ron a little too loudly. "Thats 10 points from Gryffindor!" Yelled Severus, "Now shut up and open your books!"

"I sure hope he's not with the third years!" Whispered Ron.

Too Much Time on My hands!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:13:26 pm by DavidM » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: