AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 07:58:15 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Role for Brent  (Read 2556 times)
editor
« on: March 08, 2004, 07:08:35 am »

Hello everyone,

Something needs to be done when people call the truth, "gossip," and then go on to declare their intentions to make disciples.  This isn't healthy,  and each of us should do our part to stop such "disciples," from ever being recruited.

We can't stop a person from having meetings in their home, nor dare we ever try.  This is America,  and our freedom, such as it remains, is precious.

Part of that freedom is that while Jeff has a right to practice his religion, we have the right to practice ours.  As for me,  my faith and conscience dictates that at times I speak out against lies,  and wage war against those who would pervert the Faith.

I don't feel obligated to wage war against every aberrent group, even if it were possible.

I did feel strong obligation to wage war against Geftakys and his group, and did so with all of my might.

However, currently, while I recognize that the battle is not over; and even though I really want to be on the front lines (in some ways) I honestly feel that it is best if I not do so.

Others need to have their opportunity to act in the way they see fit, according to their convictions.  

Others, hopefully many others,  need to step up and fight the battle in their own way.  The best way that I can help,  is to step back and let them take action on their own.

Should no one act,  so be it.  Even if I did something at this point, I don't have any conviction that it would be effective.  I have shared some ideas recently of what I think would work, but I am unable to do it, so someone else needs to step up.

With this post,  goes my prayer that those of you are are contemplating what you should do,  or whether or not you should act in some way,  would be courageous and bold.  Fight the good fight, don't grow weary, and BE WISE!

I have no doubt that God does want the Assemblies to go away completely,  and the prisoners go free.  I also know,  that somehow,  He has allowed the current circumstances to take place for a reason.

I believe that reason is so that I can step back, and others can step up for round two,  which may not resemble what happened a year ago.

God bless you all,  and don't be fearful.  Now is your chance to make a difference.

Brent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: