AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 10:01:07 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: As King, I set the rules.  (Read 11585 times)
editor
« on: May 26, 2003, 05:41:19 am »

Hello

I can now add to my titles of omniscience, omnipotence, arrogance, liar and strategic manipulator, the glorious title of King.

I really appreciate this last one, because although I have never said any of this about myself---except the part of arrogance, which I have many times repented of---this recent title was given to me by one of my loving followers.

So, now that I am king, I would like to set a few rules:

1.) Each poster is allowed to bash, insult, ignore and twist my words up to 4 times per thread.  If more than 4 insults or bashes are required, a new thread must be started, for the specific purpose of denouncing me.
2.) We must show tremendous patience and leeway to everyone who lies or distorts the truth on this BB, especially those who do it anonymously.  No patience or understanding will be extended to me, at any time, for any reason.  
3.) No one is under any obligation to apologize to the King, me, at any time, or for any reason.
4.) Posters are allowed to ignore facts if said facts seem to cast the Assembly, or any of its former or current leaders in a negative light.  When ignoring of facts is difficult, and the poster has insulted me 4 times, they are allowed to insult Verne Carty up to 100 times, without recourse.
5.) Verne must apologize frequently to everyone, whenever they ask him to.

We will define truth as follows:

Truth is what makes us feel better about the utter failure of the Assembly, and allows us to not face the facts about our involvement in it.

We will define falsehood as follows:

Falsehood is anything that might indicate that anyone except Brent is wrong.  If something is said that proves Brent right, it is falsehood.  Anything that discredits the truth(used in the old sense) of the Assembly is now called falsehood.

The King has spoken.

Brent

PS, I am letting you all in on the behind the scenes manipulation that I practice.  I type it, and you follow it.  You can't deny that this is exactly what is happening, eh?  I really do have the power!

If anyone thinks this is uncivilized, they need only look to one of the few remaining monarchies, Great Britain.  Ever seen what goes on in the House of Commons?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 06:09:31 am by B. Trockman » Logged
editor
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 07:00:46 am »

Here's the deal.

As long as you go along with me, I'll be nice.  

However, if any of you disagree with me, on anything, I will make up a story about you and spread it all around.

OK?
Matt

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 07:11:38 am »

I'm curious. Who made up a story about you?
editor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 07:14:16 am »

I'm curious. Who made up a story about you?

I am not aware of any.  What I was saying below is that I will make up a story about YOU.   Grin

Then, after you are really hurt, I will type a short note and apologize for part of it.

You may have realized that I haven't done this yet.  I'm just trying to get a consensus for who is vulnerable to my manipulation.

Brent
MGov

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 08:24:34 am »

Actually Brent I think that there are many advantages for Brent-bashing:

1. Brent deserves it.
2. It keeps the board in the realm of high-action drama, as opposed to mundane.
3. It gives Brent multiple extra opportunities to turn to the Lord.
4. It is our duty because 'a brother/sister is born for adversity'.
5. Someone has to bear the 'brunt' of it Bernt!

Just Joking, of course, Smiley
M
editor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 08:29:17 am »

Actually Brent I think that there are many advantages for Brent-bashing:

1. Brent deserves it.
2. It keeps the board in the realm of high-action drama, as opposed to mundane.
3. It gives Brent multiple extra opportunities to turn to the Lord.
4. It is our duty because 'a brother/sister is born for adversity'.
5. Someone has to bear the 'brunt' of it Bernt!

Just Joking, of course, Smiley
M

Quite right.  I expect that after a brief respite, we shall all be on my case again!

Brent
MGov

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 08:33:26 am »

What I don't understand is that you claim that everyone is bashing Brent, but I'm the one with -17 points and Brent only has -7!!

't is a mystery,
M
editor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 08:35:48 am »

I am being bashed in the posts, you are being bashed in the points.

that's the only real difference.  Besides, I am the king here, at least that is what they tell me.  I would rather not be, but if that is my lot in life, I will do what kings do, and rule the kingdom!

Brent
Matt

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 08:35:58 am »

What I don't understand is that you claim that everyone is bashing Brent, but I'm the one with -17 points and Brent only has -7!!

't is a mystery,
M

Yes, but you also have far more positive points than our King, long live him!
MGov

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 08:39:24 am »

Okay, Matt and Brent you both deserve a +ve point for that, however someone just gave me another -ve point!!!
M
Matt

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2003, 08:54:12 am »

"I am being bashed in the posts, you are being bashed in the points." - King Brent

"Yes, and it only matters if Brent is being bashed or his supporters. If affirming, the Robinsons, the Teaters, myself, or anyone who has the gall to question Brent is being "bashed," well that's just to teach us a lesson? " - Rebel subject of King Brent, Matt Peeling

"Besides, I am the king here, at least that is what they tell me"
- King Tr0ckman

"Rather, you've done a great job acting the part the last few months, your royal heiness!" - Unruly subject of King Tr0ckman, Matt Peeling

"I would rather not be, but if that is my lot in life, I will do what kings do, and rule the kingdom!" - Royal Decree from his majesty, King Brent.

"Oh, the humility! I guess we aren't justified in calling you arrogant after all! Heil Brent!" - Formerly troublesome subject of King Tr0ckman, Matt Peeling

« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 09:10:52 am by Matt » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 05:59:11 pm »

Hello

I can now add to my titles of omniscience, omnipotence, arrogance, liar and strategic manipulator, the glorious title of King.

I really appreciate this last one, because although I have never said any of this about myself---except the part of arrogance, which I have many times repented of---this recent title was given to me by one of my loving followers.

The King has spoken.

Brent

PS, I am letting you all in on the behind the scenes manipulation that I practice.  I type it, and you follow it.  You can't deny that this is exactly what is happening, eh?  I really do have the power!

If anyone thinks this is uncivilized, they need only look to one of the few remaining monarchies, Great Britain.  Ever seen what goes on in the House of Commons?

Brent said:
You can't deny that this is exactly what is happening, eh?
The question: Is he Canadian?

The Israelites asked for a king like the nations; is this what it has come down to?
The question: Are you tall and handsome like Saul,
or are you a shepherd and play a harp like David; have you killed any lions and bears?

M
editor
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2003, 07:01:01 pm »

The question: Are you tall and handsome like Saul,
or are you a shepherd and play a harp like David; have you killed any lions and bears?
M

No Lions, but I have killed plenty of snakes and crocks.

I play guitar and piano, used to play drums.

I'm 5'10" and my wife thinks I OK looking.....

Brent
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 08:43:42 am »

Methinks we need to hear from Queen Suzi some remarks about who REALLY sits upon the throne...
MGov

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2003, 07:49:32 pm »

Brent,

If you can play BOTH the drums and the guitar for the instrumental Wipeout(Surfaris) then we will declare you king over this BB.
You must post a video clip with sound, in order to qualify.

M
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: