AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 05:16:22 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What really compromises our testimony???  (Read 9051 times)
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2003, 05:07:50 am »

Heide,

Yes, we had bachelor parties.  We called them 'fandangos' in order to avoid the stereotypes associated with the term 'bachelor party'.  However, we did find out that the term fandango has roots in immorality.  I just called them 'G-rated bachelor parties' so it was clear that they weren't obscene.  

These G-rated bachelor parties always included the brother telling the story of how he and his fiancee got engaged.  Then other brothers (including some non-leaders) would share verses about marriage and some advice.  There was food.  Lots of food (hey, we're guys).  Pizza was common.

The best G-rated bachelor party of all (without question) was Mark Owens'.  He married Ruth Hansen from Chicago last August.  I made their wedding video and included Mark's party (held at the Lehmkuhl's house).  It was a riot.  All the guys had to come in 50's costumes.  Mark came as Elvis.  He lip-synced several songs including "Love Me Tender" and "Hound Dog".  He even did the hip gyration thing.  The 'King' would have been proud.  One brother showed up as Ray Charles.  Nancy and Abigail Lehmkuhl helped serve the food and had the wildest hair-dos.  There was a bubble-gum bubble-blowing contest, musical chairs, name that tune, burgers, fries and lots of bottled Coca Cola.  Chris Jose organized it and deserves the credit.  Yep, Mark is a fun guy and quite the ham!  I crack up just thinking about it.

Jack
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: