AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 12:55:47 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Geftakys is a Fraud!!!  (Read 15450 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2003, 12:12:28 am »

For the record:

Tim has preached more than once since he "stepped down."  He failed to mention the "other" time when Tony called him to ask about my recent article.

I know what Eulaha is talking about.  I don't know who bluejay is.

Tim is disqualified, and should not preach at all.  If people are stupid enough to allow him, and listen to him, GOOD RIDDANCE!

Brent
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2003, 12:16:29 am »

Well said Brent! Grin Grin Grin
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 12:57:49 am »

Brent,
I'm glad you clarified that to me and now to everyone else. This is the type objectivity I was referring to when I posted the "shutup" message.

Various people have been deeply offended over the years by Tim and the whole Geftakys clan. I understand having to vent but I was just saying (and a little too forcefully) that I need information rather than vague references. Why can't details be included rather than amorphous allegations?

I hope we can still be friends rather than start ganging up on each other (philosophically or otherwise). I really do want this to be a rebuilding time for everyone. So, with that I apologize if my choice of words was rude.

T
David Mauldin
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2003, 02:34:49 am »

He Bluejay,, Maby it would be good for you to talk with Tim.  I talked with him about 3 weeks agoand eben though he wasn't up front with me it was great to get some stuff out of my system.  
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2003, 03:55:04 am »

Tim Souther - I hear what your saying and under normal circumstances I would, but I just think that would be a complete and total waste of time.  

Im not trying to be sarcastic towards you but I have better things to do then talk to someone who is just going to look me in the face and lie.  He is just an extremely arrogant and dishonest man who craves power, and the assembly was the only place his act would ever fly.

I think I'll just keep posting!!!
Oscar

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2003, 09:24:53 am »

Tom:
Your comments suggest the absence of an objective standard. Is the adduced condemnation based on violation of the clear teaching of Scripture? If it is, whence the charge of moral superiority?...All have sinned...
Verne

Well Verne,

Lets take the standard, "Thou shall not steal".

If I take it upon myself to inform the world that Joe Blow is a thief, I think that anyone who read my post would be quite reasonable in concluding that I am against stealing.  In other words, that I am condemning Joe's behavior.

If I were to feel that Joe's actions were normal and acceptable, why would I be motivated to report them?

For example, regarding Tim Geftakys, who was the subject of the "accusations";  I didn't notice anyone posting that Tim Geftakys is a dirty rotton low down BREATHER!!   He has been seen BREATHING by multiple witnesses!  Its not news.  It doesn't really tell you anything about the man's character at all.

But if I call a man a thief, I am acting as an exposer of evil, an agent of righteousness who wishes others to join me in condemnation of the guilty one.  I am raising a public outcry against the man.

When Tim is called a "snake" or "rat" or whatever, I think that that is dirty pool.
Even the Pharisees had to meet minimum standards of justice.  "Does our law condemn a man unheard?", "In the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established."

If a poster has an accusation against Tim G., they should step up to the plate and say what it is.  If they don't like the man, they should say so AND say why with some specificity.  

But just standing back and hurling nasty names and insults at people is nothing but reviling.

In saying this, I don't mean to say that I think Tim G. is an innocent victim.  I just mean that people who undertake to remove the mote from Tim Geftakys' eye should make sure that they themselves are acting properly.

Thomas Maddux
Mark Kisla
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2003, 10:35:15 pm »

I think those who know the truth about  Geftakys  are are moving forward and away from it's bondage.
 As a parent I am concerned for young people including my own children who could be deceived by a George or a Tim that the assembly is "Gods testimony on this earth". We all heard that those in fellowship in a place other than the assembly were "missing out " on Gods best. That is one heck of a snare.
Obviously you can protect your  children by the example of your own personal relationship with God and dialog with them.
My heart aches for the newly saved who are hungry for the truth and are 'baited' with what comes out of George and Tims mouth. I remember George once said in a St Louis meeting that he was "fascinated by the psychology of man and enjoyed the study of it",  he learned it well. George definately knows what buttons to push and what strings to pull. We can protect our own children how can we protect our new brothers and sisters in Christ ?
Oscar

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2003, 03:26:08 am »

No argument here Tom. I agree with your clarification. Absent the clear sanction of Holy Writ, we all run the risk of judging amiss. I am sure you would agree though, in the case of many of the gentlemen under consideration, the accumulated weight of evidence may indeed warrant a move form the specific to the general vis a vis character assessment.   Wink
I do agree we need to be careful. Thanks for the clarification my friend...
Verne

On the idea of moving from specific to general, point well taken.

Each one of the Geftakys clan is an individual though.  I confronted Tim G. back in 1990
 with the existence of Dorian Enterprises, a corportation controlled by the assembly.  
Tim's response indicated to me that he simply didn't know about it.
So I think each one has their own level of involvement.

I attended a prayer meeting of the Fullerton assembly a couple of weeks ago.  A brother came up to me, shook my hand, and said, "forgive me for shunning you, brother".  My response was "I always understood that you folks believed you were serving God in doing it, but as you now see, you were wrong."

I think one must differentiate between acts resulting from being a recipient of false teaching, and acts resulting from a desire to harm or bully.  The problem is that only God can see the heart.

I'm willing to forgive any of these brothers if I believe they have genuinely repented.  But there needs to be a demonstration of repentence that involves seeking out the victims and dealing honestly with issues.   Just an "I'm sorry" directed to no one in particular seems a little weak.

God bless,
Tom Maddux
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2003, 02:37:47 am »

Well said Verne!!!
wolverine

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2003, 05:21:57 am »

The occasional flaming salvo notwithstanding, this BB by and large displays the manifold wisdom of God in the diversity of its contributions.

Are you serious?HuhHuh It displays the manifold wisdom of God about as much as the front of a school bus does...

VerneFan
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 05:23:47 am by Paul Robinson » Logged
4Him

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2003, 10:51:28 am »

HearYeHearYe...
"By-and-large",
in manifold wisdom,
I think your both (Paul/Verne) right!  Roll Eyes
But more me than either of you.  Wink

PaulVerneBluejayfan

PS - I'm going to bed.  Tongue