AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 07:37:48 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Constitution Studying  (Read 22434 times)
hopon

Email
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2005, 04:48:32 am »

"they have not generated any interest, such as Lenore's have"  Huh

Maybe we should take a poll to confirm this??

2r

Go for it.

".....there are some who actually read them and say they enjoy some of it." was what I was told.  Grin
Oscar

Email
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2005, 04:55:10 am »

Wow! My last 5 posts were just deleted. That's kind of drastic, isn't it?

Actually, they are still available under the Constitution Study thread.

I took them off the front page because you posted them after I asked you to stop.  

2ram...the poll has already been taken.  There was no apparent interest in Hopon's postings, as measured by the number of replies and comments.

PS...I am not going to allow anonymous posters (who are acting like trolls) to take over the board.

Thomas Maddux

hopon

Email
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2005, 06:34:36 am »

Well, Tom, I'm not seeing them anywhere, not even on this thread itself.

Your request was stated exactly like this " Unless your thread generates some interest on the BB, I would suggest that you bring it to a close."

Now to me, it is a suggestion to consider, that if my thread doesn't generate interest in the near future, that I should bring it to a close. So, with respect to your suggestion, I posted my last 5 posts and another post to inform my captive audience that there would be no more to follow, but you deleted them.

You were not threatening to delete my posts, as you, or another moderator, had threatened Lenore with shortening, but never followed thru.

It may be of some interest to you, and this is probably the factor that got your religious fur up, that the motive for my postings was not to mock Lenore, although the comparison between a few of my posts and her method of posting was very similar. These similarities did make me chuckle and encouraged me to continue posting the longer posts in the way that I did.

Lenore's posts seem to be of value to you because of a few responses to them, BUT Lenore responded with interest to MY posts. Now, wouldn't that say something to you? Maybe MY posts are valuable to her. Maybe SHE would like to read them.

Do you really think that the average person, even if they were interested in reading the constitution, would admit that they enjoyed it?  Roll Eyes

There have been many complaints about Lenore's method of posting and you did nothing about that situation. Many people beseeched her, to no avail. You did nothing.

Please give me the consideration of replacing the last 5 posts of mine that you deleted.
Regardless of what "acting like a troll" means in BB lingo, I find that offensive, especially since you don't refer to Lenore in the same way. Oh, I forgot, she has gotten more responses to her player piano paper rolls than I have.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:07:25 am by hopon » Logged
2ram
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2005, 08:49:21 am »

Actually, they are still available under the Constitution Study thread.

I took them off the front page because you posted them after I asked you to stop. 

2ram...the poll has already been taken.  There was no apparent interest in Hopon's postings, as measured by the number of replies and comments.

PS...I am not going to allow anonymous posters (who are acting like trolls) to take over the board.

Thomas Maddux

Hi Tom,

I say this kindly and you will have to take my word for it since I cannot prove it to you.

You appear to be on a rampage here.

When compared with tenderhearted, hopon's postings may have generated less replies and comments, but they have also generated 0 complaints (except from you I suppose).  If one was to compare complaints, then definitely tenderhearted loses.

But since you are the moderator, you are of course free to do what seems best in your own eyes.

I believe hopon made a valid point.  I cringe to think of the database space taken up with tenderhearted's posts, which most people do not read, except those who feel sorry for her.  I do read some of what she posts, but most of it I skim.  The nice thing about hopon's thread is that it is contained and can be deleted eventually. Undecided

You know, I deleted my poll post because it was of no interest to the board, eventhough I myself was very interested for people to comment.

It is a sad day when people cannot be entreated and learn and change and grow and actually have some spiritual wisdom and discernment.

2r
brian

Email
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2005, 11:53:31 pm »

in the hopes that it will help put this specific issue to rest:

if you want to share a lot of information that are not your personal thoughts, it is usually considered polite bb etiquette to post a link to the information and then share your thoughts on it. in this case, we are far more interested in hearing hopon's thoughts about the consitution than in getting the constitution waved in front of our faces. so hopon (for maximum clarity), if you continue posting the constitution your posts will be deleted. make sense?

brian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: