AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 06:49:40 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were king  (Read 20090 times)
Arthur
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 09:51:01 am »

Arthur,  What do you expect from the World ???Realistically you don't think they're going to behave or ACT like Christians do you?? This is where you seen Naive or at the very least dishonest. I know you rfabricating your Kingdom. But if truth be told its very diffficult to see any difference between Christians and non-Christians these days. I know alot of sincere Christians and allow for human error butas we approach the Lords return we must remember Love covers a multitude of Sin. We will not win anyone over with our Hatred. Vengence is Gods alot will have Hell to pay thats for sure. Think of all the People Buying their Stairway to Heaven....(instead of doing what their told to do )...

Ah I see where you are coming from.  This isn't hatred or even grumpiness.  This is sobriety.   I'm calling it like I see it.  No, I don't expect all the world to act like Christians.  Sexual perversion, deception, etc. are all the norm for a lost world ruled by the evil one--it's not called the kingdom of darkness for nothing.

I was just sitting at the table the other night, thinking about all the evil in the world and I decided that I'd sit down and write how I think a country should be run.  It was a great way to let off steam.

I know that my way will never happen and it doesn't bother me.   It does bother me that disgusting wickedness such as sodomy and abortion just to name a couple are being perpetrated and even embraced in this country and world-wide.  These things should bother Christians.  God hates it.

But we know that Jesus is coming soon.  We need a good king to straighten things out.  Well, he's the great king over all the earth, and when he comes he will rule with a rod of iron and righteousness shall be the law of the land.  He will reward each man according to his deeds.  He is my only hope in the face of such wickedness sweeping humanity to the pit of hell.  But it is the only hope I need and what a hope it is!

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 09:54:24 am by Arthur » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 09:58:08 am »

One reason Churchill was grumpy was that Hitler was bombing London with remote controlled radar guided bombs.  A book that my father gave me more than 20 years ago, The Wizard War, by R. V. Jones, tells about the British scientific intelligence during WWII.  R. V. Jones was Churchill's scientific advisor and the Head of Scientific Intelligence during the war.  They had to figure out the guidance systems of the various types of bombs in order to keep most of them from hitting central London.

Hey Arthur, you haven't yet given any answer to my point about why deregulated health care doesn't work.

Also, you haven't said anything about how you would protect the poor from being taken advantage of by crooked big businesses.
summer007

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 10:01:19 am »

But you Beloved build yourselves up in your most Holy Faith. Jude seems to have it straight...This was nothing new under the sun...Soon you can Rule and Reign with a Rod of Iron..Then you can break them in pieces like a Potters Vessel...Ps.2 This is if you persevere which requires mucho Patience...Glad your getting it...I thought you went Bloody Mad there Arthur you seemed so rational in your 'Arthurs Story'. The Government is on His Shoulders.
Arthur
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 10:22:21 am »

One reason Churchill was grumpy was that Hitler was bombing London with remote controlled radar guided bombs.  A book that my father gave me more than 20 years ago, The Wizard War, by R. V. Jones, tells about the British scientific intelligence during WWII.  R. V. Jones was Churchill's scientific advisor and the Head of Scientific Intelligence during the war.  They had to figure out the guidance systems of the various types of bombs in order to keep most of them from hitting central London.

Hi Stephen, thanks for reminding me.  So are you saying that they were able to steer the bombs away from their targets somehow?  If so how?  

Hey Arthur, you haven't yet given any answer to my point about why deregulated health care doesn't work.

I think I'll have to refer to my advisor on this one.  Smiley  The health care issue is pretty complicated isn't it?
Here are some thoughts.  100 years ago or so it was not as complicated nor as expensive.  Why?  Well for one thing, most doctors were general practitioners or family doctors--and they didn't get paid all that much.  Of course, they didn't have to rake up a $100,000 medical school debt either. For another, medical science wasn't as advanced and hadn't branched out into all of what we know today, each field now having highly-specialized doctors who are demanding highly-priced fees.  And the biggie, back then lawyers weren't given the free reign to wage malpractice suits as they are today.

So what would I do?

1.  Eliminate malpractice suits.  If you're going to let a man operate on you, you'd better know he's good or it's you're own fault.  In times past, people either lived with the mistakes doctors made, or shot their doctors.

2.  I don't believe that everyone has the right to affordable health care.  Sometimes in life, poopie happens.  We have to deal with it.  It builds character to overcome obstacles.  If you can find a doctor that will fix you up, great!  If not, don't go whining to the government.  People think of the government like God.  It's supposed to be there to make sure you are comfortable and don’t have any problems.  That's not reality. So my government would not provide any health care.  Should people trust in government or in God?

3.  I would look into a way to decrease the cost of medical schools.  Make it a public service maybe, share the wealth of knowledge for king and country--have a royal academy.

4.  I think general practitioners still have their place in society.  My government would make things easy on them

Also, you haven't said anything about how you would protect the poor from being taken advantage of by crooked big businesses.

Crooked businesses, big or small would be punished.  They wouldn't get away with it in my country.  I detest such things and there's no way I would allow it.

Arthur

PS, if you want more specifics on these, give me an example or ask further questions.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 10:31:31 am by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2004, 10:29:19 am »

But you Beloved build yourselves up in your most Holy Faith. Jude seems to have it straight...This was nothing new under the sun...Soon you can Rule and Reign with a Rod of Iron..Then you can break them in pieces like a Potters Vessel...Ps.2 This is if you persevere which requires mucho Patience...Glad your getting it...I thought you went Bloody Mad there Arthur you seemed so rational in your 'Arthurs Story'. The Government is on His Shoulders.

Smiley  I'm not some megalomaniac bent on conquest and power.  I'm just one small fry who can't do anything about the world around him but likes to dream Smiley

Yes, I so look forward to the day when the wrongs will be righted.  And I thank GOD the government is not on my shoulders but on his.

In the meantime, I think it's right that I stand for what he says is right as best I can.

Arthur
summer007

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 10:44:10 am »

Favorite quote of Winston Churchill "Never,never, never, Give-up".....222.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2004, 06:22:06 pm »

Some thoughts:

-sodomy: outlawed, penalty death  While I am against sodomy, I don't like the implication of the police being able to check out what I am doing in my bedroom.

-abortion: outlawed, penalty death  Let's figure out a way to help both the woman and the baby.  The woman has legitimate needs (and may be in a hostile environment where her boyfriend is pressuring her to have an abortion).  The issue with the "pro-choice" crowd is that they only want it one way.

death row: eliminated--death penalty to be carried out within 30 days of sentence.  If this is the case, you have to figure out how to make sure there are no mistakes.  Part of the issue why death penalty takes so long is the appeal process.  At times, this process turns up legitimate mistakes.  Also, you will have to deal with the issue that poor black murderers (with court appointed lawyers) end up on death row far more often than better-off white murders who have good lawyers.

-welfare: eliminated  I think there are legitimate victems.  The trick here is to help those who are truly victems and transition them to be self sufficient.  Not everyone who is poor is a victem - some are self inflicted though continual poor and self-limiting choices.  Handing out money and services indescriminatly doesn't help in the long run.  Allow religious and local groups to take up some of the slack.

-equal opportunity: eliminated  Two people getting paid the same for the same job is a good thing.  I don't think a woman should get paid less for doing my job if she is just as capable.

-ACLU: eliminated  Agreed.  Their primary objective seems to be to eradicate God from society (it's telling that they eliminated the cross from the county of LA seal, but left the pagan diety symbol).

-planned parenthood: eliminated  Amen.  They're just a front for the abortion industry.

-public schools K-12: eliminated  At least allow parents to have a choice.  Our values are not as unified as they used to be.  We don't all want to raise our kids as secular materialists.

-illegal immigrants: immediately deported  I do understand the sediment though I do waver on this one.  After all, we did kind of take California from Mexico and they provide a needed service (cheap labor) that would have been done by our kids had we not aborted them.  On the other hand, we do need to have some policy that is applied fairly and consistantly.

-public services in multiple languages: eliminated - English only  Yes.  But, have a transitional plan for older children who may be able to learn in their language while they are learning English.

-health care: deregulated, no government interference whatsoever  I would add that insurance should just be for catostrophic expenses, not for every doctor visit.  This way, the private doctor, not insurance, can prescribe the cure.  Encourage the private sector to have medical savings so people could afford larger doctor bills.

-income tax: flat tax rate of 10%, if necessary  I'm not sure of the implications of this one.  

-if a government bureau is inefficient, the department head gets canned and a new one is put in his place until it gets efficient.  After I'm through, the government will be about 90% smaller than it is now.   Yes, I think we have to get back to the question, "what is the purpose for government?"  Is it really the government's job to enforce motorcycle helmets, place adoptions, make sure everyone has a retirement fund, give money to the poor, etc.?  Or are there many things that the private sector, local organizations and/or religious organizations do better?  The original vision for government was very limited.  Thank Roosevelt (as good of a President as he was in many ways) and Johnson for opening government up to be the monster that it is today.

-any court of law that tries to legislate instead of interpret the law gets the boot  Absolutely.  It's getting kind of rediculous, isn't it?

-any nationwide news service that instead of printing facts prints opinion and advocacy for a cause anywhere other than the editorial page gets fined 25% of their yearly income each week until they cease and desist.  Tough to enforce.  Why will be the final arbitrator?  Government?   True freedom of the press means anyone can print what they want.  However, the founding father's had no way to envision these large media conglomorations.   They problem to solve is to encourage these alternative media sources - Fox News, blogs, World magazine are a good start.

-I'd tell the U.N. that we are a sovereign nation and not under their control whatsoever.  We may cooperate with them if in our best interest.  Good idea.

-Deal with tenor on the University campuses so that there may be a more diversity of thought instead of the outgowth of grown-up hippies who hate everything about the country that provided so much for them.

-Give press time to real, thoughtful political experts - not spoiled hollywood comedians and actors who live in a bubble and are in love with what they want to make America into.

-Distribute the book "Michael Moore is a stupid white man" at every showing of "Farenheit 9/11".

-Just for the record, I don't want to be king.  I have a hard enough time keeping my own life in order.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 06:27:38 pm by Dave Sable » Logged
lenore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 10:03:01 pm »

Yes Marcia:

I am concern about King Arthur and his Knights, with those types of rules he is planning to imposed, He might think Canada is an easy target. After all Canada
is a mulicultural, that has two national languages that the government must serve in.  
Some of the other freedoms Canadians take for granted he plans to eliminated them.
Well I guess Canada was a refuge for the slaves during the Civil War, and sanctuary for draft dodgers during the Vietnam War so I guess Canada will be flood with American Refugee's from King Arthur Kingdom .
What do you think? One way or another Canada will be invaded/or affected.

Lenore

p.s. (AL) are you going to be Sir Lancelot?

Oh Canada!  Oh don't get me started.  Oh yeah, you are SO multicultural and open-minded and lovers of freedom over there.  A guy is free to hump another guy all he wants, but if someone were to, say, put an ad in a Canadian paper declaring that homosexuality is wrong and quoting verses from the Bible which state that it is wrong, he's going to end up in jail.  Don't you see the hypocracy Lenore?  I'm not making this story up, I wish I were.  It actually happened in that great, freedom-loving country of Canada, and now that poor unfortunate soul is probably somebody's girlfriend in prison.  Oh you're so free but the moment someone opens their mouth to say something contrary to the perverts' agenda, they are shut down immediately!  Wake up, Lenore!

Arthur

I am not for the gays rights. I dont agree with their choices in life, I especially dont agree that a gay minister of parliament, put forth a private members bill , and the senate pass it making hate literature  illegal, which can include the Bible.

I agree Canada is a very dark place re Christianity, that they are sending missionary from Africa to enlighten the country about Christ. Especially when  town of just over 7500 has so many churches that you would think this town is on fire for Christ.

Who am I , I am not without sin, to be able to cast the first stone.

You know Arthur: Just like Sodom and Gomorrha, the time is riping for God to destroy the earth.
I know these are signs that will indicate that the time is drawing so near.
I welcome the time when God will grace the earth.
These signs of darkness must come to usher in the era of the AntiChrist.
Why are we so surprised that it is here.

I hear when Middle East is in so much turmoil, that people pray for peace in the Middle East, which is rightful so to do.  But in the back of my mind, is that this is necessary to usher in Jesus's reign on earth.
So I pray , let me ready Lord for your return.

There is nothing I can do to stop government from making these stupid rules. I sign the petitions and written to my member of parliament, and I exercise my right to vote, so I can consciously rightfully complain when the government does something displeasing.
If you dont vote, dont complain.

If a gay man, repents and practice celebracy. Would you still have him executed.

Arthur: A lot of the King Arthur's rules:

There was one thing missing .

COMPASSION.

WHERE IS YOUR COMPASSION.

I am on welfare, I am a single mother I raised two girls working part time jobs.
I am not trying to seek disability for mood disorder.
In this small town there are no jobs except part time jobs, which pays only minimum wage.
It is not enough to support myself, let alone a family.
I dont drive, so I have to work in town, where walking distance is a must.
I have to have medication for my antidepressives, which without a government welfare drug card, would cost me $100 a month.
I live in social housing, I pay gas heating, hydro, water, plus my phone.
including groceries, cleaning supplies, hygienic supplies and my furry family members needs.
I also have debts.
Last month I only received $368.00 per month to live on.  It is no pleasure ride on welfare.Ontario Works.
Being on welfare is emotionally bankrupt and financially bankrupt.
I have volunteered with in the community and with in my church.

You are probably going to say, I am trying to justify my reasoning.  But if there was a full time office job outthere somewhere, where I can gained the skills, usefullness, confidence and acceptance. I will be glad to accept.
Arthur. You told me to wake up.  There is nothing I can do about this country policies.
But I think Arthur you need a reality check, of fact that there are people out there that need compassion and understanding.
This why I asked you about some of your rules.
Are there going to be jobs out there to have.

Your King Arthur's kingdom is not realitic and human demeaning.

With out expections in life. There is no COMPASSION.

LENORE

delila

Email
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 02:13:57 am »

Dear Arthur,
Please set me straight on this: is it true Americans drink Coke for breakfast?

delila
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 08:49:30 am »

Dear Arthur,

delila

In the summer, and only the fruity flavored ones. Smiley
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 09:00:43 am »

King Arthur,

In OT times, the rapists could be killed. What do you think is NT teaching on this issue? Personally, I'd have no problem purchasing a rifle and shooting them in an instant, especially when babies are involved.

One of your peasants, willing to serve in your vigilante corps.

lenore
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 03:18:15 am »

Smiley:  I agree that any man who rapes a baby/child doesnt deserve life he is living.
He should be immediate castrated prior to the death sentence.

In the Bible , have you notice MOONFLOWER
even in the new testament when those men brought the prostitute to Jesus , asked Jesus if they should stone her.  Remember Jesus reply.

I always wondered why was the men she was making her trade with, why weren't they also brought before Jesus to receive the same death sentence.

I can't remember in the old testament, if the man was equally held accountable for adultery as the woman.

Even in countries today, especially Muslim world, it is the woman who suffers the death sentence for having an affair with a man,  but the man doesnt get that type of death sentence for being with the woman who was executed.

I think rapists, of both women, and children should be castrated.
It just shows even in 21st century, doesnt matter if it is in America, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East, Far East, South America, etc.
The value of women and children are still seen as disposable.
This world hasnt really advance anymore than the bible times in this, has it.  The Baby Boom and Generation X, etc, are suppose to be an enlightened generation. A generation with so much knowledge, so many choices, so many freedoms, so many rights.
Yet when criminal, wickedness behaviour like raping a child/baby, or even an elderly woman of 80-90 + year old.  I can never understand that type of mentally.
I know it is an issue of control, an issue of mental depravity. But what is going on to have such vicious vengeous against babies and elderly, the vulnerable.
Maybe I just hit on the answer the vulnerable. A coward who can only prey on the vulnerable .
Canada doesnt have the death penalty.  I was told one time by some one who did hard time in  Provincial Penitentary, that the have separate rapist and murderers of children, because the prisoners have a moral code of their own. That the other prisoners would kill a child killer and rapist.  There is a man now, who must be guarded around the clock, be in solitary confinement because of the brutality he kidnapped and raped and killed two teenage girls.
Canadian Government is paying for this prisoner to spend the rest of his life without parole in prison.
Because of prisoner rights, this time I have no compassion for this man. He has never repented. I say leave the prisoner gates open , and let the prisoners serve their own justice for those girls.

I know some argue about all those abortions that have occurred since abortion became legal in both of our countries. but those babies are in Jesus arms, and have been spared the viciousness of abusiveness at the hands of men , that have no moral conscious.

Moonflower go after those rapist, protect those babies.
I believe your anger is righteous anger.

Arthur
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2004, 03:10:47 am »

re: sodomy

God hates it, the good kings wiped it out.  God himself wiped it out when he utterly destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

I agree that I wouldn't want police coming into my home and bedroom or anyone else's for that matter.  Privacy is a good thing, and I'd make sure people would have theirs, but much as it is today where police can invade a home if they have a search warrant, as sodomy would be illegal, I would allow them the right to break down the doors and arrest the perverts.  

Perhaps what I'd do is this--as soon as I came into power, I'd have a meeting like that of Jehu.  I'll send a proclamation throughout the land saying that we'll be having a gay orgy...I mean convention...  Everyone who anyone that considers themselves to be gay or lesbian needs to be there.

"Clinton served homosexuality a little, I will serve it much."  I will tell them.  

Then, once they're all in the compound, I'll either drop a nuke or have soliders with mini's mow em down.  

"And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel. I Kings 14:24

And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.  I Kings 15:11-12

And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant....And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.  I Kings 23:3,7"

Arthur
Arthur
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2004, 03:15:40 am »

King Arthur,

In OT times, the rapists could be killed. What do you think is NT teaching on this issue? Personally, I'd have no problem purchasing a rifle and shooting them in an instant, especially when babies are involved.

One of your peasants, willing to serve in your vigilante corps.

Yeah, shoot the bastard.  I'll make you the head of the Women Avenging Rapist Bastards Corp.  

Arthur
Arthur
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2004, 03:17:51 am »

Dear Arthur,

delila

Dear Delila,

I don't think so.  These days most do Starbucks.  Rare has been the occasion that I'd have a soft drink in the AM.

Arthur
P.S.  Why do you ask?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: