AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 12:24:50 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were king  (Read 20088 times)
Arthur
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:32:08 pm »

If I were the ruler of the USA (Note I say ruler, because to accomplish these things would take a bit more pull than a president has.  But since our democracy is all but dead, if we're going to have a dictator, it might as well be a benevolent one such as myself.)

-sodomy: outlawed, penalty death

-abortion: outlawed, penalty death

-death row: eliminated--death penalty to be carried out within 30 days of sentence.

-welfare: eliminated

-equal opportunity: eliminated

-ACLU: eliminated

-planned parenthood: eliminated

-public schools K-12: eliminated

-illegal immigrants: immediately deported

-public services in multiple languages: eliminated - English only

-health care: deregulated, no government interference whatsoever

-income tax: flat tax rate of 10%, if necessary

-if a government bureau is inefficient, the department head gets canned and a new one is put in his place until it gets efficient.  After I'm through, the government will be about 90% smaller than it is now.  

-any court of law that tries to legislate instead of interpret the law gets the boot

-any nationwide news service that instead of printing facts prints opinion and advocacy for a cause anywhere other than the editorial page gets fined 25% of their yearly income each week until they cease and desist.

-I'd tell the U.N. that we are a sovereign nation and not under their control whatsoever.  We may cooperate with them if in our best interest.

...these for starters

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 12:32:53 pm by Arthur » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 09:32:42 pm »

King Arthur!

You're sounding a bit grumpy.  But then, Winston Churchill was a bit grumpy and is remembered for being a great leader.

Proverbs 20:26
A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.

A good measure of the quality of government is whether the poor are treated fairly:

Proverbs 29:2,7,14
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.
The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.

False things must be brought to light by breaking the code of silence:

Proverbs 29:24-25
Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Deregulating health care doesn't work.  It is essentially equivalent to meeting a mugger who threatens you: "Your money or your life!" and after taking all of your money kills you anyway.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 12:44:53 am »

Wow. Your kingdom sounds a lot like Saudi Arabia.
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 01:10:32 am »

Heheh, there are some differences.

1.  Women don't have to be covered head to toe in burkas.
2.  I wouldn't cut people's hands off for stealing.
3.  I believe in God and the Bible and my rule would reflect those values, whereas in Saudi Arabia their rule reflects Islam, the so-called religion of peace...which, in its four major sacred texts including the Koran, calls for the beheading of infidels.  
4.  People would be free in America, only the wicked need fear.

lenore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 01:57:38 am »

Shocked ::)July 19

DEAR KING ARTHUR:

The rules for King Arthur Kingdom
=======================

sodomy: outlawed, penalty death

-abortion: outlawed, penalty death:
             Who is going to die? The one who is performing the abortion, or the one who is receiving the abortion. Does this includes anyone who has had an abortion ever?

-death row: eliminated--death penalty to be carried out within 30 days of sentence.

-welfare: eliminated:
               Are you going to guarantee people jobs to support themselves and their families?

-equal opportunity: eliminated:
                Are you going to eliminate discrimination, so their will not be an need for equal opportunity.

-ACLU: eliminated

-planned parenthood: eliminated:
                 Are you also going to eliminate birth control, teenage pregnancies; and are you going to assure that their ample help for large families, medically, financially, and home help to assist. etc.

-public schools K-12: eliminated:
                What is K-12: Is this a dog patrolling the schools to eliminate drugs, and weapons on the school property:  Are you going to also eliminate drug dealers, arms sales. Are you going to put to death the dogs.

-illegal immigrants: immediately deported:
                How are you going to determine that they are not refugeee in need of sanctuary? Are you going to guarantee their safety upon returning to their homeland.

-public services in multiple languages: eliminated - English only:
                   Are you going to guarantee that there will be sufficient financial means, for extra teachers, books , and classrooms to teach everyone in your kingdom English.
                  Are you going to eliminate anyone who doesnt speak English.

-health care: deregulated, no government interference whatsoever:
                   Are you going to ensure that the subjects in your kingdom have access to health care, even if they cant afford it.
                  Are you going to eliminate diseases, illnesses, injuries, death in your kingdom. Foolish me, your are going to impose the death penalty.

-income tax: flat tax rate of 10%, if necessary

-if a government bureau is inefficient, the department head gets canned and a new one is put in his place until it gets efficient.  After I'm through, the government will be about 90% smaller than it is now.  

-any court of law that tries to legislate instead of interpret the law gets the boot:
       Are you going to guarantee that the people in charge of judging the laws of the land, will not be subject to bribes, educated to the letter of the law, not of their own interpretation. And their judgement is unbais.
 (This idea of yours sounds too much like the Pharisees)

-any nationwide news service that instead of printing facts prints opinion and advocacy for a cause anywhere other than the editorial page gets fined 25% of their yearly income each week until they cease and desist.:
     Are you going to eliminate free speech.
    (Careful this sounds a little to much like communionist)

-I'd tell the U.N. that we are a sovereign nation and not under their control whatsoever.  We may cooperate with them if in our best interest.
     So you are going to be a country unto yourself!

You know something, the rules of King Arthur's kingdom, sound like it not just the wicked needs to fear.
It sounds like a dictatorship, and everyone needs to fear, not just the wicked. Because it sounds like there is no freedom.

Just voicing .

Lenore

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 06:47:17 am »

...Do you think King Arthur and his knights might attempt to conquer Canada?  

Arthur's kingdom sounds to be more benighted than beknighted... Shocked Roll Eyes

Nonetheless, it's good to hear from you, Bro.! Smiley Wink Cheesy

God bless,
al

« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 06:51:46 am by al Hartman » Logged
lenore
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 07:47:13 am »

Lenore,

I'm 1 Canadian BB reader/poster.

You sound a trifle concerned.  Do you think King Arthur and his knights might attempt to conquer Canada?  Wink

Marcia

Yes Marcia:

I am concern about King Arthur and his Knights, with those types of rules he is planning to imposed, He might think Canada is an easy target. After all Canada
is a mulicultural, that has two national languages that the government must serve in.  
Some of the other freedoms Canadians take for granted he plans to eliminated them.
Well I guess Canada was a refuge for the slaves during the Civil War, and sanctuary for draft dodgers during the Vietnam War so I guess Canada will be flood with American Refugee's from King Arthur Kingdom .
What do you think? One way or another Canada will be invaded/or affected.

Lenore

p.s. (AL) are you going to be Sir Lancelot?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 07:48:23 am by LENORE » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 08:03:19 am »

-abortion: outlawed, penalty death:
             Who is going to die? The one who is performing the abortion, or the one who is receiving the abortion. Does this includes anyone who has had an abortion ever?

The performer of the abortion is to be executed for murder, from the proclamation date of the law on.

-welfare: eliminated:
               Are you going to guarantee people jobs to support themselves and their families?

No, no guarantees.  People who were formerly on welfare will have to go out and look for jobs and work for a living, just like the rest of us who formerly supported them.  Hunger is a good motivator.

-equal opportunity: eliminated:
                Are you going to eliminate discrimination, so their will not be an need for equal opportunity.

Getting rid of equal opportunity will get rid of discrimination, at least the idiotic variety.  In the highering process, employers will discriminate based on merit, ability and character, and not higher someone for fear of being sued because they didn't higher someone of a certain ethnicity.  

-planned parenthood: eliminated:
                 Are you also going to eliminate birth control, teenage pregnancies; and are you going to assure that their ample help for large families, medically, financially, and home help to assist. etc.

A correction: that should be Planned Parenthood with the capital p's because I was referring to the government organization.  People have planned parenthood on their own without government intervention for millennia.  A government program isn't necessary, just individual self-control and societal shame for immorality.  
Planned Parenthood encourages people to do it in the streets anywhere, any time with anything that moves.  Their spiel and the liberal garbage taught in public schools create the problem and then they perpetuate it.
What did people do 50-100 years ago before PP in America?  The husband went out and got a job and supported his family.  
Furthermore, you probably didn't know this, but churches and other non-government organizations privately fund crisis pregnancy centers because they want a better alternative to the godless Planned Parenthood.  People are willing to shell out money from their own pockets to help people even after being taxed by the government to pay for a service which is supposed to already be provided for.  Well, why not get rid of the dysfunctional, even harmful government service?  I will.

-public schools K-12: eliminated:
                What is K-12: Is this a dog patrolling the schools to eliminate drugs, and weapons on the school property:  Are you going to also eliminate drug dealers, arms sales. Are you going to put to death the dogs.

K-12 = Kindergarten through 12th grade.  No, no death to dogs.

-illegal immigrants: immediately deported:
                How are you going to determine that they are not refugee in need of sanctuary? Are you going to guarantee their safety upon returning to their homeland.

We have borders, and we have regulations for entering our nation and becoming citizens.  They may apply, and if they are willing to become one of us, swearing allegiance only to our nation, then yes they may stay.

-public services in multiple languages: eliminated - English only:
                   Are you going to guarantee that there will be sufficient financial means, for extra teachers, books , and classrooms to teach everyone in your kingdom English.
                  Are you going to eliminate anyone who doesn’t speak English.

No, it is not the responsibility of the government to teach everyone the language of our own country.  If a person wants to be a citizen of this country, he must learn the language.  I would think he would WANT to learn the language.  If he refuses to learn the language of Americans, then he isn't worthy of being an American.  
No, I will not eliminate them, but they will be shown the door.  
You mentioned the refugee coming to America for sanctuary.  If his country was so great that he’d rather speak its language than ours, why is he coming to our country for sanctuary?

-health care: deregulated, no government interference whatsoever:
                   Are you going to ensure that the subjects in your kingdom have access to health care, even if they cant afford it.
                  Are you going to eliminate diseases, illnesses, injuries, death in your kingdom. Foolish me, your are going to impose the death penalty.

No, it's not the job of the government to make sure everyone is nice and comfy and has all their needs met. The purpose of government is to ensure law and order and provide for defense against our enemies.

-any court of law that tries to legislate instead of interpret the law gets the boot:
       Are you going to guarantee that the people in charge of judging the laws of the land, will not be subject to bribes, educated to the letter of the law, not of their own interpretation. And their judgment is unbais.
 (This idea of yours sounds too much like the Pharisees)

Yes, I will see to it that any judge on the take gets severely punished.  As far as their interpretation is concerned, I will see to it that the men who become judges are good and honest men.

-any nationwide news service that instead of printing facts prints opinion and advocacy for a cause anywhere other than the editorial page gets fined 25% of their yearly income each week until they cease and desist.:

They can say whatever they want in the editorial page.  But if in their regular reporting columns they blatantly skew the facts and print lies to fit a particular agenda, they will be fined.  

So you are going to be a country unto yourself!

Yep, exactly!

You know something, the rules of King Arthur's kingdom, sound like it not just the wicked needs to fear.
It sounds like a dictatorship, and everyone needs to fear, not just the wicked. Because it sounds like there is no freedom.

As I said, this would not be a democracy.  BTW, America's form of government is not a democracy but a republic (we elect representatives).  I suppose in reality, it's an oligarchy in that no one is elected unless they have lots of money and power already.

There will be plenty of freedom in my country. Freedom to live a good life in peace.  Freedom from the disease of liberalism, which, as I can see from your writings, has infected your mind.  Freedom from the knowledge that some pervert homosexual is in Congress making laws for you.  Freedom from having to breathe the same air as those who murder millions of innocents each year.  Freedom to say what you want without liberal idiots attacking you and saying you can't say that because it's discriminating and infringes on freedom.  In my country liberal idiots can speak their mind all they want but no one would listen to them because we all know it's garbage anyways, yet as it is now they are in places of power.  Not so when I am king.  

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:54:47 am by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 08:11:52 am »

Arthur's kingdom sounds to be more benighted than beknighted... Shocked Roll Eyes

Nonetheless, it's good to hear from you, Bro.! Smiley Wink Cheesy

God bless,
al

benighted:
1. Overtaken by night or darkness.
2. Being in a state of moral or intellectual darkness; unenlightened.

Yeah...bro...good to hear from you to.  
So Al, what part of what I said do you think is unenlightened and steeped in moral darkness?  Was it the part about sodomy?  Would you rather I make it ok for you to jump in bed with your 16 year- old boyfriend Al?  
Or was it Planned Parenthood?  Do you think behavior will change if we throw more money at it, and if we teach 5-year-olds how to put condoms on cucumbers in Kindergarten?
Or maybe you we should allow butchers to rip 5 month old babies out of their mother's wombs because the child was an incovenience for her?  Barbara Boxer's says that it's not a child until you bring it home from the hospital.  Do you think that's a good definition?

I think maybe what hit a nerve was the health care issue.  If you can't get free meds for your mental condition, all hell breaks loose.  Well I can understand that, certainly Al.

heh, heh, bro, yeah real good to hear from you and here's a knife in the back while I smile all the way.  You're not fooling anyone.  It makes me sick, Al.

Arthur
Arthur
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 08:19:34 am »

Yes Marcia:

I am concern about King Arthur and his Knights, with those types of rules he is planning to imposed, He might think Canada is an easy target. After all Canada
is a mulicultural, that has two national languages that the government must serve in.  
Some of the other freedoms Canadians take for granted he plans to eliminated them.
Well I guess Canada was a refuge for the slaves during the Civil War, and sanctuary for draft dodgers during the Vietnam War so I guess Canada will be flood with American Refugee's from King Arthur Kingdom .
What do you think? One way or another Canada will be invaded/or affected.

Lenore

p.s. (AL) are you going to be Sir Lancelot?

Oh Canada!  Oh don't get me started.  Oh yeah, you are SO multicultural and open-minded and lovers of freedom over there.  A guy is free to hump another guy all he wants, but if someone were to, say, put an ad in a Canadian paper declaring that homosexuality is wrong and quoting verses from the Bible which state that it is wrong, he's going to end up in jail.  Don't you see the hypocracy Lenore?  I'm not making this story up, I wish I were.  It actually happened in that great, freedom-loving country of Canada, and now that poor unfortunate soul is probably somebody's girlfriend in prison.  Oh you're so free but the moment someone opens their mouth to say something contrary to the perverts' agenda, they are shut down immediately!  Wake up, Lenore!

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:24:11 am by Arthur » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 08:58:15 am »

Arthur, I think you've gone Mad...Anyway I'm glad about the Burka..geez can we still drive??? There would be alot of Death here in L.A. if you were GOD I mean King or Ruler, ha between the Gays and the Abortionsts would'nt be too many left...Oh and lets hope no one is ever (especially you)falsely accused and given a death sentance..oh yeah your probibly exempt...I'm very surprized your letting the woman live ...shocking!!! Remember if God had'nt left a remnant we'd all be as Sodem and Gommorah. Are You a Part of the Remnant?Huh You can't Fool God !!! Adious
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 09:04:59 am »

No, no guarantees.  People who were formerly on welfare will have to go out and look for jobs and work for a living, just like the rest of us who formerly supported them.  Hunger is a good motivator.

Oh King, live forever!

Will you undo child labor laws?
Mothers, whose husbands have left them can't make enough money to put food in their children's mouths and pay rent and pay for child care! Many have not the education to make more than the minimum wage. Will their children have to work to eat??
Even King Wencelas seemed kinder in this regard.  Wink

Arthur
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 09:25:23 am »

Arthur, I think you've gone Mad...Anyway I'm glad about the Burka..geez can we still drive??? There would be alot of Death here in L.A. if you were GOD I mean King or Ruler, ha between the Gays and the Abortionsts would'nt be too many left

That's what they hope you believe, but actually the number of homosexuals in America is less than 3%.  The number is growing since they push their agenda very hard, but people still aren't all that much for such perversity.  Times may change...  Similiar for abortionists, though the percentage is higher, still I wouldn't say it's even a majority (don't let the CNN polls fool ya).  Furthermore, that number would drastically change when it became outlawed upon pain of death.  Not because of the executions but because of fear for transgressing the law, as well they should for it is God's law as well, and with God the consequences are eternal.

...Oh and lets hope no one is ever (especially you)falsely accused and given a death sentence

Again, another arguement touted by the left which holds no water.  Do mistakes happen? Sure, but are you saying you'd rather let a man who raped and killed his 2-year-old niece live for 20 years while we hem and haw over whether or not he really did the deed when he sperm is in her and her blood is all over him?

I'm very surprized your letting the woman live ...shocking!!! Remember if God had'nt left a remnant we'd all be as Sodem and Gommorah. Are You a Part of the Remnant?Huh You can't Fool God !!! Adious

Oh please, I take some firm positions against obviously wicked things and people jump to the conclusion that I'm some nut.  If you'll notice, I didn't say anything at all about infringing upon the rights of women, etc.  
I don't get it, especially on this board.  I mean this kind of liberal nonsense I would expect on the "ex-Christian" website that David Mauldin was kind enough to tell us about.  Are you guys so swayed and influenced by the prevailing winds of society that you actually believe what you are saying?  Or maybe you haven't given it much thought.
I'm guessing that maybe it wasn't all of what I wrote, just one point or another that you disagreed with and, clouded by your anger, you brand me a bad guy. Ok, take a step back, breathe, read it again and let's talk.

Arthur
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 09:28:24 am by Arthur » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 09:43:34 am »

Arthur,  What do you expect from the World ???Realistically you don't think they're going to behave or ACT like Christians do you?? This is where you seen Naive or at the very least dishonest. I know you rfabricating your Kingdom. But if truth be told its very diffficult to see any difference between Christians and non-Christians these days. I know alot of sincere Christians and allow for human error butas we approach the Lords return we must remember Love covers a multitude of Sin. We will not win anyone over with our Hatred. Vengence is Gods alot will have Hell to pay thats for sure. Think of all the People Buying their Stairway to Heaven....(instead of doing what their told to do )...
Arthur
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 09:43:39 am »

Oh King, live forever!

Will you undo child labor laws?
No, I would not undo child labor laws.  I would never allow anyone to exploit children.  Children should be protected and their innocence and childhood preserved.  The far left have exactly the opposite in mind for your children.  If they had their way, every gay couple would take your little boy away from you and make him just like them.  Think about it, they say they want families.  How the heck are they going to do that?  Their strategy is to first make gay marriages legal, then they'll be able to adopt just like anyone else.  Now what kind of messed up kid will their child be?  I shudder at the horror of such a possibility.

Mothers, whose husbands have left them can't make enough money to put food in their
children's mouths and pay rent and pay for child care! Many have not the education to make more than the minimum wage. Will their children have to work to eat??
Even King Wencelas seemed kinder in this regard.  Wink

You bring up a good point.  The men who leave their wives and family to fend for themselves are no good bastards.  This is a difficult issue.  In times past, the government would not need to step into such a situation.  There existed sufficient social mores that would shame a man into not doing such a thing.  Today, primarily due to the rise of feminism, men think that they don't have to protect or provide for their families--they're just roommates on equal footing after all.  See how liberal thinking is destroying America?
This is not something I could easily fix.  I would need a society that's better and has better morals than what we have today.  Of course, once I take over, morals would immediately improve and in time men wouldn't dare leave their families.  

But in the meantime some things I may try would be to start by making a divorce harder to obtain.  Also, I would make negligence of family needs (i.e. a man leaving his family) criminally prosecutable depending on the circumstances.  His punishment would be that he would have to live with his mother-in-law one week for every day gone Smiley  just kidding.  These for starters, I'd have to give a problem like this much thought.

Good question.  I am kind, I would not let the children starve as you were so quick to accuse me of.  

Arthur
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: